07/23/16 - East Rutherford, NJ - MetLife Stadium ~SOLD OUT~

downzy

1 minute ago, Billsfan said:

Well, assuming something based off of little fact is one thing. I just have an issue with GNR sending a message that you "need to pay attention to the Facebook page for something serious" that's coming, and we got Slash playing 5 seconds of a solo. I mean, what the hell?!?! Not saying I was expecting Steven and izzy, been posting all thread that it ain't happening yet, but, I was expecting something to raise an eyebrow. Instead it's a typical eye roll.

all it said was "Might want to keep an eye on facebook", which this board translated into "SOME CRAZY SHIT IS COMING!!!!!"

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Maybe not the only one but one of be few.

Its tough to sell a cover. Any song, any artist. It's just a weird one because you have guns n roses covering it regardless of ashba and bumblefoot vs slash Being in the band. Doesn't matter who's there, or who isn't, they play that song. A very random one too. Which is an Axl decision, no one else's clearly.

I don't think it's the end of the world covering the seeker but, it's strange to do it considering the circumstances. And there's a long list of GNR classics fans miss and probably hoped would be dusted off with slash and duff rejoining axls band. 

I like it, but not when it's played in lieu of "Don't Cry" or a big one like that.  If it's on a new album, I'd consider it validated the way KOHD and LALD were.

1 minute ago, dgnr said:

You know what...I'm pissed! Because of this:

And this:

And this:

And this:

And even this:

why couldn't he just sing? It's motherfuckin Slash. The guy who gave him 'the killer guitar melodies'. No wonder why he wasn't invited to the birthday dinner :P

Yeah .. he sang it to all his people, but not to Slash. It would not have hurt him to sing it with the fans ...

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, G-Money said:

I like it, but not when it's played in lieu of "Don't Cry" or a big one like that.  If it's on a new album, I'd consider it validated the way KOHD and LALD were.

Dude they could bust out something completely unheard of, that we didn't know was a working title with lyrics we never saw coming, and people would lose their minds. There could be lyrics that have one person saying something nice to another person and we would be reading topics in this forum about how it's Axl making up for sorry and expressing feelings towards slash, I mean omfg :lol:

All I can say is, wasn't at the show and hey didn't miss anything special. This is a great band and you can you got your money's worth but, I can't say they did anything tonight that makes me regret not being there.And it's not to diss anybody spending their hard earned cash to see this lineup of GNR but, thank god for perescope. 

Anyways rant aside.. I would like new music. Nothing they release would too anything they've done before, regardless of the context of he material, but this band could do a lot more for this threeunion

2 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Dude they could bust out something completely unheard of, that we didn't know was a working title with lyrics we never saw coming, and people would lose their minds. There could be lyrics that have one person saying something nice to another person and we would be reading topics in this forum about how it's Axl making up for sorry and expressing feelings towards slash, I mean omfg :lol:

All I can say is, wasn't at the show and hey didn't miss anything special. This is a great band and you can you got your money's worth but, I can't say they did anything tonight that makes me regret not being there.And it's not to diss anybody spending their hard earned cash to see this lineup of GNR but, thank god for perescope. 

Anyways rant aside.. I would like new music. Nothing they release would too anything they've done before, regardless of the context of he material, but this band could do a lot more for this threeunion

And I am sure In due time they will consider new music as was already stated by Axl himself.. They reunited 3 months ago after 20 years of separation so It Is going to take a little more then a few months to release an album.

46 minutes ago, RooSaa said:

Yeah .. he sang it to all his people, but not to Slash. It would not have hurt him to sing it with the fans ...

Axl had the best wishes for his bday. He introduced Slash nicely, really.

May be Slash didn´t want "the happy birthday song" hahha.

What did you want? He wasn´t invited to the bday´s dinner <_<

Edited by Juliette

21 minutes ago, Juliette said:

Axl had the best wishes for his bday. He introduced Slash nicely, really.

May be Slash didn´t want "the happy birthday song" hahha.

What did you want? He wasn´t invited to the bday´s dinner <_<

Yes i heard that. And it is nice that he at least has not have forgotten about him. But it is still something to think about why he did it to others but not to slash. 

I saw a couple of short clips of Slash having birthday during concerts and he always seemed to enjoy it a lot when the fans sang it to him :):) 

But we maybe know more about the 'relationship-status' between them now: No way are they best friends, but they seem at least friendly enough to talk to each other and being able to share a stage. That is more we had two years ago, and i can say for myself that i am satisfied with it. Sometimes people are only classmates/bandmates and sometimes they are real friends. As long as the friendship between Slash and Duff is okay, i am okay with everything else *lol* :)

Edited by RooSaa
  • Like 1