Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

Just now, Spirit said:

The thing that opens up for The Troubadour is that the show scheduled for that night starts very early.

That does throw me off a little, but at the same time, I figure it'd probably run 6-9. 

How does GNR sneak all the equipment and guests/press/crowd from the previous show in without the public seeing? And If the previous gigs stuff is there all day, it'd be tough to move in/set-up all of Guns stuff without being detected right?

1 minute ago, KiernanProud said:

That does throw me off a little, but at the same time, I figure it'd probably run 6-9. 

How does GNR sneak all the equipment and guests/press/crowd from the previous show in without the public seeing? And If the previous gigs stuff is there all day, it'd be tough to move in/set-up all of Guns stuff without being detected right?

Why would they sneak in?

Surely if they play there, it'll be announced beforehand so people can buy tickets. Maybe on Friday morning, like the article suggested.

2 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Move it in the night before. Most shows that start at 6 will end at 8...GNR won't go on stage until after 10

1 minute ago, KiernanProud said:

two ways...they would probably have limited gear...as noted this could be accoustic.  But, even if electric, they would probably only have the same gear that your local Friday night band would have....so that isn't much.   They could have it already in place and hidden...or load in after the other thing is without much of an issue.  Though at that point I think everyone would know what's going on.

3 minutes ago, rft2003 said:

When I called Monday they said to call around noon.  I'm coming in from Vegas with my girlfriend and hanging at the rainbow. With all the chaos that happened with the whisky, if I was a betting man I'd say it's there.  We will know soon here's a picture of me, look out for me at the rainbow. Would be cool to meet.  I think we're going to be happy Friday night !

image.jpeg

Cool!! I don't think I will be down until maybe 4 or so, I have a conference in Pasadena that day, and I am presenting, so I have to do it. I live in the valley so I am going home and changing and then heading over to the bow too. My pic in profile is me, but this is just a regular pic from today. I am tall/blonde. Let me know if you can how early you can get the tickets!! Here's hoping!!

image.jpg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

From the social media pics, maybe they are already set up there and the Girl Rock thing is a ruse?  Anyone out in LA know about the "Girl Rock" organization? 

Edit: and putting 2+2 together, Emby's source had them at the Whisky at 6 pm....which is the SAME start time of the Girl Rock event at the Troubadour.  Whisper down the lane effect maybe?  Maybe it's really at the Troubadour at 6 pm and the Girl Rock thing is the April Fool's joke part.

Edited by Kasanova King

Just now, Kasanova King said:

From the social media pics, maybe they are already set up there and the Girl Rock thing is a ruse?  Anyone out in LA know about the "Girl Rock" organization? 

A quick google search says they have done showcases at the Troubadour before, but this particular show is sold out

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

I don't think they're set up there now.

There's another show tomorrow.

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Move it in the night before. Most shows that start at 6 will end at 8...GNR won't go on stage until after 10

a small place like Troubador I am sure does not have the space for all of GNRs equipment, in addition to all of the equipment from the event before, if this club show is going to happen it is going to be at the Whiskey, which is the obvious choice regardless with the tribute band playing that night

5 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

A quick google search says they have done showcases at the Troubadour before, but this particular show is sold out

Of course it is. Lol. Everyone here trying to cover their bases. If I had been smart I would have gotten that one too. Lol. Damn it!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, k12 said:

a small place like Troubador I am sure does not have the space for all of GNRs equipment, in addition to all of the equipment from the event before, if this club show is going to happen it is going to be at the Whiskey, which is the obvious choice regardless with the tribute band playing that night

They both have the same capacity - 500 people.

2 minutes ago, k12 said:

Dude..they wouldn't bring all their shit lol.  They'd either be stripped down accoustic or have gear for this show similar to what your local band would have for a Friday Night gig at the local watering hole.   Places like this have multiple event load ins and outs all the time.

Hell, several years ago Prince played an unannounced late night show at a place about the size of the Troub here in Indy and borrowed equipment from the bands that were already there that night.  These things work out if a band like GnR wants it too, it'll work out just fine.

