Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

20 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

None of them were official members or on stage the whole show. It was also only one year of the tour when the shows were starting to get bloated anyway.. It was ten times better when they stripped it back down in 1993 for the Skin N' Bones tour.. Dizzy was more than capable of filling out any sound that what needed lol.

She is far more the equivalent of Pittman than anyone else.. 

When you saw a UYI show with all those people onstage, did anyone care if they were "official" or how long they were going to be in the band? Or did one just register that there were six other musicians onstage that one occasionally noticed?

She's obviously replaced Pitman at least for now, and we all get it, you don't want her there. I'm not actually convinced they need a second keyboardist anymore either, irrespective of their genitalia. But point being that this IS scaled down from what they've gone out with before. Seven onstage right now vs. eight during NuGNR and 12 onstage at the zenith (or nadir, depending on one's perspective) of UYI.

Edited by stella

Never saw nuguns,never wanted to.I agree with Tom ass on this I just don't see the need for keyboards neither male or female.

My least favourite part of the live performances is when the piano arrives,arghh November rain! The only good thing about that song is Slash's solo.

Im sure Melissa is very talented but synths are the last thing I wanna hear at a rock concert.

'91 were the best gigs,in my humble opinion......

11 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

Never saw nuguns,never wanted to.I agree with Tom ass on this I just don't see the need for keyboards neither male or female.

My least favourite part of the live performances is when the piano arrives,arghh November rain! The only good thing about that song is Slash's solo.

Im sure Melissa is very talented but synths are the last thing I wanna hear at a rock concert.

'91 were the best gigs,in my humble opinion......

Yup.. And having Dizzy is a happy medium for both sides and more than capable. Second Synth.. Just too much.. Corny and not needed.. 

• Like 1

To be fair, if you guys never saw nuGuns, I think you should wait until after the shows to say you're disappointed. I saw them 7 times between 2010-2014 and literally the only time pitman was noticed was the symphonies on Nov Rain and when he got too drunk and started wobbling. The second keyboard isn't a big deal - if anything, be happy that pitman's backing vocals have been replaced by someone who doesn't sound like Myles Kennedy with the flu :lol:

6 minutes ago, Gordon Comstock said:

To be fair, if you guys never saw nuGuns, I think you should wait until after the shows to say you're disappointed. I saw them 7 times between 2010-2014 and literally the only time pitman was noticed was the symphonies on Nov Rain and when he got too drunk and started wobbling. The second keyboard isn't a big deal - if anything, be happy that pitman's backing vocals have been replaced by someone who doesn't sound like Myles Kennedy with the flu :lol:

I actually did see NuGuns but it was back in 2002.. Axl sounded was great but I wasn't thrilled with the band all together that show. I think due to Buckethead's Nunchuck solo, Robin Finck's performance and the whole circus freakshow vibe. I don't remember Pittman. Unless that was him making noise during the NunChuck solo and Toy hand out. I do hope you are right and we can't hear her. There are probably 10 reasons I could list why I think her being there is a joke but the #1 is the chance of ruining songs.. Like I don't want to hear her at all on any Appetite, Lies or any other song there was no synth on. I have watched some of the NuGuns videos on TV since this whole thing started and I can certainly hear Pittman in those. I am pretty sure I can hear her over layering over the power chords of It's So Easy's verses. Cringe worthy.

Here's no hoping Slash sweats all over key instrument and shorts it out!!  

33 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

I actually did see NuGuns but it was back in 2002.. Axl sounded was great but I wasn't thrilled with the band all together that show. I think due to Buckethead's Nunchuck solo, Robin Finck's performance and the whole circus freakshow vibe. I don't remember Pittman. Unless that was him making noise during the NunChuck solo and Toy hand out. I do hope you are right and we can't hear her. There are probably 10 reasons I could list why I think her being there is a joke but the #1 is the chance of ruining songs.. Like I don't want to hear her at all on any Appetite, Lies or any other song there was no synth on. I have watched some of the NuGuns videos on TV since this whole thing started and I can certainly hear Pittman in those. I am pretty sure I can hear her over layering over the power chords of It's So Easy's verses. Cringe worthy.

Here's no hoping Slash sweats all over key instrument and shorts it out!!  

Yea, I mean if you watch the broadcasts like London 2012 where everything is mixed differently you can hear Pitman, but at the shows he was low in the mix. Based solely on what I've heard from Melissa with Buckethead and Brain I'm kind of looking forward to seeing how she fits with Guns.

Spoiler

I think it's an interesting line up. If you want to see it as s reunion you can. If you want to see it as new Guns you can. To me it's just another line up of GNR. 

I think with Pitman it might be too new Guns, like with Matt it's almost VR. 

