Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

At this point, I'd be shocked if a show DIDN'T happen.

Case in point, when the Black Crowes reunited in 2005, they did a few warmup shows as Mr. Crow's Garden, which was their original name. Ironically, the first show was literally 5 minutes away from where I was living at the time. That was a good night!

• Like 1

This is what the Troubadour is showing as the Girl Rock logo:

Girl Rock (school)--- showcase

This is what their social media has as their logo:

Rock Camp 4 Girls LA

Also, the Troubadour is calling them Girl Rock (school) Showcase.  There is no Girl Rock School anywhere in LA to be found.  The only Girl Rock in LA is Girl Rock Camp.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

Rock Camp 4 Girls LA

Also, the Troubadour is calling them Girl Rock (school) Showcase.  There is no Girl Rock School anywhere in LA to be found.  The only Girl Rock in LA is Girl Rock Camp.

Stick figure pigtail girl has me cracking up over here! I hope that my neighbors don't mind! :lol:

Would be cool if they just did 4 or 5 songs - like the first VR gig in the El Ray.

Short and sweet. Blaze  through Its So Easy, Brownstone and a few others in Axl's low register. So the show is as fierce as possible

Edited by LA_0013

3 hours ago, Chuerta86 said:

Has anyone thought that perhaps The Girl Rock show they have shown as (Sold Out) is not actually sold out and that there's no Girl Rock Show at all and it was just a placeholder?:max:

Yes, that's what we've been saying.  Read back a few pages for all the details.

17 hours ago, Martin Riggs said:

Where does Dave say to go for Tickets? I'm 10 minutes away.

yeah like others said, he didn't specify.

i may decide in the next hour just to drive down from San Fran now. would have to call sick tmrw morning, but i work from home on Fridays so that's not bad for the last minute.

i'm betting that tickets will be sold at the Troub's box office (and possibly only there). and in that case, there's a very good chance they'll be limited to 1 per person and require an ID match to enter.

i'm actually hoping they do go on sale tmrw morning (as opposed to Friday morning) because that will give some people enough time to scalp their tickets.

so worst comes to worst, as long as you're in L.A., there would be a decent chance that you could at least buy a scalped ticket with some time to work with over the next 2 days before the show.

Edited by paranoyd androyd
  • Like 1

I saw people mention it could be AFTER the showcase, must have missed that part. I'm heavily considering driving from San Diego at 4am and just park there on Sunset or Santa Monica just in case tickets only go on sale in person. It wouldn't make much sense to sell tickets online to people who may not be able to make it due to scheduling flights and such or scalpers that may just sell them.

This is nuts.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Rock Camp 4 Girls LA

Correct. There is no affiliation between the Girl Rock School and the Rock n Roll Camp for Girls, who have previously played at the troubador... and they themselves confirmed their next event is Sunday.

I did a reverse google image search on the Girl with pigtails and there's no connection to any actual girls school or camp.

The girl with pigtails is just a stock image that's been used for various things.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, The Real McCoy said:

When I saw the Black Crowes' "secret" reunion show in 2005, the only option was to buy tickets at the venue.

Hmm I suppose it could go either way.

Faith No More played a secret show at the troubadour in September. It was announced day of and went on sale online billed as the band "lump" and was will call only.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Stiff Competition said:

Hmm I suppose it could go either way.

Faith No More played a secret show at the troubadour in September. It was announced day of and went on sale online billed as the band "lump" and was will call only.

To be fair, the Crowes played their reunion show at a now defunct venue in Pittston, PA - hardly on the same level as GNR, but the venue did keep the scalping low that way.

3 hours ago, doakes said:

Correct. There is no affiliation between the Girl Rock School and the Rock n Roll Camp for Girls, who have previously played at the troubador... and they themselves confirmed their next event is Sunday.

I did a reverse google image search on the Girl with pigtails and there's no connection to any actual girls school or camp.

The girl with pigtails is just a stock image that's been used for various things.

This is the nail in the coffin, imo.

Great job MYGNR CSI TEAM!!!!

gooooal.gif

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Stiff Competition said:

Most likely it'd be sold online as will call only. 

definitely a possibility too. however, we're talking about such an incredibly SMALL amount of tickets being available to the public.. like maybe only 100 to 200 max(?) of the total 500 capacity.

when i got into the 'secret' show here in San Fran in 1991, it was for a 2,000 capacity theatre and tickets were only sold at the box office (no ticketmaster outlets). and the line stretched about 2 blocks in the morning and it turned into pure chaos when they started handing out wristbands. of course this was right before UYI was released, so the band was at its peak..

I don't know if I should sit patiently by my computer reloading the page waiting for online tickets to go on sale, or just fucking drive down to troubadour and stand on line??

Do I sleep tonight, prepare for the early worm? There's no parking in Beverly Hills!!! 

Do they make Gn'R licensed tents??

I didnt follow the last few pages, but so this Girl Rock School is unknown then? The stock image is odd, and it's supposed to be sold out? Seems highly unlikely something with such goofy ass name is sold out when nobody ever heard of it. This smells like victory

#CSI:GNR

Edited by StrangerInThisTown