Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

4 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Omg. I went to bed at page 7 and now we're ate page 14 of this investigation. Good job, guys hahaha

Ok, so remember how I said before I wasn't supposed to give out other details? Fuck it. The first time I've heard about this warm up gig it was supposed to be at The Whisky. When I asked when it was supposed to take place since The Whisky was booked for all dates previous to Vegas. My guy then told me one of the bands didn't actually exist and it was a hoax just holding the date for GnR.

Despite my information being about The Whisky, it adds up with what you guys picked up about this Girl Rock Showcase.

Were you curious enough to check the bands that were listed as supposed to play at the Whisky? I assume they took that band off the bill by now

7 minutes ago, emybdc said:

Omg. I went to bed at page 7 and now we're ate page 14 of this investigation. Good job, guys hahaha

Ok, so remember how I said before I wasn't supposed to give out other details? Fuck it. The first time I've heard about this warm up gig it was supposed to be at The Whisky. When I asked when it was supposed to take place since The Whisky was booked for all dates previous to Vegas. My guy then told me one of the bands didn't actually exist and it was a hoax just holding the date for GnR.

Despite my information being about The Whisky, it adds up with what you guys picked up about this Girl Rock Showcase.

Man~ I just love All these mystery 

Edited by SerenityScorp

All the forum CSI's are looking into why it IS GNR, anyone gonna try the other way to prove why it is NOT GNR?

Seen this many times in the past, heck once we had people going to a place that turned out not to be GNR at all, that night this forum was packed

• Like 1

Just now, StrangerInThisTown said:

Were you curious enough to check the bands that were listed as supposed to play at the Whisky? I assume they took that band off the bill by now

I did. The thing is the agenda at The Whisky was kinda tricky because there is always more than one band playing so I couldn't figure out anything. But it makes sense if this is happening at The Troubadour, specially with how suspicious this Girl Rock Showcase seems. Again, besides no one finding out anything about them (?), there's no event on The Troubadour facebook page for that shows. It's the ONLY show without an event.

5 minutes ago, gunsguy said:

All the forum CSI's are looking into why it IS GNR, anyone gonna try the other way to prove why it is NOT GNR?

Seen this many times in the past, heck once we had people going to a place that turned out not to be GNR at all, that night this forum was packed

There is just too much evidence that suggest it is GNR that there's no point in trying to prove why it should not be them. People actually looked up this Girl Rock School thing and it simply doesnt exist anywhere near LA area, that alone is a BIG give away. This whole GRS thing (sold out - lol) reeks of shit

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

29 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I agree with you to be honest and I gotta add something that may offend but it isn't a shot at you directly or anything:

When the subject has come up about pics & video from Vegas, many have been pretty selfish about it. I've seen tons of posts from Vegas attendees with a "too bad so sad" attitude. Stuff like "I'M GONNA KEEP MY PHONE IN MY POCKET AND ENJOY THE SHOW!". That's all fine and good, but it's funny to me that so many people are now expecting anyone who might be able to attend the secret show to do the same for them. 

Not trying to start shit, but I just wanted to mention it. It just bums me out to see people pretty much tell others no about pics & video of one show, then turn around and basically demand it from others because it's a show they can't attend.

I do agree with that, and for what its worth I sort of agree with @Asia.

I guess at least I'm consistent. I want Vegas to be first, but I'm also fine if they do a small club show beforehand. In a perfect world, it's not what I'd prefer, but it also won't ruin my enjoyment of Vegas. Then as for the phone thing, yes I am one of those people that has said I don't plan to pull out my phone. But then if there was a club show, I would say the exact same thing to those people. Enjoy the show! Don't worry about me who couldn't be there that wants to see something. Granted I'm not planning to use my phone in Vegas mainly cause I know others will, and the club show would be more exclusive so I'd probably try to use it if I could for others if I was there. But again, first and foremost everyone should just enjoy the shows. Don't be bitchy in one thread then demanding in another.

Not that I thought Russ was calling anyone out in particular lol. Just thought I'd mention. I actually think there's been remarkably LITTLE "too bad so sad" attitude, as it seems everyone is just trying to help everyone get in!

8 minutes ago, emybdc said:

I did. The thing is the agenda at The Whisky was kinda tricky because there is always more than one band playing so I couldn't figure out anything. But it makes sense if this is happening at The Troubadour, specially with how suspicious this Girl Rock Showcase seems. Again, besides no one finding out anything about them (?), there's no event on The Troubadour facebook page for that shows. It's the ONLY show without an event.

Good find!

https://www.facebook.com/theTroub/events

Look at that page guys. No eventpage for GRS on April 1st, even though it's sold out. The thick is plottening further...

5 minutes ago, gunsfanoldie said:

Bravo to those that found this out. Doubt its a concern, but I wonder how mad they get if they find out we already found out so much?

Reminds me of the Friends episode where "they don't know we know they know!"

I love that episode! Poor Joey lol

I think they wouldn't like it at all but hey, we don't know anything for sure. It's all speculation - but we're pretty good at it. But then again, props to them for keeping this a secret until now. If its happening, we're only finding out about this one day before. With all the social media there is today it's almost unbelievable we don't know more. And I gotta say, if there is going to be a warm up gig, I love how they're doing it. This mystery keeps us on our feet and it couldn't be better. An unannounced gig where it all began, 30 years later. It's gonna be epic.

Edited by emybdc
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, slash97 said:

Well, if the info of this Diamond Dave dude is correct, we should know if this is happening in a few hours when tickets supposedly go on sale. This time, "soon" is literally the word.

Didn't think about that. Yeah, hopefully some info comes out very early today.

Just now, challenger70rt said:

You guys realize that Alt nation, guitar gutter-slut quarterly, Loudwire, Blabbermouth etc are typing FURIOUSLY right now right? Like for realz.

I sincerely hope at least one of the articles ends with "....details are sketchy but at least one very solid source confirms that Joey from 'Friends' will be in attendance"

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RussTCB said:

I sincerely hope at least one of the articles ends with "....details are sketchy but at least one very solid source confirms that Joey from 'Friends' will be in attendance"

You should totally write for AltNation.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

If this gets too big they might cancel the gig. Those trashsites should stay away for once and just let it be, for the sake of everyone

Yeah, I've thought about this too.

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/rumor-guns-n-roses-to-play-intimate-los-angeles-club-show-this-friday/

http://www.alternativenation.net/rumored-venues-for-tomorrow-guns-n-roses-surprise-show/

Yeah I agree, it would be a shame if something as exciting and monumental as a secret show gets canceled because these sites want some quick, easy site traffic. I really hope they lay low the next couple days or keep their posts very speculative/vague at best.

3 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

Maybe the Girl Rock show is a private event and that's why they aren't advertising it or selling tickets.

Curious as to how long it's actually been on the site.

I was thinking this. Maybe it's a parents only thing, considering its advertisers as a show put on by kids