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Hell, several years ago Prince played an unannounced late night show at a place about the size of the Troub here in Indy and borrowed equipment from the bands that were already there that night.  These things work out if a band like GnR wants it too, it'll work out just fine.

I don't doubt this but at the same time I'd think they'd want their own instruments just for the fact that it's the first time anyone will hear them in decades and they'll be subject to a lot of scrutiny 

Just now, KiernanProud said:

I don't doubt this but at the same time I'd think they'd want their own instruments just for the fact that it's the first time anyone will hear them in decades and they'll be subject to a lot of scrutiny 

Sure, prince had his own guitar and all that..but he borrowed amps and PA and other things from what was there.  Point being we've all seen the pic of Duff and his multiple bass setup right?  He ain't gonna bring all those....he'd probably bring one or two.   Same with the rest.   

1 minute ago, tsinindy said:

Sure, prince had his own guitar and all that..but he borrowed amps and PA and other things from what was there.  Point being we've all seen the pic of Duff and his multiple bass setup right?  He ain't gonna bring all those....he'd probably bring one or two.   Same with the rest.   

Oh well yeah we're totally on the same page there haha. I'm just gonna wait and see Friday 

It'd be so easy to have their gear there. A couple full or half stacks, bass amp and head,  drums, keys off to the side. Some of you are really overestimating what it takes to have a basic set up to play a completely normal rock show. Everything would be miced, guitarist wouldn't have their 6 cabs all lined up at a club. Roadies could load the stuff in early Friday or Thursday, takes like an hour to set up and get ready. No chance GNR goes acoustic first time back.

Edited by Ak1nney

Well, this thread hasn't helped much...I'm just as lost as ever.  I'm still about 50/50 split about whether this is really happening (mostly because of Billboard saying it could,) And if it is happening, I'm still split about 50/50 between the Troubadour and the Whisky.  :facepalm:  As a fan that can't be there either way, I'm paying way too much attention to this....lol.

5 minutes ago, Ak1nney said:

It'd be so easy to have their gear there. A couple full or half stacks, bass amp and head,  drums, keys off to the side. Some of you are really overestimating what it takes to have a basic set up to play a completely normal rock show. Everything would be miced, guitarist wouldn't have their 6 cabs all lined up at a club. Roadies could load the stuff in early Friday or Thursday, takes like an hour to set up and get ready. No chance GNR goes acoustic first time back.

I totally get that, it's just that gig at 6pm throwing me off. Seems so inconvenient lol

39 minutes ago, rft2003 said:

When I called Monday they said to call around noon.  I'm coming in from Vegas with my girlfriend and hanging at the rainbow. With all the chaos that happened with the whisky, if I was a betting man I'd say it's there.  We will know soon here's a picture of me, look out for me at the rainbow. Would be cool to meet.  I think we're going to be happy Friday night !

image.jpeg

31 minutes ago, MichelleRenee said:

Cool!! I don't think I will be down until maybe 4 or so, I have a conference in Pasadena that day, and I am presenting, so I have to do it. I live in the valley so I am going home and changing and then heading over to the bow too. My pic in profile is me, but this is just a regular pic from today. I am tall/blonde. Let me know if you can how early you can get the tickets!! Here's hoping!!

image.jpg

hey guys, i'll be wearing my old dusty favorite if it actually happens and i can get a ticket..  :headbang:

rsz_img_20160330_200830.jpg rsz_img_20160330_200928.jpg

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Ok, I found the Girl Rock website.

http://www.rockcampforgirlsla.org/

It's a rock camp for Girls.  Nothing on their website says anything about having a showcase at the Troubadour this Friday.  The only thing mentioned is a Lady Rock Showcase at the Satellite and it's Sunday, not Friday. 

Alright I think you may be on to something here. Between this show being sold out, yet there being no evidence of it happening, as well as the whole (G)irl (R)ock thing (GNR? lol), this may be the best lead yet. I give up with the detective work lol