Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

1 hour ago, emybdc said:

Yeah, I've thought about this too.

Same here that was my thought when Hollywood Roses got announced at the Whisky. It felt like with all the attention surrounding it the band might've canceled leaving the Whisky to draft in a last minute act to cover it  

Just to confirm the "Rock N' Roll Camp for Girls LA" and "Girl Rock (School)" isn't the same thing:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150707004655/http://www.troubadour.com/calendar/

On July 11, 2015 they were scheduled as "Rock N' Roll Camp for Girls LA 2015 Showcase".

We have found nothing on the "Girl Rock (School)" thing so far, right? It could be made up, as many are starting to think.

• Like 2

It's worth noting that on the event page for "Girl Rock (School)" there's a note saying: "Please contact instructors to purchase tickets."

It could validate this thing as some sort of music school for girls, having a showcase at The Troubadour. If not, they made sure little details like this were in place to throw people off thinking it might be GNR.

Edited by Spirit

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

It's worth noting that on the event page for "Girl Rock (School)" there's a note saying: "Please contact instructors to purchase tickets."

This is exactly what I was thinking all along. Maybe Girl Rock is real and they knew a bunch of GNR fans would try to come to their show lol

10 minutes ago, Spirit said:

Just to confirm the "Rock N' Roll Camp for Girls LA" and "Girl Rock (School)" isn't the same thing:

https://web.archive.org/web/20150707004655/http://www.troubadour.com/calendar/

On July 11, 2015 they were scheduled as "Rock N' Roll Camp for Girls LA 2015 Showcase".

We have found nothing on the "Girl Rock (School)" thing so far, right? It could be made up, as many are starting to think.

Nope. Nothing in the LA area under that name.  There even was a reverse lookup done on the logo...bogus as well.

Not to mention there is no way two non profit groups would have basically the same name and same concept in the same city...Girl Rock. This is a niche group...maybe one tops per major city.

Edited by Kasanova King

21 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

being a fan of this band never was so exciting! not good for our hearts and minds tho... and the desire to check this forum almost 24/7 

How long have you been a fan? Not talking shit, just curious.

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Nope. Nothing in the LA area under that name.  There even was a reverse lookup done on the logo...bogus as well.

Not to mention there is no way two non profit groups would have basically the same name and same concept in the same city...Girl Rock. This is a niche group...maybe one tops per major city.

Are you talking about the logo on the troubadour website because I just did a reverse image search and there's literally a sea of people using the same picture. I think it's literally just clip are for when someone searches "guitar" hahaha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

Not to mention there is no way two non profit groups would have basically the same name and same concept in the same city.  This is a niche group...maybe one tops per major city.

It could be some very local thing, from a school nearby or something. They could have booked The Troubadour to have a show for parents, teachers etc.

They might not even have a web presence.

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

It could be some very local thing, from a school nearby or something. They could have booked The Troubadour to have a show for parents, teachers etc.

They might not even have a web presence.

So a event for a group that has zero media presence is aold out ?

Could we please keep everything regarding the show tomorrow in one thread? Dont post spoilers about things that happened at the show in a new thread.

I am not sure if i wanna see and knnow what happened or if i wait til vegas. Its like sophie's choice.

I'm glad people we're able to find out approximately when the Troubadour first publicized April 1st Girl Rock School on the Web Archives-- I tried that last night but couldn't get it to work for whatever reason.

The fact the April 1st Girl Rock School Showcase was a recent addition to the Troub's calendar, within the time frame of Steven's cancelled gig-- Just makes too much sense to me.

After last night's CSI, I'm fairly convinced that the the Girl Rock thing is bullshit, and a cover for the secret show.

Money's in the bank... Car keys near... Lets get some NEWS!!!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Spirit said:

It could validate this thing as some sort of music school for girls, having a showcase at The Troubadour. If not, they made sure little details like this were in place to throw people off thinking it might be GNR.

Nah, those tickets are to their event this weekend.  They gave us the same info when we Tweeted them last night.

1 minute ago, Kasanova King said:

Nah, those tickets are to their event this weekend.  They gave us the same info when we Tweeted them last night.

But this quote is from the Troubadour website. It has nothing to do with the Ladies Rock Camp.