Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

Axl Rose just played with Slash and Duff in real life and you guys just want to pick everything apart. I don't remember it being like this on here before. I remember the excitement surrounding the Hammerstein shows and all the positivity. People helping each other find leaked songs and shit. What happened? 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Wow

Hmm, Axl got shaky at the end, althought it's still better than the last 5 years....

But the band sounded INCREDIBLE. This is the way PC should be played

People give WAY too much shit for Frank, but he plays with great groove and power. he is no Adler but he is great

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Trust me I heard axl scream his ass off not just once but several times during PC, and it was goosebumps. That short video tells you nothing about the whole performance

Exactly. I heard none of his vocals from the feed from outside the troubadour, and I still heard the screams and was taken aback. I thought it was a studio recording. I wish I had a good recording of that.

Question: was he improv screaming runs over some of the instrumental parts? I thought he was but I'm not sure 

Edited by KiernanProud

6 minutes ago, Bansidhe said:

Suppose he's probably knackered himself earlier in the set, just from the sheer energy of playing in front of that crowd with those guys again.

He's always tended to be a bit gash at the start of tours but improves as the tour goes on and he gets stronger.

Or maybe he just can't sing anymore ?

2 minutes ago, ZoSoRose said:

So, how was it? 

It was incredible unless you are someone at their keyboard in which case Axl was on fire on periscope but failed to live up to the hype on a 10 sec video. People with a keyboard have also noted that Pittman being gone is a plus unless a girl replaces him, and Steven and Izzy not being there makes this whole thing pointless...so there ya have it! An incredible performance unless you are here

• Like 4

Think I'm gonna check out for the night. Thanks for a great night guys, this was incredible to live out this long awaited reunion tour with all of you. Great first experience spending a lot of time on the forum and to many more! See you all on the night of Vegas :)

• Like 1

Not that shit about recordings not capturing Axl's voice properly or whatever again. If he sounds shit on videos, he sounded shit there. For what it's worth, I don't think it was that bad and I've grown used to Mickey over the last few years after how good he was in 06/10.

16 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Axl sounds horrible there, we all know that.

Again, he needs to lose another 25-30 lbs if he wants to SUSTAIN ANY RASP beyond the first couple songs. He simply has really poor cardio right now which will be a big shock for old timers who are interested in seeing GNR again for the first time in 25+ years.

The success of the upcoming tour will depend on him being able to do the above, that's just the fact of the matter.

As unfair as it sounds, Slash can get away with being heavy because he doesn't have to sing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

Hmm, Axl got shaky at the end, althought it's still better than the last 5 years....

But the band sounded INCREDIBLE. This is the way PC should be played

People give WAY too much shit for Frank, but he plays with great groove and power. he is no Adler but he is great

I'll take it. Incredible moment regardless.

• Like 1

Just now, paranoyd androyd said:

Again, he needs to lose another 25-30 lbs if he wants to SUSTAIN ANY RASP beyond the first couple songs. He simply has really poor cardio right now which will be a big shock for old timers who are interested in seeing GNR again for the first time in 25+ years.

The success of the upcoming tour will depend on him being able to do the above, that's just the fact of the matter.

As unfair as it sounds, Slash can get away with being heavy because he doesn't have to sing.

Watch the other video, he'll be fine

Just now, paranoyd androyd said:

With that, I'm out for another 10 years. Thanks to everyone who posted updates ITT. I had fun tonight.

1 minute ago, xBrownstonex said:

Whoever starts complaining about shit now is a fucking morons and needs to get a life and sort out your inferiority complexes

yes... the short extracts are not sufficent to have an ideaof the sound of the band. About steven, we don't know if he's not coming for future shows... 

but one year ago, would somebody have imagined that axl with slash and with duff would perform together more than 20 years later? we take what we are given, and what are given is not bad. could be better, and could be better in the future, but what we've got now is not so bad, and even an miracle, don't you think?

29 minutes ago, Strange Broue said:

facepalmcoaster

If anything would be good for this band and especially a good replacement for Pitman is a young, beautiful and talented new girl who is 20 something years old...

seriously, this forum contains the dumbest, irrational and most ungrateful fans ever

and a musical prodigy with a great voice. People should be estatic they dont having to here Pittman butcher background vocals

1 minute ago, cigsandalc said:

Was probably the best night of my life.  GnR are back and nearly no sleep, a chaos trip and a few 100 Dollars was totally wort it. Need at least a few hours sleep now and then post some pics and videos. 

please do that now ill kiss ur mouth for a vid

• Like 2

What's odd it's when we've heard through periscope poeple were saying that he sounds incredible with good rasp on PC

What've hear inside the club, then he was not on 100% but i'm willing to cut some slack for him now....

We willl see if he can do a full tour with at least in this form