08/12/16 - Seattle, WA - Centurylink Field

downzy

5 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

18 GNR Classics to 4 New GNR songs. Pretty lopsided and one-sided

Considering Slash and Duff never played on that album just be glad you are getting even one CD era tune

Edited by WhazUp
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, ironmt said:

The majority of the people attending the shows do not want to hear songs off of Chinese Democracy. They are attending wanting to hear the 18 GNR songs from the Slash and Duff era as you mentioned above.  This statement has nothing to do with criticizing the album and Is not Intended as an attempt to start an argument as to whether or not the songs themselves are any good. It Is just meant to state a fact.

^^^^^^Agreed. 

They did a good job with Chinese Democracy, Better, and This I Love.  But I still would have rather had them do Patience, My Michelle, and Locomotive.  But with those three songs I can't complain too much because Slash has enhanced those tunes.

Catcher in the Rye did not go over well with the crowd.  Probably the only "dull" moment in the entire show.  I was in the pit, and everyone just kinda stood there during that one.  By the time we got to Paradise City things were over the top Awesome once again!

Edited by BadApples87
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, BadApples87 said:

^^^^^^Agreed. 

They did a good job with Chinese Democracy, Better, and This I Love.  But I still would have rather had them do Patience, My Michelle, and Locomotive.  But with those three songs I can't complain too much because Slash has enhanced those tunes.

Catcher in the Rye did not go over well with the crowd.  Probably the only "dull" moment in the entire show.  I was in the pit, and everyone just kinda stood there during that one.  By the time we got to Paradise City things were over the top Awesome once again!

Yea, there was like 10 people cheering for Catcher, but I was one of them so I don't care that other people didn't know it :lol:

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BadApples87 said:

^^^^^^Agreed. 

They did a good job with Chinese Democracy, Better, and This I Love.  But I still would have rather had them do Patience, My Michelle, and Locomotive.  But with those three I can't complain because Slash has enhanced those tunes.

I also believe he enhanced the songs, especially the Better Intro. If I had a choice I would eliminate the four Chinese songs all together and replace them with Pretty Tied Up, Breakdown, Locomotive and Yesterdays. I understand that this Is nothing more than a fantasy on my part but It wouldn't bother me In the least to not hear anything off of Chinese Democracy and I think that the majority attending the shows feel the same way. Glad you got to attend and had a great time.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

I'm upset only 4 Chinese Democracy songs played every show with 18 GNR songs from slash and duff years played every night. if axl likes the Chinese songs so much why does axl only play 4 of them?

Well, they play 4 songs (not counting the covers) from each of the Illusions per night to. 
Last show they played 8 AfD songs, 4 CD songs, 4 UYI I songs, 3 UYI III songs and 0 Lies songs.

Since this is generally regarded by fans and media as a reunion tour you should be glad they play any CD song at all! 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, onurbayrak03 said:

I guees Axl reached his peak vocally in Houston. Maybe it was because of the hot weather and humid. 

Nah, he still put on a great show, and after almost 40 shows this year, it is fine to have a little bit off night, but still great.

Edited by lassie

13 hours ago, evergreen_layne said:

Just got back from Seattle.  The boys (and Mellissa :headbang:) came at us hard last night.  "Its So Easy' led things off and they let us know they weren't fucking around this was gonna be a full-on aural assault.  Highlight of the show for me was Estranged.  Just beautiful perfection.  Frank really elevated that song.  I was listening to the studio version on the way home and was wishing there was a studio version with Frank (Sorry Matt :o).  

Another highlight was watching the big 3 + Dizzy and Frank getting down on Civil War especially near the end when the keys come in staccato style and the pace starts to pick up.  They were all bouncing around and feeling it.

Never seen so many middle aged white guys getting emotional and smiling and maybe crying a lil bit.  

I am now 100% GNR satiated.  Well maybe 99% I'm currently watching Live in Tokyo '92.  :lol:

Cool to read that someone  likes Frank :)

He is not as  bad  as all the people say he is, he is a great drummer  if not he would  not  be in gnr :)

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BadApples87 said:

^^^^^^Agreed. 

In the US nowadays people just kinda stood there anyway, doesn't matter what song they're playing

the fact slash and duff show skills on the Chinese Democracy songs: Chinese democracy, This I Love, Better, and Catcher in the Rye tells a story why there should be more songs from the Chinese album performed and because Axl said in the China Exchange interview his fav songs to play live are the Chinese Democracy songs. so why doesn't Axl show it by adding songs like Shackler's, Prostitute, Madagascar, If The World, There was a Time, IRS among others to the NITL setlist?

38 minutes ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

the fact slash and duff show skills on the Chinese Democracy songs: Chinese democracy, This I Love, Better, and Catcher in the Rye tells a story why there should be more songs from the Chinese album performed and because Axl said in the China Exchange interview his fav songs to play live are the Chinese Democracy songs. so why doesn't Axl show it by adding songs like Shackler's, Prostitute, Madagascar, If The World, There was a Time, IRS among others to the NITL setlist?

No, just...NO

With the exception of There Was a Time, the other songs mentioned in the last sentence stink.  Catcher stinks also.

50 minutes ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

Agreed, I'd love to hear this line-up do more CD songs, especially Prostitute, Street of Dreams and If The World.

Edited by Gordon Comstock

1 hour ago, Night Drive Lonelinessl said:

My guess is Axl WILL show it. There is no point in jumping to conclusions like this so early into the tour. If the tour supposedly is going to continue as reported late into 2017 then there is tons of time to evenly space out all the songs from CD to make an appearance (Slash did it the same way on the WOF tour). We have already gotten several songs from CD and we are only 2 months into the tour.

The only song I'm concerned about is Shacklers because that might not be a song Slash could get behind but he might just play it anyway.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown