THE CULT TO OPEN FOR GNR OUTSIDE USA

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No, I dont see the irony in my request. GN'R popularity cant be compared to The Cult's and I dont see why they have to stick to the 80's. We're not in the 80's.

Flawed logic.

I never said they couldn't have gotten a younger band just that The Cult is a perfect pairing for them as an opener....There music mesh's as it it straight ahead RnR and they have a history together...no flaw in my logic just as there is nothing wrong with you wishing for a younger band......

For the prices they are charging the tickets, they should get Madonna as the opener :max:

If I'm gonna spend thousands of dollars on a show like that (given that you're flying from somewhere else in the planet that is not the US), I expect they give value to my ticket and that includes the opening act.

1 hour ago, CheapJon said:

Frank has responded to the drum stick pic?

A simple yes or no will do folks. 

Also. There's great old bands and there's great new bands. Guess what, There's also loads of fucking shitty old bands, and loads of fucking shitty new bands. "wah-wah, my favorite bands are better than yours wah-wah".

The Cult opened for GNR in Milton Keynes,UK, in 93. They were REALLY good,even if you don't class yourself as a Cult fan(i didn't) they really sounded good.

They also had Soul Asylum and Blind Melon, a great concert from the Skin n Bones leg!:headbang:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CheapJon said:

A simple yes or no will do folks. 

Also. There's great old bands and there's great new bands. Guess what, There's also loads of fucking shitty old bands, and loads of fucking shitty new bands. "wah-wah, my favorite bands are better than yours wah-wah".

He shared AGAIN the same picture of his drums he had shared on Instagram days ago.

The picture shows drums and Slash pick on the floor, to the left.

19 minutes ago, killuridols said:

He shared AGAIN the same picture of his drums he had shared on Instagram days ago.

The picture shows drums and Slash pick on the floor, to the left.

Yeah I've seen that, but has he made any replies since then about him still using Vater sticks?

3 hours ago, axlslash said:

Matt hasn't been the Cult's drummer for decades. Not an FU at all. The Cult will be their current lineup.

Even back in the day he was hardly the drummer.. He joined after Sonic Temple was recorded so I think he was just the touring drummer for that album and may have been on Ceremony too.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I don't think so he would be Cults Drummer, he left that band ages ago. 

its a big FU that he is not involved, He has played on 2 full records and then playing with Slash and Duff for so many years and so many albums. Honestly he contributed so much more than Frank to GNR.

I really don't get how Slash and Duff agreed to play with Frank and not Matt. 

The smoke in the screens is starting to clear (I think).

Sorum has said several times that he wouldn't do a reunion without Adler. And Adler hasn't said a word. Duff was the logical connection between GNR and Alice In Chains. Matt Sorum is the logical connection between GNR and the Cult (unless it was a Slash/Atsbury connection, as they collaborated on "Ghost"). But yeah, I don't see Duff and Slash being in a GNR/Cult show without Matt's approval, so something's got to be up.  I could see Matt being a guest for BOTH bands at these shows.

I'm really starting to think Frank and Richard are insurance cards/smokescreens at this point.

BUT this is GNR land.  Anything goes. I could be way off.