Combo Guns is up and running. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wasted said:

I think with Pitman it might be too new Guns, like with Matt it's almost VR. 

Combo Guns is up and running. 

Axl/Fortus/Frank/Dizzy/Second useless Synth player.  Definately too NuGuns for me Pittman or not. Him and her are interchangeable.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Axl/Fortus/Frank/Dizzy/Second useless Synth player.  Definately too NuGuns for me Pittman or not. Him and her are interchangeable.

But she isn't NuGuns, she's ComboGuns. 

But you can see it how you want. If I were you I'd see at as the reunion of Axl, Slash and Duff and hope that Izzy and Steven come back. 

I think on a bigger stage you aren't even going to notice her. 

Got to feel for Fortus stuck in the cupboard stage left. At the Troub The Big Three were front and central, the rest were virtually off stage. Dizzy was playing bongos backstage! 

Yeah, we've got a brand new era on our hands, can't call it NuGuns anymore. ComboGuns is a good candidate.

I'm considering crreating and selling ComboGuns Side Blinders: for when you only want to look at the middle three! $20 a pop in the parking lot.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, wasted said:

But she isn't NuGuns, she's ComboGuns. 

But you can see it how you want. If I were you I'd see at as the reunion of Axl, Slash and Duff and hope that Izzy and Steven come back. 

I think on a bigger stage you aren't even going to notice her. 

Got to feel for Fortus stuck in the cupboard stage left. At the Troub The Big Three were front and central, the rest were virtually off stage. Dizzy was playing bongos backstage! 

She is there for Axl and to fill the void of Pittman to keep that NuGuns vibe and it is a joke.. You could hear her more than Slash on the main riff of It's So Easy during the verses last week.

It is a reunion of Axl, Slash and Duff although Duff and Slash have played a million times together.. If Axl brings it, it should still be good. Just too many elements of NuGuns for me and she is the fucking worst.. 

I am sure Fortus will be running around the stage as usual when he has more room.

8 hours ago, smoke said:

Yeah, we've got a brand new era on our hands, can't call it NuGuns anymore. ComboGuns is a good candidate.

I'm considering crreating and selling ComboGuns Side Blinders: for when you only want to look at the middle three! $20 a pop in the parking lot.

I want some!

1 hour ago, Tom-Ass said:

She is there for Axl and to fill the void of Pittman to keep that NuGuns vibe and it is a joke.. You could hear her more than Slash on the main riff of It's So Easy during the verses last week.

It is a reunion of Axl, Slash and Duff although Duff and Slash have played a million times together.. If Axl brings it, it should still be good. Just too many elements of NuGuns for me and she is the fucking worst.. 

I am sure Fortus will be running around the stage as usual when he has more room.

I want some!

But it was April fools, maybe that line up is a trick and then for Vegas it's the AFD 5...

we take it too serious maybe a chick keyboard player just makes GNR look a little more modern and hip. Not like complete dinosaurs. 

They just seem to be helping each orher out. 

9 hours ago, smoke said:

As much as I am all for this lineup of GN'R, I just want to say that ComboGuns is an excellent term. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, wasted said:

But it was April fools, maybe that line up is a trick and then for Vegas it's the AFD 5...

we take it too serious maybe a chick keyboard player just makes GNR look a little more modern and hip. Not like complete dinosaurs. 

They just seem to be helping each orher out. 

Maybe no one gives a fuck and it's just based on merit, talent and just happening to be available like any number of such desicions.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Maybe no one gives a fuck and it's just based on merit, talent and just happening to be available like any number of such desicions.

I think so, there's some need for keyboard on a number of songs and if Pitman isn't there they got someone else. Brain's wife or something? Seems like an internal hire. 

Basically Pitman was taking over the band. One towel at a time. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wasted said:

I think so, there's some need for keyboard on a number of songs and if Pitman isn't there they got someone else. Brain's wife or something? Seems like an internal hire. 

Basically Pitman was taking over the band. One towel at a time. 

Pitman always reminded me of Buffalo Bill out of Silence of the Lambs when hes dressed as a bird.

whine,whine all about the female keyboard player she is in the band doesnt bother me one bit, face it GNR is more than just AFD, if you dont like it go listen to something else. Im just happy Axl and Slash are back and Duff, dont care who the other folks are.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Len B'stard said:

Although some people do care. They want the AFD line up. But really it's more like a UYI tour line up with slighy different members. Operation: ComboGuns is a go. 

8 minutes ago, wasted said:

Although some people do care. They want the AFD line up. But really it's more like a UYI tour line up with slighy different members. Operation: ComboGuns is a go. 

Combo Guns sounds awful, like a Burger King special deal or somethin!