Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

3 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I think there is a small possibilty that GN'R may have some sort of 'contingency' plan if they really wanted this to be a surprise....possibly have a backup location in case the beans spilled on their primary location.  That I could see happening. 

I believe this completely. I think both places (or maybe even throw the Roxy in the mix) are on hold for this. And whatever happens will happen. I had a bit of info which seemed odd when I heard it a week ago, and didn't share because no one wants a good source to dry up, but later when I am on a break and not in the classroom I will share. Why I think it is the whisky or troub but they don't have it locked yet.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Someone mentioned another club in the area, Italian sounding name I think, Slash played it fairly recently. Well whatever it was called I looked it up and it wasn't booked 4/1 either.

That's Paladino's in the Valley you speak of

---

I could see the contingency plan to have another venue... but that place seems like a longshot.

Edited by doakes

2 minutes ago, doakes said:

That's Paladino's in the Valley you speak of

---

I could see the contingency plan to have another venue... but that place seems like a longshot.

That's the one!

Well I know nothing about it, but I suppose if even someone from the other side of the world can name the whiskey, roxy, rainbow, troubadour - those are going to be the more likely places :lol:

3 minutes ago, MrSoftie said:

Someone mentioned another club in the area, Italian sounding name I think, Slash played it fairly recently. Well whatever it was called I looked it up and it wasn't booked 4/1 either.

That is palladinos and it is in the valley. While a total wildcard, also not impossible. 

8 minutes ago, billsguy said:

Girl Rock School Showcase =Guns n Roses Secret Show. Mind blown. Chinese democracy starts now! 

That's it, I am almost positive!

3 minutes ago, GNRmello77 said:

i think for about 8 or 9 years now 

Don't sweat it. Some people view your time in as a badge of honor and think if they've been listening for longer they know more or their opinion carries more weight.

"My dad can beat up your dad" type thing.

27 minutes ago, billsguy said:

Girl Rock School Showcase =Guns n Roses Secret Show. Mind blown. Chinese democracy starts now! 

I like that.  Nice find!  I think it's solid enough to add to the op...

Guns N Roses Secret Show

It's perfect...and pretty ingenious of whoever thought of all of this up!

Edited by Kasanova King

1 minute ago, Sprite said:

Don't sweat it. Some people view your time in as a badge of honor and think if they've been listening for longer they know more or their opinion carries more weight.

"My dad can beat up your dad" type thing.

i guess so, tho i can't help i was born when they finished their UYI tour :P still know my fair share about this band! you see once it becomes a passion you want to know everything about it ha!

Remember, Axl is a fan of codes...he put a Zodiac symbol on the Spaghetti incident cover...and we at MyGNR deciphered it like 7-8 years ago.

So the Girl Rock School Showcase meaning Guns N' Roses Secret Show is right up Axl's alley. 

I'm totally on board with this being 100% intentional. 

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Remember, Axl is a fan of codes...he put a Zodiac symbol on the Spaghetti incident cover...and we at MyGNR deciphered it like 7-8 years ago.

So the Girl Rock School Showcase meaning Guns N' Roses Secret Show is right up Axl's alley. 

I'm totally on board with this being 100% intentional. 

Sounds good to me. Just have to see how it goes.