Frank Ferrer

3 hours ago, Bono said:

Seriously GTFO with this crap notion that Matt doesn't fit GnR. Do you like the Illusion albums? Did you enjoy the Illusion era  tour? This bullshit revisionist, hipster wannbe attitude that Matt doesn't fit GnR and doesnt' sound good is such fucking horseshit I'm not even sure why I dignify it with a response. Not for one second did any of you who spew this bullshit claim this crap when the Illusions came out and not one of you actually believe that Matt's drumming doesn't fit or sound good on the Illusion albums. It's just crap for the sake of crap cause you people need to hear yourself speak or more accurately need to see your words in text. So again kindly GTFO with this bullshit. I'm so sick of listening to such douchery.

For the record the reason Matt should be there is because he played on 3/5 of REAL GnR studio albums and toured with them at the absolute peak of their fame and he has unreal chemistry with Duff and Slash. So no, I'm sorry I'm not picking Matt just because he's Matt. Thinking that's the reason I would pick him is what's truly idiotic but thanks for coming out. 

The fact that I love the Illusions has nothing to do with Matt playin' drums in those records. Illusions are great albums and IMO woul've been better albums with adler. He's a hell of a drummer and solid, but his drums part changed the sound of the band, that's a fact.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Tom-Ass said:

There are million out there.. Anyone that doesn't blatantly fuck up and change the feel of these classic songs.. 99% of the people would rather Izzy over Fortus. There is no outcry to boot about Fortus though, because he does his job good enough.

Fortus is a rythm guitar and as much as I love Izzy, his guitar parts are not to complicated, so without Izzy Fortus fits. But the drummer is another story.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, madison said:

Huh? This is a REUNION tour.

It is? What has been reunited apart from Axl and Slash? This is definitely not a band reunion because the band we have is a mixture of "nuGuns" with some old members joining.

If the WERE going for a reunion tour, then Melissa, Richard and Frank should be replaced with Izzy (or Gilby) and Steven (or Matt). Ideally, I would prefer the AFD lineup and no Dizzy, too.

• Like 4

You know what? I'm really glad I don't have an ear for drumming. No matter who is holding the sticks, it all sounds exactly the same to me. I can understand that some drummers have more stage charisma or fan loyalty than others. But I'm just grateful that Guns N' Roses are a band, playing a show tomorrow night and that the people attending will have a great time. 

• Like 3

It's not meant to be a reunion tour. It was phrased as a regrouping. And the line up looks more like Slash and Duff joining new Guns. But it has been sold/marketed like a reunion. it's kind of picking up where UYI left off. The two problems were Tobias and Sorum. Fortus maybe the solution to that Gilby/Tobias dilemma. And Frank isn't as robotic as Matt. So they can go back and finish that 96-97 album they were working on. 

The choice of drummer now doesn't impact or change Matt's standing in the band's history.

Just because people want to see Axl and Slash together again, doesn't somehow validate Frank's standing as the Gn'R drummer.

No one is dropping $250+ a ticket because the great Frank Ferrer is playing drums.

5 minutes ago, FuriousStyles said:

The choice of drummer now doesn't impact or change Matt's standing in the band's history.

Just because people want to see Axl and Slash together again, doesn't somehow validate Frank's standing as the Gn'R drummer.

No one is dropping $250+ a ticket because the great Frank Ferrer is playing drums.

Personally, I dropped my money to see Dizzy play the bongos.

• Like 4

No one is complaining about Fortus cause he does his job awesome... Between him and Gilby (given that Izzy does not want to participate) it would be a tough call... I consider Fortus the best guitarist in post SLash era... he is even rhythmic better than Izzy and Slash, but not songwriting wise... that's why there's no backlash regarding his status in teh band... while Frank on the other hand is the worst possible choice...get back Adler and Matt for the same price... I dont understand people who say Adler is unreliable... I mean CAN somebody EXPLAIN how he isnt able to play 7 songs from appetite and Civil War for 25 date tour.... I mean WHAAAAT????

