Guns N' Roses PLAY TROUBADOUR LOS ANGELES, FRIDAY APRIL 1, 2016: Axl, Slash & Duff Reunited

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I sincerely hope this is GNR, I also think the possibility is absolutely there.

I'm just not willing to be 100% sure of it yet.

As for the instructors selling tickets. The case might be that The Troubadour marked the show as "sold out" from the get-go, giving all tickets to the instructors to sell internally at the school. They might not have sold all those tickets though.

The only reason I'm not 100% is because now that it's known, GN' R may change the location or cancel it all together.  

Just now, emybdc said:

This is what gets me: no way a school who would put together a show at the Troubadour wouldn't promote this - not even for selling tickets but just so they could gain notoriety, media exposure, that's always something positive. If they're organized enough to put together something like this, how can we not find anything about them on the web.

Not if they're hiding it from the parents so they don't find out they haven't been studying.

6 minutes ago, k12 said:

this Girl School Rock thing was probably getting prepared to play in front of an empty venue due to lack of an interest, now there are going to be about 500 30-40 something year old men there to cheer them on

It would be sooo F'n awesome if it really was just like a bunch of 12 year old girls playing a recital, and 20,000 rowdy ass GnR fans show up outside. People drunk as fuck, throwing up in the gutter, 80's hair and clothes everywhere... really wish I wasn't 3000 miles away right now.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, emybdc said:

This is what gets me: no way a school who would put together a show at the Troubadour wouldn't promote this - not even for selling tickets but just so they could gain notoriety, media exposure, that's always something positive. If they're organized enough to put together something like this, how can we not find anything about them on the web.

Exactly.  And there aren't going to be two schools/camps with the same exact name other than one being a school and the other being a camp.  There isn't enough interest in Girl Rock for it to support two different groups, in the same town, selling out a world famous venues.  Not a chance.  Zero.

Edited by Kasanova King

Just now, MichelleRenee said:

Ok, if nothing else is heard today, I might go down and take a look. No harm. Right?!

You should, as you said before, pretend that you work for the band and you just came in to check if everything is ok. 

5 minutes ago, MichelleRenee said:

Ok, if nothing else is heard today, I might go down and take a look. No harm. Right?!

Totally!! Might do the same today-- just waiting on the Noon/ 4 o clock post

6 minutes ago, Sprite said:

Not if they're hiding it from the parents so they don't find out they haven't been studying.

:lol:

Who do you think would buy tickets to see 9- 16 year old girls playing rock music?

Parents maybe?

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, dally said:

Haha, this secret gig rumor  reminds me about the rumored GNR gig back in the darkdays (03-06)  in a bar somwhere in the middle of nowhere... Anybody remember that? If im not mistaken the bar even advertised as a GNR show??

Hahaha yes!  I believe it was in Athens Georgia.  The whole original band was going to reunite.  Hilarious

5 minutes ago, WAR41 said:

Hahaha yes!  I believe it was in Athens Georgia.  The whole original band was going to reunite.  Hilarious

Athens is amazing-- That would've ruled lol!

---

GnR sent out some emails this morning advertising the new Nightrain. What do you think the odds are there's Nightrain access/ pre-sale for the show?

I think there is a small possibilty that GN'R may have some sort of 'contingency' plan if they really wanted this to be a surprise....possibly have a backup location in case the beans spilled on their primary location.  That I could see happening. 

20 minutes ago, challenger70rt said:

It would be sooo F'n awesome if it really was just like a bunch of 12 year old girls playing a recital, and 20,000 rowdy ass GnR fans show up outside. People drunk as fuck, throwing up in the gutter, 80's hair and clothes everywhere... really wish I wasn't 3000 miles away right now.

lucky girls :P

3 minutes ago, rft2003 said:

image.pngI

i hope everyone realizes this was the final piece to the puzzle. First we get slash's equipment photo, then duffs bass gear, then we get Adlers drumsticks. Now Axls whistle. Again, good luck to everyone tomorrow. You're gonna need it....

Edited by HollyWoodRose84

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

I think there is a small possibilty that GN'R may have some sort of 'contingency' plan if they really wanted this to be a surprise....possibly have a backup location in case the beans spilled on their primary location.  That I could see happening. 

Someone mentioned another club in the area, Italian sounding name I think, Slash played it fairly recently. Well whatever it was called I looked it up and it wasn't booked 4/1 either.