08/03/16 - Arlington, TX - AT&T Stadium

downzy

8 minutes ago, Jordan Rose said:

Please no about Axl and Slash not getting along. Not buying it. Haven't seen any vids yet. Anyone hot any insight. Are they still vibeing? 

IDK, my theory is maybe their was some tension due to the hour wait time to show start. Pure theory though. Axl was leaning on Slash and messing with his guitar (I think that is when he caused it to go out of tune) and Slash didn't really seem to think it was funny but he could have just been very into his playing at the time.

here's what was said so far. He's a busy guy in between doing EMT and working for the fire department.

h.JPG

Edited by Un42nutzly

21 minutes ago, Un42nutzly said:

IDK, my theory is maybe their was some tension due to the hour wait time to show start. Pure theory though. Axl was leaning on Slash and messing with his guitar (I think that is when he caused it to go out of tune) and Slash didn't really seem to think it was funny but he could have just been very into his playing at the time.

here's what was said so far. He's a busy guy in between doing EMT and working for the fire department.

h.JPG

Thanks for the info. Not worried about Slash not responding to Axl goofing. He no-sold the tickling. If there were real issues it would be obvious. They're killing it. It's all good. 

• Like 1

@Un42nutzly the people I went with enjoyed Sorry also, they said the lyrics matched Their perception of how Axl thinks and the shut up and sing part is nuts. 

Axl and Slash thing...Axl was messing with Slash on Coma but it didn't come on the big screen, they were stage left. 

Not much interaction between them outside of that. Axl seemed to be in a better mood than everyone else, ironically I think it was Axl that made them late. He was the only one I saw come down from the tunnel and running up the side ramps stage left to enter the backstage 2 min before the show started. I think everyone else was already waiting. So maybe Slash was a bit bothered by that. 

I didn't put too much to it though, I figured they both went out there and put on a great show. Axl's the one that everyone is trying to keep happy and he seemed to be in the best mood I've ever seen him. 

If someone pissed him off he got revenge by showing up late, playing 4 CD songs and putting on a great show for 3 hours. I'll take it 

3 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

@Un42nutzly the people I went with enjoyed Sorry also, they said the lyrics matched Their perception of how Axl thinks and the shut up and sing part is nuts. 

Axl and Slash thing...Axl was messing with Slash on Coma but it didn't come on the big screen, they were stage left. 

Not much interaction between them outside of that. Axl seemed to be in a better mood than everyone else, ironically I think it was Axl that made them late. He was the only one I saw come down from the tunnel and running up the side ramps stage left to enter the backstage 2 min before the show started. I think everyone else was already waiting. So maybe Slash was a bit bothered by that. 

I didn't put too much to it though, I figured they both went out there and put on a great show. Axl's the one that everyone is trying to keep happy and he seemed to be in the best mood I've ever seen him. 

If someone pissed him off he got revenge by showing up late, playing 4 CD songs and putting on a great show for 3 hours. I'll take it 

Yeah, Axl really seems like the happiest guy up there, all smiles and goofing around. 

1 hour ago, Obsession Of Vanity said:

There isn't anything special about them. He sounds the same from 2011-now on Better. It's a comparison thing. He always nails the bridge so that stuck out in 2011-2014. He's nailing songs now he didn't then, so Better looks worse in comparison. 

Actually that's my thoughts exactly. I was just curious to hear Perdrolg's opinion about it.

2 minutes ago, Un42nutzly said:

Yeah, Axl really seems like the happiest guy up there, all smiles and goofing around. 

He just looked so happy to be playing past midnight haha his voice got stronger late last night. The run of Nightrain, Sorry, Patience, and Seeker he was unbelievable on. I'll have to go back and check some video but I'm not sure I've ever seen him so happy at a concert. 

• Like 1

The slaxl theory..

You guys seem to forget there was always tendion between them. They were never BFF. They both spoke about that.

After all that has been said after slash left gnr - I don't buy that they are on very good terms now. They have just made peace, amends so that this reunion could work out.

Axl even hinted that - on china exchange when  he was speaking about new material, not being sure if it will involve slash.  

