Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

1 hour ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

"No, I wouldn't.  I've been in bands with female artists, and there can be so many problems.  The band should bond as a unit, but inevitably someone in the band starts going out with the girl, and someone else is jealous.  The band starts to split apart.  Examples are Fleetwood Mac and No Doubt.  It makes everything more cohesive if the band is all guys."

Oddly enough, both of those bands made their best/most popular/best selling albums due to those relationships falling apart.

Maybe one of the guys should sleep with Melissa.

3 hours ago, FuddMckagan said:

Oddly enough, both of those bands made their best/most popular/best selling albums due to those relationships falling apart.

Maybe one of the guys should sleep with Melissa.

Brain was a member and he sleeps with her:shrugs: Does that count?

Btw Slash's excuse was laughable too. If he can do shows with Fergie or Beth Hart then he could go on with a girl singer.

5 hours ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

"No, I wouldn't.  I've been in bands with female artists, and there can be so many problems.  The band should bond as a unit, but inevitably someone in the band starts going out with the girl, and someone else is jealous.  The band starts to split apart.  Examples are Fleetwood Mac and No Doubt.  It makes everything more cohesive if the band is all guys."

Unless you're Boy George and Jon Moss. :lol::P

I love Fleetwood Mac but it certainly seemed to get complicated. I think he's right but it's far from the only thing that splits bands up as GNR is testament to.

• Like 1

Melissa, from the little I've seen of her, is like the keyboard player in Aerosmith or the extra guy in the Foo Fighters to me; just the person that fills in extra stuff like, gets an intro but isn't actually part of the band. I really don't think it's the end of days (no pun intended) like others are making out.

9 hours ago, killuridols said:

We all are. When GNR became famous they were THE band kids would listen to. They were dangerous, raw, drug addicts, abused and abusers, full of rage and frustration inside. They were not the "proper" idols for a 13 years old boy/girl. Yet, most of their fans were little kids like me, even 9-10 years old kids, that was insane!

And now they are pampered, mostly drug free, married or divorced, come of age and care free. The most dangerous thing about Guns right now are their prostate checkups, and Melissa has no problem there. ;) 

Edited by Bumblefeet
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, RussTCB said:

Melissa, from the little I've seen of her, is like the keyboard player in Aerosmith or the extra guy in the Foo Fighters to me; just the person that fills in extra stuff like, gets an intro but isn't actually part of the band. I really don't think it's the end of days (no pun intended) like others are making out.

no.. that is Dizzy 

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, tremolo said:

GNR fans aren't devils, they're just a bunch of adults who behave like spoiled brats who always find a reason to bitch and refuse to grow up and move on :lol:

And a generalization is that: a generalization. Jesus Christ... that's the problem with women, they can't take a joke, everything about them is serious business, can't laugh at themselves (again, hint, hint, half-true, half-joke, try to take it easy, don't let your blood boil).

Those GNR songs... I don't find a bunch of 50-year-olds singing It's so Easy dangerous or edgy. I just find they're good rock songs that sound good. Yeah, a buch of 20something-year-olds singing about drinking and doing drugs and banging women had that edge. Nowadays it's different, it feels more like watching that Celebration Led Zep concert and seeing Jimmy Page make "hot and sexy" faces while playing the guitar... kinda sad.

In the end some people rather have the old band back, playing the same old songs, with the same old spirit. I'd like it better if they moved on and made new material that is a clear representation of who they are today instead of who they used to be. And you know? This wouldn't happen is they had more than 47-48 songs pre-CD. Their catalogue is so reduced that they have to resort to play the same old songs over and over, concert after concert, year after year, tour after tour. It's been done so many times it's loosing it's brilliance. That's why I'm more excited about these guys making new music or re-recording and releasing what was left from CD. GNR has been a nostalgia act for so long that it has become kinda sad. If they keep on doing the same it won't be sad anymore, it will be pathetic.

Ohmygod, ok, so now it was a "joke"... :facepalm:

Yeah yeah yeah, typical of men to offend you then try to make it look like it was a joke.... or what's the other version they use? ah, yeah, they try to make you look like a crazy bitch. "Dude, you're crazy, I never said that :crazy:"... Typical, typical men, YOU ARE ALL THE SAME. That's the problem with men, see? They are always in denial, they are cowards, they never want to talk problems. Once you confront them they try to cover it with a "oh but it was a joke!" kind of bullshit.

SO TYPICAL.

