Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

1 hour ago, paranoyd androyd said:

hey Michelle, old timer here myself. this is shaping up the exact same way when GNR did some 'secret' shows in May of 1991 before UYI was released. San Fran was the 1st of these shows and it had been rumored for a couple weeks prior that it was going to happen. of course this was a long time before the internet, but the local radio shows were all over it. think i remember MTV talking about it too.

anyway, it was finally announced the night before it was going to happen but tickets weren't sold until the next morning and you couldn't start waiting in line until early that morning. the Warfield holds a couple thousand though (there's an upstairs balcony), but the floor is pretty small and was like a mosh pit that night.

Wasn't that show advertised in The Pink section as "An Evening w/ the Doors"?  or am I getting that mixed up?

Just now, Kasanova King said:

Boom...another clue.

I promise this to be accurate.

1 minute ago, KiernanProud said:

Alright can someone call the troubadour and ask for tickets to the girl rock show and see what's up 

Just ask them on Facebook....gain their trust....or even twitter 

Bam !!

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

If it was the Whiskey how would they sell any tickets to the public when the Adler/Hollywood Rose show is sold out?

Its not sold out. They gave everyone a refund and had people email/call them to RSVP for the show. Tickets for that Friday event can only be collected at Box office if people called/email ahead of time.

2 minutes ago, Subtle Signs said:

If it was the Whiskey how would they sell any tickets to the public when the Adler/Hollywood Rose show is sold out?

It's not sold out. They refunded all the people who purchased Hollywood roses tickets but gave us the option to email or call to have our tickets reserved for purchase at the door if we still wanted to go. Which I think is strange because if it's a tribute band it's not like it would sell out. So I think they gave the people who previously bought tickets first shot. Rest of tickets for general public are not available until Friday  at the door. 

2 minutes ago, rft2003 said:

It's not sold out. They refunded all the people who purchased Hollywood roses tickets but gave us the option to email or call to have our tickets reserved for purchase at the door if we still wanted to go. Which I think is strange because if it's a tribute band it's not like it would sell out. So I think they gave the people who previously bought tickets first shot. Rest of tickets for general public are not available until Friday  at the door. 

No I think they did it because everyone assumed it was GNR and didn't confirm that it wasn't until after tickets were bought. Refunded everyone due to backlash, and by getting people to call in for tickets they're liable for understanding that it isn't GNR 

edit: that might've been what you were trying to say and I misunderstood lol

Edited by KiernanProud

Another clue.....

Girl's Rock camp Facebook has their last event as March 20th and states, " Thank you to everyone at ‪#‎grrrlsonfilmu‬ for a great event! We hope to see you all this summer!"

https://www.facebook.com/rockcampforgirlsla/

Now, logic would dictate if they had a sold out event at the Troubadour 11 days later, they would say something along the lines of "See you at the Showcase at the Troubadour on April 1st"  No?

Instead, not one single mention of a "Sold Out" show at one of LA's most legendary rock clubs, anywhere on their Facebook page. 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, flickn said:

Check out diamond dave on twitter and facebook 5 minutes ago

There will be a show friday tickets on sale tomorrow morning 

https://m.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10153492547462322

That looks like a set up for April Fools to me. If it was secret what reason would he have to post it, other than it being an April Fools joke? You don't post "secret show", because...it's not secret then.

3 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

That looks like a set up for April Fools to me. If it was secret what reason would he have to post it, other than it being an April Fools joke? You don't post "secret show", because...it's not secret then.

Problem with that is he states that tickets will go on sale tomorrow morning, meaning he would be a day early.

Edited by Kasanova King