Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

8 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

What does she do? I'm listening to a bootleg of the second Vegas show and there is no discernible trace of her presence? What does she actually do?

What did Pitman do?

12 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

It seems to be a pattern in this band to have an extra superfluous band member who does not seem to do anything.

Trust me, she's a good singer and she has composed synth shit I enjoy, she does Pitman's parts man. It's Guns N' Roses (to some) the other instruments are much more prominent, but her role is like an ingredient you use just a little. It does sound better imo, you can hear how the backing vocals make a lot of the material stronger as Pitman couldn't really sing.

If you don't notice it than it means it's harmless, but I can hear her just fine, as much as I've heard Pitman actually, which was real, I know it was.

On Chinese, the song, she really improved it with her excellent backing vocals. Better than Tracy and Roberta, her voice fits Axl's and she's doing pre-recorded shit live which is always welcomed. She's doing what she's supposed to do and is needed as the band still plays Chinese cuts. They need to be represented fully, to the very last detailed glorious layer. It makes sense from a musical stand point on many levels, it's not just to showcase Axl did not cave in. (which he technically did but still is a man of artistic integrity imo)

Edited by Rovim

6 hours ago, jpduff said:

The key difference is that, since Pittman, the second keyboardist is an official member of the band. IMO, this is unnecessary!

8 hours ago, Gordon Comstock said:

They've had two keyboards since the UYI tour.

They had a second keyboardist during the Bloated Get In The Ring tour..Teddy was a touring musician not band member. He also wasn't up there every song.  They then trimmed all the fat for the Skin N' Bones tour to 6 members and were sounding better than ever. Whatever happened during the shitman years is what it is. Most people didn't even believe or know Gn'R existed during that period. This chick is just another reason why they are missing the mark with this reunion.  She really hasn't had much of a negative effect on the music but it looks corny as hell watching her dance around up there like a Spice Girl.

All those # shout outs to all the clothing lines are lame too...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

They had a second keyboardist during the Bloated Get In The Ring tour..Teddy was a touring musician not band member. He also wasn't up there every song.  They then trimmed all the fat for the Skin N' Bones tour to 6 members and were sounding better than ever. Whatever happened during the shitman years is what it is. Most people didn't even believe or know Gn'R existed during that period. This chick is just another reason why they are missing the mark with this reunion.  She really hasn't had much of a negative effect on the music but it looks corny as hell watching her dance around up there like a Spice Girl.

All those # shout outs to all the clothing lines are lame too...

Come on, can't that point be made without the unnecessary name-calling?

• Like 1

I wasn't keen on the idea of Melissa initially but having seen the shows she seems pretty cool and talented and adds something fresh to the line up.

Let's face it, if ACDC fans can embrace Axl after losing Brian I think GNR fans should be able to get over the 2nd keyboardist. :P

10 hours ago, CardinalGunner said:

Dizzy hasn't been the only keyboardist in a long long time.   Chris joined in the late 90s.

Still hope to hear what happened to him.   But digging Melissa in the band so far.

I know...I don't want Pitman in the band either. See Axl in AC/DC right now that's how GNR should be: as simple as it can like it used to be until 89

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, starlight said:

I know...I don't want Pitman in the band either. See Axl in AC/DC right now that's how GNR should be: as simple as it can like it used to be until 89

I hear that, until 1991 actually when Izzy left.  I am indifferent to him but Dizzy still has a purpose, especially on songs like Estranged. The Skin N' Bones tour was phenomenal and he was involved. They were still raw in your face shows..

2 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Sorry, I see so many people on here calling him Shitman that it just seems natural now.

Report it if you see it then - we don't condone name-calling, but we're just not able to monitor every single post.

2 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Are you seriously suggesting Pitman is not one gigantic free-for-all in regards to name calling? Don't forget he called everybody here a dildo!

I just did a search on "Shitman" and just under 50 threads came up.  I feel singled out ;)

1 hour ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

indeed, she has a very sweet innocent voice - i like it and she seems cool and is quite cute

Sweet and innocent voices were always such a great characteristic and part of Gn'R's sound  :facepalm:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, double talkin jive mfkr said:

would you prefer ashba and bumblefoot and pitman back?

u should be happy for at least what your  getting

Pitman no... I find that the position totally dilutes the band no matter who it is..

Asha maybe.. I didn't follow the band closely when he was in it but he says he is a huge Gn'R fan. I bet he would have no issues laying back and playing the rhythm guitar close to its original form out of respect for the songs. Most people had an issue with his lead playing right?

Edited by Tom-Ass

28 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Asha maybe.. I didn't follow the band closely when he was in it but he says he is a huge Gn'R fan. I bet he would have no issues laying back and playing the rhythm guitar close to its original form out of respect for the songs. Most people had an issue with his lead playing right?

I wouldn't call that lead playing