Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

4 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

Without her, there are no orchestral parts on November Rain, no TWAT, no synth on Paradise City, no keys during the Pink Floyd jams. . .

She actually does stuff.

Isn't it DIzzy playing synth on NR while Axl is playing the piano?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

Without her, there are no orchestral parts on November Rain, no TWAT, no synth on Paradise City, no keys during the Pink Floyd jams. . .

She actually does stuff.

U f'n' kidding me? They can even have just software doing that... or someone backstage. 

1 minute ago, AncientEvil80 said:

U f'n' kidding me? They can even have just software doing that... or someone backstage. 

It's most likely backtracks that she is triggering for the most part. Why have her backstage ? She was asked to create music for intros etc so why should she be hiding ? :lol:

Guns n' Roses hasn't been a strictly rock n' roll band for the last twenty-six years and it won't turn back to that, not after the success of the UYI albums.

54 minutes ago, AncientEvil80 said:

Cazzo se c'hai ragione...

A morte Dizzy e 'sta Melissa.. :-)

:P

51 minutes ago, The Glow Inc. said:

She actually does stuff.

Without Paul, there would be no more guns n roses :P

Sorry, just old memories :D

1 hour ago, Chuzeville said:

Isn't it DIzzy playing synth on NR while Axl is playing the piano?

Nope. For whatever reason, Dizzy more or less plays what Axl plays. Check out the 1992 shows - Teddy does the strings and Dizzy plays piano. That's why often Axl would call out "Dizzy" when the song proper was about to kick in. 1991 or 1993 shows - no strings.

Well in all honesty at first the idea irked me just like it did probably most people and it wasn't just because she is a female as that does not bother me too much it was the age thing combined with everything else. HOWEVER after seeing her perform and getting used to her being here it really feels like Melissa has been around for a while and her input is truly amazing. She is far superior to Pitman and a very talented lady, I am more than thrilled she is part of the new lineup and you know what she deserves it because she seems to have really worked hard to get to where she is working with groups like TLC and then becoming a new member of GNR. Good for her! 

Edited by Affirmation

I haven't heard much Melissa so far (I still have some catching up to do since I worked the past two nights). But what is it that you guys like about her? And how is she better compared to Pitman?

Those aren't hooray for tolerance! questions either...I'm being serious lol. I'm all for Melissa, if she provides to be a useful member of the cast - which it seems like she is so far.

12 minutes ago, gnrstuffcoolyea12 said:

I haven't heard much Melissa so far (I still have some catching up to do since I worked the past two nights). But what is it that you guys like about her? And how is she better compared to Pitman?

Those aren't hooray for tolerance! questions either...I'm being serious lol. I'm all for Melissa, if she provides to be a useful member of the cast - which it seems like she is so far.

She provides slightly nicer backing vocals than Pitman but otherwise is pretty much the same to me. Though she doesn't add a lot to the songs, I don't think having her on stage reduces the impact of the rockier material in any way, so yeah she's cool to have.

I don't really care if she's there one way or another. 

But I think ALL of the original lineup should be there first - BEFORE we start bringing in "add-ons." 

Bring in Izzy, Adler/Sorum - then who cares who else is added? To me, it would then be no different than Roberta and Tracey. 

2 minutes ago, madison said:

I don't really care if she's there one way or another. 

But I think ALL of the original lineup should be there first - BEFORE we start bringing in "add-ons." 

Bring in Izzy, Adler/Sorum - then who cares who else is added? To me, it would then be no different than Roberta and Tracey. 

Don't mention Tracey and Roberta without their last name. It's Tracey and Roberta Here-to-help-you.

• Like 1

She's a lot easier on the eyes than Pittman.  And actually seems into it jumping around and shit.  Compared to Pitt and his slinky keyboards it's an improvement I know she's there for Axl and that's just his way. 

i wonder what mother goose is up to. So glad him and his Better bubble effect are yesterday's news. 

• Like 1