Edited by scooby845
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

No one is complaining about Fortus cause he does his job awesome... Between him and Gilby (given that Izzy does not want to participate) it would be a tough call... I consider Fortus the best guitarist in post SLash era... he is even rhythmic better than Izzy and Slash, but not songwriting wise... that's why there's no backlash regarding his status in teh band... while Frank on the other hand is the worst possible choice...get back Adler and Matt for the same price... I dont understand people who say Adler is unreliable... I mean CAN somebody EXPLAIN how he isnt able to play 7 songs from appetite and Civil War for 25 date tour.... I mean WHAAAAT????

Oh, he is capable of playing 7 songs. The thing is he's always been the weak one about stay sober and all that stuff.

1 minute ago, mikebones said:

Oh, he is capable of playing 7 songs. The thing is he's always been the weak one about stay sober and all that stuff.

then you insert back-up drummer... sorum and frank know all songs... problem solved isn't it?

11 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

then you insert back-up drummer... sorum and frank know all songs... problem solved isn't it?

yeah, but do you need two drummers if you have Sorum already? Because in Adler's case i do see necessary two drummers.

Just now, mikebones said:

yeah, but do you need two drummers if you have Sorum already? Because in Adler's case i do see necessary two drummers.

well yea? that was the initial intention wasnt it.... adler to play AFD and sorum everything else... 

3 hours ago, madison said:

Huh? This is a REUNION tour. You know, seeing the guys who actually CREATED the music that brought GNR to the top of the music world? 

There's a reason both Steven and Matt were inducted into the Rock Hall of Fame - BOTH played a big role in GNR's success. Both are alive and want to be part of this tour - there's just no reason in the world for a "replacement" drummer to be brought in. 

thats absolutely true...there is simply no need for frank. even if steven is injured....matt is the man for this job. even steven said so. and since cd didn't work out perfectly that would have been a great opportunity to rework these songs with the real gnr....i have nothing against frank, but he shouldn't be part of the gnr legacy as long steven and matt are willing to drum.

Just now, mikebones said:

I meant it has no sense have Sorum and Ferrer if one can play everything.

no you dont understand what i wanna say... adler and sorum himself said in intwrview they had no problems with adler playing AFD ans sorum everything else... what i meant was to have sorum as a back up drummer since he is cool with it... i didn;t think of a option with both sorum and frank as back up drummers...

2 hours ago, wasted said:

It's not meant to be a reunion tour. It was phrased as a regrouping. And the line up looks more like Slash and Duff joining new Guns. But it has been sold/marketed like a reunion. it's kind of picking up where UYI left off. The two problems were Tobias and Sorum. Fortus maybe the solution to that Gilby/Tobias dilemma. And Frank isn't as robotic as Matt. So they can go back and finish that 96-97 album they were working on. 

2 hours ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

Stopped right there. Get your facts straight please, then we can argue. But the posters above me have already told you that.

Oh please. The entire tour has been hyped and promoted as GNR appearing onstage for the first time in 23 years. This is the ONLY reason it can book stadiums - Otherwise, it would be small arenas and clubs.  

Last time I checked, it had not been 23 years since Frank last played. 

You can play word semantics all you like. But at the end of the day, fans are buying tickets to see the guys who CREATED this music - not another replacement lineup. 

• Like 3

20 minutes ago, madison said:

Oh please. The entire tour has been hyped and promoted as GNR appearing onstage for the first time in 23 years. This is the ONLY reason it can book stadiums - Otherwise, it would be small arenas and clubs.  

You can play word semantics all you like. But at the end of the day, fans are buying tickets to see the guys who CREATED this music - not another replacement lineup. 

The general public only cares about Axl and Slash. With slash back in the band, GNR found their mainstream appeal again and people find a reason to go, and they REALLY want to go now. The fact of the matter is Axl never went "let's get the band back together", but more of a happy accident type of thing that allowed him to invite both slash and duff back into the entity that is GNR right now. There was never a full blown "reunion". Nothing has been reunited except Axl and Slash.

