Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

1 minute ago, Stress Fracture said:

When it comes to covers, KOHD and LALD will always be there. If Duff does a lead vocal while Axl takes a break, it's gonna be something from TSI. But The Seeker seemed unnecessary in a set where they left out some of their own big hitters.

Could be So Fine..

20 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

I consider myself a pretty big GNR fan.  I would have paid max price if it was the original 5.  I am still going to the show near me, but I am not paying max price for 3/5 the band.

So, you wouldn't pay max price ate UYI tour as well.

4 minutes ago, Stress Fracture said:

When it comes to covers, KOHD and LALD will always be there. If Duff does a lead vocal while Axl takes a break, it's gonna be something from TSI. But The Seeker seemed unnecessary in a set where they left out some of their own big hitters.

Now - here's a question... Did they actually do The Seeker in the end, or was it just on the setlist? I didn't hear it mentioned on that Periscope feed from outside the venue, or listed on forums - just seen it written on the set list a fan brought out... but that doesn't necessarily mean they actually played it in the end... Can anyone confirm?

16 minutes ago, Gackt said:

Pitchfork laying down their take on the show:
http://pitchfork.com/news/64553-guns-n-roses-play-first-reunion-show-watch/

It goes to show that the casual fans in the audience likely thought all the people on stage were in the band in the 80's :lol:

You'd think that the BBC would get it right, though; http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/article/35950155/guns-n-roses-first-gig-in-23-years

I can sort of forgive them the 'first gig in 23 years' headline as they go on to clarify that to a point, but Axl's 'long blond hair'? ha.

I mean, there's pitchfork calling Izzy the drummer, and then there's (what is supposed to be) the UK's leading news agency doing no research whatsoever.

2 hours ago, Skyliner said:

We've waited 20 years for Slash to return to GN'R. We've waited 23 years to hear some of these songs live again ("Double Talkin' Jive"). Now everything we wanted is coming to fruition. Even Mother Goose and a third guitarist are things of the past. Quit the bitchin'. You dig what I'm sayin', home fucks? #GnFnR

Cringe.

Anyway, this is unbelievable. I can't believe they played together. Is "Seeker" the Who's song?

2 minutes ago, izzygirl said:

I wish Axl had introduced Slash saying: "on the guitar, the guy that was in my ass, that's where Slash was". That's all I wanted to add. 

I was holding out for a "ROUND 2!" after Paradise City

So if I understand correctly Axl was in a great mood, hugging slash and goofing around with him while slash did not return the affection and did not seem to be enjoying himself? I would have thought I would be the other way around, it must have been terrifying for Axl to walk on that stage with slash after all he has said and done. So slightly worrisome, is slash not happy with the situation? How does he normally act on stage nowadays? 

1 minute ago, Changes said:

So if I understand correctly Axl was in a great mood, hugging slash and goofing around with him while slash did not return the affection and did not seem to be enjoying himself? I would have thought I would be the other way around, it must have been terrifying for Axl to walk on that stage with slash after all he has said and done. So slightly worrisome, is slash not happy with the situation? How does he normally act on stage nowadays? 

I think people are reading into this far too much.

• Like 1

I got the impression that he just really concentraded on his playing. 

He's usually pretty mellow. Not much expression, and the glasses cover his eyes. Definitely not as much movement as with GN'R in the 90s or even VR. I wouldn't be concerned.