07/09/16 - Nashville, TN - Nissan Stadium

downzy

3 hours ago, Slash787 said:

I don't think so he will come out and say it about Sorry or any songs.

He hasn't talked much about the CD songs and its meanings, all we know is that Steph, Erin, Slash and the media have inspired him to write those songs.

How do we know there are songs on CD that are about Erin?

3 hours ago, Padme said:

TIL was written and recorded in Paris in 1992. So it wasn't about Slash. My guess has always been the song is about Erin. But Axl might have made changes to the song before the final version we have on CD. Axl was never 100% clear as far as I know

I always thought this was about Stephanie because it coincides with the date of their split. Why do you think it is about Erin? 

• Like 1

Just now, killuridols said:

I always thought this was about Stephanie because it coincides with the date of their split. Why do you think it is about Erin? 

As far as I know he split with Stephanie in early 93. Stephanie joined Axl in Brazil during the band's first South American Tour. That took place in December 1992

10 minutes ago, Padme said:

As far as I know he split with Stephanie in early 93. Stephanie joined Axl in Brazil during the band's first South American Tour. That took place in December 1992

16 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Yeah, Steph (and Dylan) were with Axl in South America. Then Steph and Axl had some kind of huge fight at a Christmas party at Axl's house and shortly after they split. TIL was written before that.

Edited by Frey

15 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Just look at the lyrics and the timeline 

TIL - Erin

TWAT - Stephanie

Prostitute - Stephanie

SOD - Steph/Erin

Madagascar - About himself moving forward in life

Riad - It was inspired by Erins Brother in Law

Sorry - Maybe Slash? lol

18 minutes ago, Padme said:

By Paris 1992 he was already having problems with Stephanie and her infidelities. Remember he was so pissed off at Warren Beatty? The woman was already showing signs she liked older men and was going to end up marrying one of those.

Axl may have started to write This I Love as part of that process. What we don't know is the lyrics to the TIL we know are the same that were written back then or if what was written back then was a complete song or just the music.

12 minutes ago, Frey said:

Yeah, Steph (and Dylan) were with Axl in South America. Then Steph and Axl had some kind of huge fight at a Christmas party at Axl's house and shortly after they split. TIL was written before that.

Same as I said above to Padme. We don't know what version of TIL was written in 1992 and what were the lyrics to it.

A relationship doesn't oftenly ends when there's an official breakup. Lots of things and problems lead to break up. No couple ends a relationship from one day to another.

7 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

TIL - Erin

TWAT - Stephanie

Prostitute - Stephanie

SOD - Steph/Erin

Sorry - Maybe Slash? lol

Ok, but they are all assumptions and fan fantasies, lol, not like we have evidence these people are the subjects of the songs.

I mean, it could be, Axl is so fucked up I'm sure he would still be thinking of both Erin and Steph as far as to 2008 :lol: even when both women were having offspring with other men :facepalm:

1 minute ago, killuridols said:

By Paris 1992 he was already having problems with Stephanie and her infidelities. Remember he was so pissed off at Warren Beatty? The woman was already showing signs she liked older men and was going to end up marrying one of those.

Axl may have started to write This I Love as part of that process. What we don't know is the lyrics to the TIL we know are the same that were written back then or if what was written back then was a complete song or just the music.

Same as I said above to Padme. We don't know what version of TIL was written in 1992 and what were the lyrics to it.

A relationship doesn't oftenly ends when there's an official breakup. Lots of things and problems lead to break up. No couple ends a relationship from one day to another.

Ok, but they are all assumptions and fan fantasies, lol, not like we have evidence these people are the subjects of the songs.

I mean, it could be, Axl is so fucked up I'm sure he would still be thinking of both Erin and Steph as far as to 2008 :lol: even when both women were having offspring with other men :facepalm:

Most of these songs were written before 2001

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I don't know about that. Lyrics too?

Final versions of the songs are what matter I think,

Twat, SOD, Riad, TIL, IRS, Madagascar all of these were written with the lyrics and the music before 2001

1 hour ago, Slash787 said:

TIL - Erin

TWAT - Stephanie

Prostitute - Stephanie

SOD - Steph/Erin

Sorry - Maybe Slash? lol

Those are all just assumptions and guesses though. The only one know we know with 100% certainty is Rhiad.

For example, I agree with whoever keeps saying Street of Dreams is about Slash. I can totally see SOD being about Slash instead of a woman. 

All we can make here are educated guesses. @killuridols has a point, we don't know for sure if TIL is about Erin, it's just an educated guess and what I personally think is most likely. Just like I think Sorry and SOD are about Slash, no matter what Axl says :P

48 minutes ago, Frey said:

Those are all just assumptions and guesses though. The only one know we know with 100% certainty is Rhiad.

For example, I agree with whoever keeps saying Street of Dreams is about Slash. I can totally see SOD being about Slash instead of a woman. 

All we can make here are educated guesses. @killuridols has a point, we don't know for sure if TIL is about Erin, it's just an educated guess and what I personally think is most likely. Just like I think Sorry and SOD are about Slash, no matter what Axl says :P

I'll have to reply to you at the women's thread because I feel we are spamming this one with unrelated crap.

I agree with @killuridols. I think Axl has said that TIL is about Stephanie and Dylan. Besides, it doesn't make sense for a song like this to have been written about Erin. Not only because in 1992 he was fully into another relationship and its problems, but also because the lyrics of the songs he wrote about Erin were different, they were more "aggressive" and not self-pitiful like TIL.

@KeyserSoze great review man, Im really happy that you went to the show, over here also since the tour started you always updated us with new pics, so really thanks for that and thanks for uploading the video for Sorry too.

Im sure you really enjoyed man

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

I agree with @killuridols. I think Axl has said that TIL is about Stephanie and Dylan. Besides, it doesn't make sense for a song like this to have been written about Erin. Not only because in 1992 he was fully into another relationship and its problems, but also because the lyrics of the songs he wrote about Erin were different, they were more "aggressive" and not self-pitiful like TIL.

Please repost this at the Women's thread so we don't derail this topic. I've taken the discussion over there :)