Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

Hey, can we stop with this The Forum Vs. Madison? 

I din't know her before, just heard things about her and from what I see now, she has changed for the good. 

As Im a nosy person and ls interested to know about the people who ran this forum and would like to ask a few questions, but ill do that in PM when the time comes. 

She will always be an interesting topic in regards to the forum but well this is not the place to talk about it. 

7 hours ago, tremolo said:

The things I said were generalizations about women, not specific things about you. I can understand the language barrier and how it led you to misunderstand my post and think that those things I said were about you. I didn't know you were, in fact, a woman, I don't usually pay attention to that when I reply, it's irrelevant.

[...]

The rest, I understand. But I also keep in mind that "having an opinion" is not a valid reason to allow ourselves to be nasty to others just because of it (someone mentioned she was hot and you couldn't help yourself commenting on it, which was completely unnecessary, and that alone says a lot). It comes down to a matter of perspective: is the glass half empty or half full?

Ok, next time don't include me in your silly generalizations about women because I don't belong there. You don't know me personally but I tell you, I'm really far from behaving like the "typical" woman you described in your generalization.

I don't think I was being nasty when I commented on Melissa's look. Just because I don't think she's hot it doesn't mean I am nasty to her. Do you like or are attracted to ALL the women in this world? I don't think so. And that's about it. It doesn't mean anything out of the ordinary.

Save your moral lessons to yourself. You need them 'cause it looks you forgot about them when you were making your generalizations about female behavior.

Just now, xBrownstonex said:

How it can be more important that someone is standing on the side playing some keyboard than duff and slash being back is beyond me. You behave like spoiled brats.

This is a thread called 'Welcome Melissa Reese to GN'R', right? So I guess we are supposed to talk about this Melissa girl joining the band.

There's a 200+ pages thread about the Troubadour show with plenty of discussion on Axl+Slash+Duff interactions.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

This is a thread called 'Welcome Melissa Reese to GN'R', right? So I guess we are supposed to talk about this Melissa girl joining the band.

There's a 200+ pages thread about the Troubadour show with plenty of discussion on Axl+Slash+Duff interactions.

That thread is clogged up with Frankfurt hate and endless drummer discussions.

And I don't see how constant "is she out yet" bitching is a discussion...

If Melissa has already worked on newest stuff, that would be a logical decision.

The CD line up is over. Frank and Richard has nothing to do with chinese, just some inputs here and there, but likely be proeminent on the next one. They is no chi dem people in the band now. They can change the songs all they want, the intro of better is an example.

4 minutes ago, xBrownstonex said:

I was referring to the fact that to some people its more of a downer to her being in the band than being happy about duff n slashs comeback

I am ultra happy for their comeback but this is the Melissa thread, so I won't be repeating myself over and over about how cool it is the return of GNR in every single thread that is not specifically about that.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

If Melissa has already worked on newest stuff, that would be a logical decision.

The CD line up is over. Frank and Richard has nothing to do with chinese, just some inputs here and there, but likely be proeminent on the next one. They is no chi dem people in the band now. They can change the songs all they want, the intro of better is an example.

Damn, need to hear that new Better soon...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, xBrownstonex said:

I was referring to the fact that to some people its more of a downer to her being in the band than being happy about duff n slashs comeback

having her is fucking pathetic.. Hopefully her noise and sound effects are not the least bit audible on any classic GnR era songs.. I could give a rats ass abut CD ones.. They blow anyway..

Can't say I care about her past resume or who she's banging,  like Pittman before her, I find her presence completely unnecessary.   This band hasn't been "dangerous" for 2 decades, but the addition of a girl described as wearing glittery kicks and greenish hair does nothing for the brand and image the classic lineup worked so hard to create.  Only to be eroded with each new lineup that Axl has been in charge of.  

I know Slash has said before that he would never have female musicians in his bands, and he's remained consistent with that, until now.  I wonder what else he had to give in on to make this regrouping a reality.  

• Like 1

I've been watching that video of hers where she talks about her career, how she started and such.... I can tell she has a good voice but it isn't special, as in she sounds just like any other pop artist with no much personality. She can play piano, tinker with keyboards, computers, all sort of techie things.... but so do a bunch of other people can do that as well.... And her image doesn't stand out either... She dresses like those Cosplay or animé girls. She's no different than any young girl you could cross path with while in Tokyo.

Of course, in Guns N' Roses she will stand out with all of that because nothing about her is edgy or dangerous or hard rock. She sings like an angel, so probably backing vocals will sound a lot better. But other than that I really don't see how could she improve or add anything to the classic songs. Nothing about her is AFD or LIES or UYI..... Chinese Democracy? Maybe... but how many CD songs will they play and even with CD songs, what will she do? Emoji faces?

I think her contributions could be more appreciated in CD2 if it's ever released, but at this point, I swear I don't get why this type of musician was added to the touring lineup.

9 hours ago, Patience 4 Axl said:

Can't say I care about her past resume or who she's banging,  like Pittman before her, I find her presence completely unnecessary.   This band hasn't been "dangerous" for 2 decades, but the addition of a girl described as wearing glittery kicks and greenish hair does nothing for the brand and image the classic lineup worked so hard to create.  Only to be eroded with each new lineup that Axl has been in charge of.  

I know Slash has said before that he would never have female musicians in his bands, and he's remained consistent with that, until now.  I wonder what else he had to give in on to make this regrouping a reality.  

