08/15/16 - Glendale, AZ - University of Phoenix Stadium

downzy

17 minutes ago, PsychoKiss344 said:

I love how Slash is just sitting there chilling while Axl is going crazy 

Good old days..!

2 minutes ago, BlackHoleGravity said:

I was at the Phx show...all I can say is that I loved it...they gave it their all, no phoning it in for sure!!

I think with Houston, probably best shows of the tour so far.

Not to forget.. WE NEED A BLU-RAY NOW.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Original said:

That is vintage Axl!  I've watched the Patience video probably 15 times...love it.  Axl is so happy to have Slash n Duff back.

He's clearly got in a lot better shape since Detroit, he wasn't running much then! Anyone notice how he brought back the jumping in the guitar bridge in Better the other night too? I thought

he wouldn't want to do any jumping again but the foot must be good...THAT or he's got jealous watching Slash's hops :P 

• Like 1

On 2016-08-16 at 6:10 PM, Blackstar said:

It's So Easy & Mr. Brownstone

Great videos thx!! i feel rather obsessed.. been watching videos from every show on this tour :D

Is it just me who wants a longer Nightrain solo? Axl resume his singing just when Slash's solo is on fire :o feels way to short, ive been thinking of that every Nightrain video

11 minutes ago, Sweden_Loves_GnR said:

Great videos thx!! i feel rather obsessed.. been watching videos from every show on this tour :D

Is it just me who wants a longer Nightrain solo? Axl resume his singing just when Slash's solo is on fire :o feels way to short, ive been thinking of that every Nightrain video

Agreed, the solo used to be longer in NuGNR days right? Fair play though, Slash gets plenty of long solos, I guess! 

26 minutes ago, Sweden_Loves_GnR said:

100% That actually happens a few times during the shows.. I think Axl came in even earlier at time sin April though. Maybe he was just getting restless in the chair or something. Slash definitely seems to have more freedom now than in April, but a few more bars of solos would be great. Especially on Nightrain.. Paradise City too..

I feel the same when it comes to Fortus soloing on KOHD and Rocket Queen.. I'd rather just let Slash catch a groove and tear shit up.. KOHD has gotten much better though. Just watched the Met Life one this morning.. Good shit right there.

• Like 3

Axl is showing all he has with this tour! it's just amazing how much fun the band is having and how well they play together. It's like 25 years never happened. It's like riding a bike again.

It shows you how great these guys are and the addition of Richard, Dizzy, Melissa and Frank is the final piece.

I'm so happy this tour was a huge success. I wish it to continue forever.

• Like 3

That passion on Nightrain is just fucking awesome!

Played it since 85, and they still play it like the day after they released the song. 

Fucking superhero!

And that Patience? Fuck man, we are back motherfuckers!

Please, for fucks sake, come to Norway!!

Thanx for the periscopes boys and girls, makes my heart beat faster and faster.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, andy_rose said:

That passion on Nightrain is just fucking awesome!

Played it since 85, and they still play it like the day after they released the song. 

Fucking superhero!

And that Patience? Fuck man, we are back motherfuckers!

Please, for fucks sake, come to Norway!!

Thanx for the periscopes boys and girls, makes my heart beat faster and faster.

Nightrain live is incredible. i love the video of it at the concert in Vegas i attended in April, it totally kicked ass! i hope they come to Norway too but they need to come back here by where i live soon. i NEED to see them again! :dance:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ZoSoRose said:

Slash broke a string and played an improv super long solo on Nightrain in Detroit. Axl came in early and decided "fuck it" and just kept screaming. Best version of the song ever for me

Is there a video for it?  please post it here 

On 16.08.2016 at 11:13 PM, riot said:

Sorry if it pisses you off but steven adler has been with gnr for a really small amount of time and has not been in this band since 1990. I know you know. It's just a reminder.

No matter how great appetite is, gnr's catalogue include other albums than appetite and an average ep

everybody knows adler is gnr :D

afd is gnr's  best album, it's a common fact. no argue with this. 

lies is not an average EP, it has 8 songs (most classic rock and metal albums have 8 songs) and all those songs are CLASSY(ic) GNR songs. No matter how big it was POST AFD GNR became a joke compared to AFD GNR after Steven and Izzy left. 

UYIs are awesome, TSI is OK and CD is like OK, but the essence of GNR is AFD and LIES to me. 

Just watched patience.  That was fantastic.  I love the full rasp ending.  That's impressive, but doing it while running back and forth without being out of breath, unbelievable.  Axl is continuing to improve with each show.  I really didn't think we would get this level of rasp, enthusiasm and showmanship again.  It's a great time to be a GNR fan. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

Axl is showing all he has with this tour! it's just amazing how much fun the band is having and how well they play together. It's like 25 years never happened. It's like riding a bike again.

It shows you how great these guys are and the addition of Richard, Dizzy, Melissa and Frank is the final piece.

I'm so happy this tour was a huge success. I wish it to continue forever.

:headbang:

• Like 2