Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

13 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Ok, I found the Girl Rock website.

http://www.rockcampforgirlsla.org/

It's a rock camp for Girls.  Nothing on their website says anything about having a showcase at the Troubadour this Friday.  The only thing mentioned is a Lady Rock Showcase at the Satellite and it's Sunday, not Friday. 

http://www.troubadour.com/event/1135029-girl-rock-school-showcase-los-angeles/

This was not just added recently so I dont know how that would work, for the record I have heard nothing about a show by GNR other than the obvious rumors

Edited by gunsguy

Just now, Black Sabbath said:

Say Girl Rock goes on until 9. You then have to factor in everyone leaving, including Girl Rock people, them cleaning everything up and then getting ready for another show and 500 attendees.

Yeah they could do it in 2-3 hours I guess but, is it really likely?

To me it is not likely but this is my opinion.  In fact I am convinced the first time you see these guys on stage is on the 8th.  Could be wrong but that is my best feeling right now

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

Alright I think you may be on to something here. Between this show being sold out, yet there being no evidence of it happening, as well as the whole (G)irl (R)ock thing (GNR? lol), this may be the best lead yet. I give up with the detective work lol 

I agree. This is just as good of a lead as any!!!!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gunsguy said:

This was not just added recently so I dont know how that would work, for the record I have heard nothing about a show by GNR other than the obvious rumors

They've had that up for a while.  And for a Girl Rock camp to have a sold out event at the Troubadour and not even mention it on their own website makes no sense.  And their website is up to date, even mentions a Lady Rock showcase that same weekend.  Get it?  Something is totally up, imo.

7 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Whiskey has been fucking around alot for this stuff.  Either they know something or they are using it for free publicity.   Either option works for them I suppose

Anybody try facebooking hollywood rose and asking them ? Haha

This is what I think:

Emby said she heard from a very reliable source that there would be a G N' R warmup gig and it would be at the Whisky at 6 PM on April 1st.

There is a (G)irl (R)ock showcase at the Troubadour at 6 PM on April 1st. 

Nothing on the (real) Girl Rock website mentions anything about a sold out show at the Troubadour but mentions a Lady Rock Showcase that same weekend NOT at the Troubadour.

So from the whisper down the lane effect, it became the Whisky at 6 PM when it's really the Troubadour at 6 PM and has been all along.

• Like 1

Honestly, I do think somethings brewing. All those twitter pics and what not. The real show is over a week away still. Announcing tour dates and having a press conference would really start with a bang with a sunset show

26 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

Girl Rock is definitely a code for Guns n Roses

and School/ Showcase is obviously a code for Steven Adler and Izzy Stradlin

3 hours ago, IncitingChaos said:

The cool thing about all this is they don't have to say what time they are going on. Clearly if they are girls rock they already have a guest list of who's coming, so all the little details don't matter unless you're invited.

Exactly....for all we know they could have some sort of pre-show dinner/drinks at 6 pm for invited guests.