Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

28 minutes ago, James Bond said:

Without Melissa, there would be no more Guns N' Roses.

Since she has been remixing Guns N' Roses material, she has the best knowledge of how everything is supposed to be played and sound. I believe she is the one who makes all the arragements to new and old songs and teaches the guys to play the songs correctly to achieve best possible sound.

8 minutes ago, rocknroll41 said:

I lump the AFD and UYI line ups togther in my head cannon as just ClassicGuns

So do I generally as it was a quick transition after Steven was fired. I think the 2016 line up is similar to UYI (after Izzy left). 3 main members front & centre & the rest in the background however I think Matt had much more presence than Frank at the time.

28 minutes ago, Bridge school said:

I welcome her to the band, she sings 100% better than Pittman.  Also, it's hilarious to see the reunionista/Trump voters all bent out of shape over it.;) 

Great idea, bring up politics. That's exactly what this thread needs :facepalm:

I'm a bit late to join in this conversation, but as things stand, I have no real problem with Melissa being in the band.

I must admit that my first reaction was, "Huh. No Izzy, no Steven. New member? Do we need another synth player?"

The band's obviously decided that they do. So, I'm willing to give her the benefit of the doubt. She can't be worse than Pitman, right?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, iftheworld said:

So the new useless keyboardist is better than the old useless keyboardist?

Yeah because in the eyes of Maynard if the band wants to hire a useless member as long as it's some decent looking chick it's a win :lol:

Just now, Billsfan said:

So she's hott and doesn't wave a towel. And her name isn't Chris pitman. Wow what an upgrade..

And based on the Melissa reeves thread and Facebook no, a majority aren't thrilled beyond belief. Maybe no ones angry but give me a break, they could have kept pitman and there would barely be a difference on stage 

I dont know about that.

1-  a bands like a sports team. U need stars and u also need workers.  Pitman stoped comprehending his low profile roll in one of the greatest/bigest bands ever.  Im sure melissa gets it.

2 - obviusly is too early,  but ive been doin some research and i think melissa will bring powerfull things to GNR sound. (Vocally, efects, sounds, etc)

3- she is conected ( for obvius reasons) to this days sounds/style/tastes/beats/etc, so im guessing she will be even more helpfull with gnr studio material ( wich im pretty sure we're gonna get at some point )

1 minute ago, SEPTEM said:

I dont know about that.

1-  a bands like a sports team. U need stars and u also need workers.  Pitman stoped comprehending his low profile roll in one of the greatest/bigest bands ever.  Im sure melissa gets it.

2 - obviusly is too early,  but ive been doin some research and i think melissa will bring powerfull things to GNR sound. (Vocally, efects, sounds, etc)

3- she is conected ( for obvius reasons) to this days sounds/style/tastes/beats/etc, so im guessing she will be even more helpfull with gnr studio material ( wich im pretty sure we're gonna get at some point )

She worked with Brain and Bucket. Maybe it'll work out since it's clearly an axl decision that slash and duff are kind of just cool with...

It just amazes me that people can rip pitman or give brain a hard time for his remixes when she is literally in the band to do the same thing. 

31 minutes ago, maynard said:

I am the only one who likes Melissa?

No you are not and based from the reaction at last week Troubador the crowd, myself included, seemed to like her or, at the least, we're not bothered.

I think she's great so far and hasn't made anything that made me dislike her. It's too early for that and most people whining seem to be making baseless accusations or focusing on the sex and appearance. That's all I hear from people here, her mistake is being a woman. We won't see her bigger contribution to the band until the Vegas shows, where they play a full set, are better mixed and have a better production.

What does she bring that Pittman doesn't? First better stage presence, I don't recall Pittman standing out at all and great backing vocals which this band needs.

I find it amusing how after 23 years Axl and Slash finally reunite and a lot of people are focusing on this one person.

And based on the clips and photos posted here it looks like she's really given a spotlight and a nice stage. I love it!

• Like 2

She's beautiful and she has style, I'm just not sure where she fits in on stage. Maybe do what Slipknot did for a while before they replaced Paul and put her backstage playing the keyboards. Maybe I'm being a bit too extreme. She's probably a nice gal. Who knows. It's just weird. I didn't notice Pittman onstage because he's an ugly hermit. But she's beautiful so now I have to deal with the fact that I'll be looking over at her during a GNR show wondering what she looks like playing the keyboard  naked. It's not natural for a Guns show. Someone help me.

Edited by iftheworld
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Chuerta86 said:

No you are not and based from the reaction at last week Troubador the crowd, myself included, seemed to like her or, at the least, we're not bothered.

I think she's great so far and hasn't made anything that made me dislike her. It's too early for that and most people whining seem to be making baseless accusations or focusing on the sex and appearance. That's all I hear from people here, her mistake is being a woman. We won't see her bigger contribution to the band until the Vegas shows, where they play a full set, are better mixed and have a better production.

What does she bring that Pittman doesn't? First better stage presence, I don't recall Pittman standing out at all and great backing vocals which this band needs.

I find it amusing how after 23 years Axl and Slash finally reunite and a lot of people are focusing on this one person.

And based on the clips and photos posted here it looks like she's really given a spotlight and a nice stage. I love it!

Yeah he really is one of the few. She's useless but hey everyone's replaceable. No where in that troubadour crowd were people going crazy for a spare part that's useless

Edited by Billsfan