Welcome Melissa Reese to Guns N' Roses!

2 hours ago, Nice Boy said:

Whether they are an official member or not, what practical difference does it make, if they are on stage playing, they are part of the band. The whole membership issue is a moot point anyway; e.g. Matt Sorum being described as "additional musician" on Live Era.

Because they weren't up there every song and it was one small tour..

1 hour ago, Stress Fracture said:

She's just there to play keyboards on a few songs

Is that accurate? Or is she out there taking up space and adding unnecessary keyboards to perfect songs like It's So Easy the whole show like Shittman? 

2 hours ago, killuridols said:

Tracy, Roberta and the girls for 'Move to the City' were a complete different thing!

They weren't considered BAND MEMBERS, we all knew they were backing singers and additional musicians for specific songs (not the whole show). They were low-profile chicks, not the girlfriend or spouse of anyone (that we know of) and fans didn't think much of them until they were brought onstage.

But this chick, everybody's talking about her and welcoming her as a band member, filling a position most of us think is unnecessary. But it looks like some people hated more the former member than the position itself and now they are like 'ok, let her stay'. Just because she is, they say 'hot, young, fresh'... WTF. 

Since when GNR turned into One Direction?

I don't get you.. Sometimes we are so far apart in our views but then boom.. 100% spot on.  That post was perfectly stated.

Can someone give confirmation if she was out there the whole show or not?  If she was on Better or CD,who gives a crap, they suck anyway.. But there isn't one other song in the entire set that needs her.. These details would clear a lot up...

I don't have a problem with them bringing in a woman.

But I just think they should have had ALL of the original members on the same stage FIRST - before they brought in any "add-ons."

I mean, all of the original members are alive and ALL wanted to be part of this. Just don't understand why they weren't all there last night.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, madison said:

But I just think they should have had ALL of the original members on the same stage FIRST - before they brought in any "add-ons."

I mean, all of the original members are alive and ALL wanted to be part of this. Just don't understand why they weren't all there last night.

Izzy didn't want to, actually.

41 minutes ago, Axl_morris said:

so... whats haopened to chris?

im guessing he was let go then took to facebook with his "drunken" comments

I would bet the house that is what happened

"Sorry Chris we are going to let you go", he not soon after finds out about this girl being his replacement and then goes on his rant, it is making sense now obviously

5 minutes ago, madison said:

cuz Axl I am sure does not want to give the public what they really want , I am sure he "settled"for playing with Slash, since he knew that was the big pay day, but I am sure his pride is to big to allow the real reunion to happen

11 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

Can someone give confirmation if she was out there the whole show or not?  If she was on Better or CD,who gives a crap, they suck anyway.. But there isn't one other song in the entire set that needs her.. These details would clear a lot up...

She was there for the whole show

Well, to be fair, the amount of (tongue-in-cheek) sexism in this thread pales in comparison to the sheer hypocrisy of fans welcoming a new member on board during this reunion just because she happens to be a she. If they had replaced Pitman with a dude you'd all be spitting daggers about Axl not moving on from NuGNR, and about how it should be about the AFD5 members only. Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer have been with this band for ten-fifteen years and have never once had a welcome or congratulations in their entire tenure. Every male replacement who was brought in after the original band dissolved has been subject to much scorn and ridicule from parts of the GNR fanbase, but it seems as if we're a lot more accommodating if it's someone from the fairer sex.

I didn't particularly like Pitman, but at least he contributed to some songwriting on their last album, so he is more worthy of being there than some random girl whose only connection with GNR is that she's the girlfriend of an ex-member. But even as I'm writing this, I'm wondering why I'm doing it, as I really don't care at this stage. Until GNR prove that they're more than just a nostalgia act touring 80s hits for huge sums of cash then my interest in who plays in this group is minimal.

Edited by Towelie

13 minutes ago, madison said:

YES! this is what I have been saying. they have all members of the original band ALIVE. and sadly,that will not always be the case. hoping that the feedback they are getting is reflecting the need for the real GN'R to come together. hopefully like in Vegas?? :P

3 minutes ago, Towelie said:

Well, to be fair, the amount of (tongue-in-cheek) sexism in this thread pales in comparison to the sheer hypocrisy of fans welcoming a new member on board during this reunion just because she's a she. If they had replaced Pitman with a dude you'd all be spitting daggers about Axl not moving on from NuGNR, and about how it should be about the AFD5 members only. Richard Fortus and Frank Ferrer have been with this band for ten-fifteen years and have never had a welcome or congratulations in their entire tenure.

I didn't particularly like Pitman, but at least he contributed to some songwriting on their last album, so he is more worthy of being there than some random girl whose only connection with GNR is that she's the girlfriend of an ex-member.

Good point. And frankly both Richard and Frank deserved welcomes. More than this chick who shouldn't even be there really

Just now, Tom-Ass said:

That is so fucking patheitc

I really don't get why they need a 2nd keyboard player, it is not even needed in Better or CD

This show should have been just the 5 original guys with Dizzy. If Izzy din't show up then fortus is fine, but man I wanted to see Steven. He wanted a reunion since the past 20 years and he was not even there for the first "reunited" show?

GNR never needed a 2nd keyboard player. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

That is so fucking patheitc

Unnecessary, perhaps? Not what you would have preferred, maybe? But pathetic, really? Having a second keyboard player in a band is pathetic? I can understand people wanting Izzy and Steven for this gig (I did, too, at least for some of the songs), and I can understand people wanting a stripped won version of GN'R (I want, too!!), but GN'R has played with two keyboard players for many years now. Why is it pathetic when they continue this tradition?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, GNRSkidRow1 said:

Didn't he say so on Twitter or something?

He said "at this point in time, I've no involvement in the upcoming April shows", which doesn't necessarily mean he didn't want to. Actually, the fact that he created a Twitter account just now and that he talks about it makes me think that he wasn't against the idea. Just my feeling though. 

3 minutes ago, SoulMonster said:

Unnecessary, perhaps? Not what you would have preferred, maybe? But pathetic, really? Having a second keyboard player in a band is pathetic? I can understand people wanting Izzy and Steven for this gig (I did, too, at least for some of the songs), and I can understand people wanting a stripped won version of GN'R (I want, too!!), but GN'R has played with two keyboard players for many years now. Why is it pathetic when they continue this tradition?

And Gn'R was pathetic all those years with two keyboard players.. Synths on It's So Easy and Rocket Queen?? really???