The people dont care about Izzy or Adler (which is a shame) and they will go to a GNR show if they are in town regardless. It would do almost nothing to boost ticket sales to invite back Adler or Izzy as full time members to the line up at this point. And on the case of Matt, hes good for nothing other than nostalgia. I would still like Matt to drum instead of Ferrer though, but not because he's good for GNR, but because Ferrer sucks giant balls on some songs that get their trademark groove from a loose drum style from Adler like Mr Brownstone, which Frank completely rapes. Atleast Matt doesnt fuck up the whole tune with his drumming, and it's a better choice than picking one of the other hired guns that were in "Guns N Roses" the last few decades.

Edited by StrangerInThisTown

19 minutes ago, madison said:

That is absolutely incorrect.    You are looking for things that aren't there or reading things wrong.  I don't know.    The press release says straight up that its Axl, Slash, and Duff.    

BTW, Frank is an awesome drummer. 

Here, read this.    http://www.gunsnroses.com/news/title/not-in-this-lifetime-tour

NOT IN THIS LIFETIME TOUR

LOS ANGELES (April 1, 2016) - Following months of intense rumor, speculation and feverish excitement from rock music fans around the world, Guns N' Roses confirmed today they will embark on a massive North American summer stadium tour as founder Axl Rose and former members, Slash and Duff McKagan regroup for what will be one of the century's most anticipated musical events.

Check out the tour page for dates, Nightrain preasle, and on-sale times.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Bono said:

Apparently. Totally forgot about that. Having said that what's the actual reason. I'm sure we'd all like to know. Did his physical limitations happen before or after he was told he wouldn't be the guy. 

My understanding is that Frank was always set to be the drummer but it was rumored that they were looking to give Adler a guest spot for a song or two, much like Izzy has done the last few years.  

Who knows, maybe he will still guest on the tour.     I don't expect it. 

But with Axl, Slash, Duff, Dizzy, you have 4/6 of the UYI lineup and Richard and Frank have both been in the band playing these songs for years, so.. this should be a solid touring lineup.    Definitely better than the DJ Ashba era.

God not this stuff again...  It is like the same posts over and over...

@madison tell us exactly why Steven is not there then, what is the reason? You make it seem like poor little Stevie....  Maybe Guns don't want him, maybe he "hurt" his back, Maybe he is using again?  We simply don't know so to get all upset about it changes nothing.

Also the vast majority of fans outside of some here do not give a shit who is on drums, however unfortunate that may be it is the truth, people for the most part are paying to see Axl and Slash on the same stage together. Let's wait till tomorrow to see how ticket sales are going... that will tell us way more about what people are thinking.

Frank has been selected, he isn't a replacement at all, he never left....

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, StrangerInThisTown said:

The general public only cares about Axl and Slash. With slash back in the band, GNR found their mainstream appeal again and people find a reason to go, and they REALLY want to go now. The fact of the matter is Axl never went "let's get the band back together", but more of a happy accident type of thing that allowed him to invite both slash and duff back into the entity that is GNR right now. There was never a full blown "reunion". Nothing has been reunited except Axl and Slash.

The people dont care about Izzy or Adler (which is a shame) and they will go to a GNR show if they are in town regardless. It would do almost nothing to boost ticket sales to invite back Adler or Izzy as full time members to the line up at this point. And on the case of Matt, hes good for nothing other than nostalgia. I would still like Matt to drum instead of Ferrer though, but not because he's good for GNR, but because Ferrer sucks giant balls on some songs that get their trademark groove from a loose drum style from Adler like Mr Brownstone, which Frank completely rapes. Atleast Matt doesnt fuck up the whole tune with his drumming, and it's a better choice than picking one of the other hired guns that were in "Guns N Roses" the last few decades.

The general public doesn't care about Guns N' Roses (this isn't 1992 - Guns N' Roses doesn't have current hits on the charts). Guns N' Roses fans care about Guns N' Roses, and a lot of them want the original lineup. 

Edited by sonofnazareth
  • Like 1