With the most dangerous band in the world things can go sideways any time. Lucky for us, they are both older, wiser, professionals, and this reunion is worth shitload of money. So I think they will put all they got to get it done. After that... Who knows. We can only hope it will work out for some new stuff.

Not suggesting there is something bad going on. This is GNFNR after all.

Guys, please keep it up, I wanna see You in Europe!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, IncitingChaos said:

Yes, that was during Coma I believe! 

Makes me feel better haha

Yeah, that's from the Coma video. Just wondering whether Axl did that on purpose or whether he didn't expect Slash's movement so they bumped into each other. 

In Axl's world both is possible, we all know he likes teasing Slash and is clumsy as shit :rofl-lol:

10 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

Axl likes to make them make mistakes but Slash is really focused on nailing his parts. Looks like a fun little game they got going. I would love to see what would happen if Slash messed with Axl's mic haha 

Don't know how Axl would take it with the mic. As much as I would like to see this new Axl pushed to the limits or messed with, I wanna see them come to Europe first :D

Edited by MisterNo
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, MisterNo said:

The slaxl theory..

You guys seem to forget there was always tendion between them. They were never BFF. They both spoke about that.

After all that has been said after slash left gnr - I don't buy that they are on very good terms now. They have just made peace, amends so that this reunion could work out.

This is what I've always said, Axl and Slash never really got along in the first place.

• Like 1

best concert I've ever seen!

Axl, Slash, Duff, Richard, Dizzy, Frank and Melissa rocked it!

I can't believe how amazing Axl sounded last night. It was like 1991 all over again.

AT&T stadium was a very nice venue. Everything went smooth with parking and getting into the venue. Prices were so damn high. $10 for two bottles of water! Unreal!

We all got shirts and they had tons to pick from. I got the shirt with the AFD logo with the guns behind them and the concert dates on the back. Also got the $10 poster.

I never screamed so much in my life! Slash looked like he did in 1988. The guy's guitar playing was unreal! This is the GNR everyone has been waiting for!

GNR played songs I never heard live before and Axl sung the shit out of all the songs!

The only thing is I waited so long for Axl to actually touch Slash, which happened at the end of Nighttrain.

The solo with Slash and Richard was fantastic. Duff's solo rocked it too.

It was both amazing and surreal to see Axl, Slash and Duff onstage again after all these years. The venue was pretty much sold out except for the back of the stage. Those seats were closed off.

Paradise City at the end was just awesome! When it was over and the guys came out to say goodnight, Axl was next to Slash as they bowed.

I tell you this was the best night ever. Sharing it with my family was the best!

I'm was so damn happy to see so many GNR fans come out to support the band.

Axl asked if he should say "hello Dallas or Arlington because he wanted to get it right. Actually Arlington isn't part of the Dallas country, but who the hell cared!

GNR were here and that's all that matters!

GNR showed that they are still a force to be reckoned with and everyone was so damn happy about it!

9 minutes ago, fallglimmer said:

This is what I've always said, Axl and Slash never really got along in the first place.

Yeah, but hell they make beautiful music together! That's what matters in the end!

• Like 4

First off, awesome show.  Was there in the front row near center.  Worth every penny.

This whole Axl v Slash thing is a bit overrated.  They interacted about a much as they ever did which was more really then Axl interacted with Duff or any of the rest of the band really. They were out there rocking putting on a show.  Seemed normal to me.

Keep in mind that it would seem all the great singer/guitar player combo's (Mick & Keith, Daultry & Townsend, Tyler & Perry, and now Rose & Slash) barely get along if outright hate each other.  But they preserver for business reasons and for the fans.  They've learned over the years that they are better together than apart.  Unfortunately it took Axl and Slash longer to figure that out.

There are things I would change about the show if I was the one putting it together but that is personal taste and not to complain about.  Bottom line, it was something I thought I would never see.  I left exhausted and happy.

IMG_1391.JPG

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, WhazUp said:

hqdefault.jpg

image.jpeg

What I'm trying to dispel is this fan narrative that they were bffs, had a falling out, and now they are back again and NEED to be friends. They have both said they weren't really great friends back in the old days.

Edited by fallglimmer
  • Like 1