07/23/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium ~SOLD OUT~

downzy

Just now, estrangedtwat said:

goddamn i love technology.  does anyone else take a second to think about how fucking amazing this is?   i feel like younger kids don't even appreciate how insane it is to be able to witness this shit live from the comfort of our own homes.   i know.  I'm old.

"back in my day we had to wait months to buy expensive bootlegs of concerts with shit quality" etc etc.

we are truly living in the golden age of humankind.

No doubt, Albums and concerts were a surprise. You didn't know everything that was going to happen before you showed up at the venue or listened to the record. Kind of miss that In one sense but also love the fact that we can follow the tour from home.

• Like 1

Of course, I don't think watching it at home is even CLOSE to a substitute for being there in person.   Like having sex compared to jerking off with three condoms on or something.

But an entire generation would rather watch life through a screen, so I'm grateful I'm old enough to have experienced life before phones.

We're getting to enjoy this cause some asshole is willing to stand there and hold their phone up for three hours.  Why??  What makes someone willing to do that?  I'm grateful of course but if I'm at a show I sure as shit wouldn't even take my phone out of my pocket.   I definietely appreciate the shit outta the livestreamers, but what do they get out of it?

1 minute ago, estrangedtwat said:

Of course, I don't think watching it at home is even CLOSE to a substitute for being there in person.   Like having sex compared to jerking off with three condoms on or something.

But an entire generation would rather watch life through a screen, so I'm grateful I'm old enough to have experienced life before phones.

We're getting to enjoy this cause some asshole is willing to stand there and hold their phone up for three hours.  Why??  What makes someone willing to do that?  I'm grateful of course but if I'm at a show I sure as shit wouldn't even take my phone out of my pocket.   I definietely appreciate the shit outta the livestreamers, but what do they get out of it?

I remember my first beer

3 minutes ago, estrangedtwat said:

they want more followers on their periscope

• Like 1