:rolleyes:

24 minutes ago, sonofnazareth said:

I'm having second thoughts about this. Melissa Reese should not be in the band at all..this is not Nine Inch Nails. 

She really shouldn't.. She looks so out of place and there is no need for her to be experimenting with sounds over Guns N' Roses classics..

There was a ton of debate as to what would be accepted as a Guns N' Roses reunion.. Even the most die hard purists reluctantly agreed (for the most part) that Axl/Slash/Duff/Fortus/Frank/Dizzy wouldn't be ideal at all but could work.. This just throws that out the window for a lot of people.

Time will tell, but it doesn't look like they sold many nightrain or citi card presale tix yet.. And there is talk of adding second shows? Obviously that isn't on Boy George as most people probably don't even know of her yet.. That from what I have been hearing is more on the price of tickets for a Guns N' Roses LITE. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, tremolo said:

No. It's just up to you to take things seriously or just laugh about it. Generalizations are necessary, as it is impossible to analyze every group doing it case-by-case. Can we at least admit that there's some truth to all stereotypes? Not as an exact representation of every single individual in a certain group, but as characteristics shared by a big part of that group? It's like saying men are all perv pigs... Yeah! We are! We will stick our dick in anything that's human and has tits (or not lol). It's not necessarily something to be proud of, it's just a fact. I'm sure there are some that are not, but who in their sound judgement would say that there is no truth to that generalization?

You clearly can't laugh at yourself, cause you are a woman. Women need to feel victimized in order to have something to complain about and make their day complete :lol:

See? That is a generalization. You can either feel insulted, victimized, cry "sexism!", or just laugh and say "well, it's not my case*, but yeah, a lot of women like to bitch just for the sake of doing it."

* of course it's not your case, no women would ever accept that they are less than perfect individuals**

** same generalization rule applies here.

Oh, and WELCOME MELISSA! lol

I'm afraid you are missing a big fat 9" sausage for me to want you.

If you happen to have one, send me a PM with your ICQ number or IRC channel.

I said this before... you were talking to me, an individual, you were not in front of 200 people giving a speech about how women in general are. You said "you are like those typical women who do this, this and that."
Well, I'm not one of those. I never said there aren't women like that. Of course there are. And many others are not like that. But you put me there because you thought I am like that since I said I don't want Melissa in the band, but you didn't read any of the reasons I have for it.

You accussed me of being jealous of her... I don't see the comical side of it.... Well, yes, its funny because Melissa doesn't have anything I want. You assumed she has something I want to have and can't have. I don't know how I'm supposed to react to that. Laughing? ok, I laugh at it :lol:......... Done. It's still unfunny and ignorant from your part. You don't know me and it doesn't matter how much you want to make me invisible, I do exist. Too bad these computers don't show there's a person behind a keyboard. If you could see me, you wouldn't have the balls to say that in my face. To paraphrase you, I could bet my both hands you wouldn't.

LOL, ok, you're gay? That's fine! You know here I could start making terrible assumptions and generalizations on how gay men hate women and attack them the same way you did with me, but nah... I'm bigger than that ;)
Peace, bro'!

Just now, alfierose said:

Lets knock this argument on the head. You've made your point over and over @killuridols perhaps you should just stay out of this thread now if the subject bothers you so much.

I did, like 4 hours ago. That was my last response to him and I said peace, brother. It's all fine with me. :)

While I don´t really think that Melissa`s part is necessary as a second keyboard player, she also does not disturb me. She is nice to look at and actually her backing vocals are pretty good in some songs and in general a big improvement to Pitman. In the UYI tours they had a whole girlband on stage....

"The most dangerous band in the world" was a long time ago, some people really to live in the past (perhaps those will be the first ones to complain if a show starts late...). We now have members with a master in business, a pacemaker, a good 20 pounds too much and advertisement deals with Taco Bell......  oh not to forget with seating in GA for aged fans (which still highly amuses me as European ;) )

I look forward seeing them again on stage together, listen to the music I love, have a great time aged and some beers....

Edited by God of Thunder

It doesn't bother me at all that they're having Melissa in the band.
She's already sounding better than Pitman and in the clips I've seen of her online it seems like she can play her instrument well!

That being said I think that the whole idea of having a second keyboard player is unnecessary but then there's probably a reason to why they continued with two keys after Pitman got the sack....
But hey welcome aboard the nightrain Melissa, you're in for a ride this summer! :)