He talks here about considering a female lead for VR, maybe it wasn't a serious consideration in all likelihood, but he isn't dead set against it.

http://www.mtv.com/news/1458724/former-guns-n-roses-members-form-band-dont-rule-out-courtney-love-as-singer/

Female contenders aren’t being ruled out, either, Slash added. “If we got a girl that sounded like Janis Joplin crossed with Joan Jett with a bit of Tina Turner, that would be rocking,” he said. “That would be an unprecedented move, because no one would expect that. But just not that many girls have actually applied.

I have mixed feelings about Melissa, I like the idea of a female member in theory - I remember musing a few years back that having a Meg White type drummer might be cool. After watching the extended Jungle clip however, the visual of a bunch of 50+ men and a young woman feels slightly off kilter, I don't think this is purely a gender thing as a young guy might look equally out of place. Perhaps it's in part to do with my age that I feel this way - like we need any more reminders that 20+ years have passed in a heartbeat :lol:. I can see why many fans with youth on their side won't see it as a big deal though.

Having said that, her resume is good and her backing vocals on the clip have a decent higher register none of the others could provide. In an arena or stadium setting, like Pitman, she's not going to be up front of stage so all said and done it probably doesn't matter one bit in a live setting.

I'm sure she is beyond stoked to be a part of this. Just imagine being in her shoes!

• Like 1

15 hours ago, alfierose said:

Talking of Duff's daughter, I wonder if her band will be an opener at some point in the future? Probably not this initial tour maybe a later one though.

Steve Harris' daughter opened for Iron Maiden, it's something to ask one of the McKagans. 

I think she's way better than Pitman mostly due to the fact she is not Chris Pitman.

My personal opinion that this clown shoe position in the band would be best fulfilled off the side of the stage and in the studio.

I also think somebody dressed in a giant cock and balls costume is more Guns N Roses than Chris Pitman (born 11th December, 1936) but then again, that kind of describes Chris Pitman so what would I know?

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, tremolo said:

And are you telling me that there is absolutely no truth to those generalizations? The "I'm not like that" falls into the same category.

It wasn't just that one comment. Your first comment in the thread and the next few were nasty towards a new member, and just now you tried to justify it by saying that "nothing about her is edgy or dangerous or hard rock..." Well, the same applies to GNR: they're not edgy, or dangerous, or hard rock; that's in the past. Today they are guys in their 50s who have lots of money and comfortable lives, who happen to still make music. Same thing applies to "nothing about her is AFD or LIES or UYI..." The band is over those eras, they are part of the past, they have moved on, they have grown up. Maybe it's time for the fans to do the same instead of bitching and complaining because the band didn't get stuck being caricatures of their former selves.

Or maybe you would like it better if they went back to their roots, objectifying women, writing songs about drugs, whores and r&r, and calling women "bitches" and "cunts". And there's nothing wrong with it, I just find the contradiction fascinating... flipping out about a generalization, but missing the old days when the band were writing lyrics thay degraded women.

Fuck logic! Oh wait, women don't need logic in their arguments lol (this was a joke, hint, hint. Don't take it seriously).

I just don't get all the negativity towards a new member before she has had the chance to prove herself.

What songs did they degrade women? Objectify, sure, that's rock n' roll. If someone is being a hoochie or a vindictive bitch beacuse she degraded the man...Bob Dylan's "Just Like a Woman" and "Idiot Wind" are WAY more degrading. 

3 hours ago, tremolo said:

And are you telling me that there is absolutely no truth to those generalizations? The "I'm not like that" falls into the same category.

It wasn't just that one comment. Your first comment in the thread and the next few were nasty towards a new member, and just now you tried to justify it by saying that "nothing about her is edgy or dangerous or hard rock..." Well, the same applies to GNR: they're not edgy, or dangerous, or hard rock; that's in the past. Today they are guys in their 50s who have lots of money and comfortable lives, who happen to still make music. Same thing applies to "nothing about her is AFD or LIES or UYI..." The band is over those eras, they are part of the past, they have moved on, they have grown up. Maybe it's time for the fans to do the same instead of bitching and complaining because the band didn't get stuck being caricatures of their former selves.

Or maybe you would like it better if they went back to their roots, objectifying women, writing songs about drugs, whores and r&r, and calling women "bitches" and "cunts". And there's nothing wrong with it, I just find the contradiction fascinating... flipping out about a generalization, but missing the old days when the band were writing lyrics thay degraded women.

Fuck logic! Oh wait, women don't need logic in their arguments lol (this was a joke, hint, hint. Don't take it seriously).

I just don't get all the negativity towards a new member before she has had the chance to prove herself.

Yes, there is some truth to it but just like men, women are not a "bunch", amorphed mass that you can put in a bag and say "you all are like this. period." I'm not like that and its true. You are talking to me, an individual, I'm not the mass so what else can I say? I'm not like that and you don't know me. I can't prove myself to you, though. We will probably never meet.

Even with loads of money and luxuries, I think Axl is still a crazy wacko dangerous guy. Go ahead and try to upset him, you'll see what I'm talking about. I don't think the band is over the albums that put them in the top of the mountain. If that was the case, then why is the setlist filled with those songs?? Those songs will remain edgy and dangerous FOREVER. That's what is great about them. No matter how much you want to deny their history, Rocket Queen will always change the environment of the show and make you feel like you're inside an 80's rock bar.

The rest of the crap you said about bitches and cunts is more and more bullshit that you are adding to this useless conversation. I never mentioned ANY of that in my previous posts, so save it and shove it.

Melissa Reese will be subject of discussions and debate just like any other member of the band. So she better thickens her skin because GNR fans are the devil.

Edited by killuridols