Frank Ferrer

I wanted to chim in on all this Frank can't play drumms crap but I got an invitation from the top banner to marry an Ukrainian girl so I'd rather check that out first and see what happens.

• Like 3

On April 5, 2016 at 7:36 AM, Stefanslash said:

Frank is a good drummer but I just don't think he fits the line up he plays loudly and he sounds separate from the band it doesn't fit

What are your thoughts?

I tend to agree but to be fair, we are watching and hearing via people's phones.  Drums carry over differently from other sound elements.  I'd value the opinion of someone who heard it live from the arena.

It's just wishful thinking so Frank isn't so bad after all... Just check the videos I posted page before. Recordings can tell you if drumming is good or not, microphone won't capture unnecessary noises as much as human ears.

Edited by Ralphelmo

On 05/04/2016 at 11:54 AM, Tom-Ass said:

I am sure he is a great drummer and a great guy but his drumming in Guns N' Roses blows.... It has nothing to do with not being Steven Adler either.. If he played the songs right no one would give a fuck or notice him. He changes the feel and sound of songs.. Maybe it is an ego thing, but there are classic parts of songs that can simply be duplicated and not tinkered with.. As others have mentioned Rocket Queen, Brownstone You Could Be Mine are big offenders...

EXACTLY

i dont care how nice this guy is or how much of a good drummer he is

he is speeding up the songs... and its awful... that was the worst version of double talking jive EVER, and many other songs were just wrong

where is steven?

• Like 2

He messed up the beat again on Estranged tonight.   Very annoying and hard to enjoy when the rest of the band play it so well.   It ain't hard Frank...learn the beat you loser.  Thousands of drummers around the world would kill for your job, you have it, so do it right.

This guy must be on some bad speed or something, cause he really is throwing off the band with too many of his bad fills. Let's not even mention his bad tempo-ing... sheesh. Awful.

Luckily Marc confirmed Popcorn injured his back and is on the mend. He must be coming back... which would explain the drum set-up Ferrer's using now.. :-)

Edited by AncientEvil80

2 hours ago, Chuzeville said:

In this video, around 0:36, you can actually see Duff showing Frank the beat, the way a conductor would.

Sounds to me like he couldn't hear Slash's guitar through his monitors, can't think of any other way a professional would lose the time on something like that. I've only seen it once, but the Jungle flub to me sounded a bit like him not being able to hear Slash's guitar either, it happens. If Frank's on in-ears though, there's no excuse for dropping clams like these.

21 minutes ago, Nicklord said:

That's the way they decided to play Rocket Queen, DTJ and some otheres. 

Rocket Queen was one of the songs I was looking the most forward to and it sucked all around. The drums were god awful and not too big on how Fortus plays it either.  Night and day over the Conspirators take.. They fucking nail it.

• Like 2

I like when Frank beats the shit out of the toms like on coma or you can be mine but GNR is definitely missing that sleazy swagger.  Yeah the songs are insanely fast slash isn't even getting his trademark licks in It is wierd.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, AncientEvil80 said:

This guy must be on some bad speed or something, cause he really is throwing off the band with too many of his bad fills. Let's not even mention his bad tempo-ing... sheesh. Awful.

Luckily Marc confirmed Popcorn injured his back and is on the mend. He must be coming back... which would explain the drum set-up Ferrer's using now.. :-)

Where did Marc confirm this?

IMO, Frank is doing a solid job and we're being overly critical.

The most solid players who never miss a beat and keep perfect tempo are Duff and Richard. Slash can meander here and there with his rhythm, and I think Frank tries to keep in time with him all the time vs. Duff. That's what I heard a few times Friday night - Slash would go off a tad, and Frank would try to catch it.

Also keep in mind this is the first time Frank's played with this group in a live setting. Give him a few more shows to get into the groove and pick up on the little things. I do dig his straight fwd style, but if he's still flubbing in a month, I'll join the rest of you! haha.

17 hours ago, fastfingers666 said:

He's the best all-around Guns drummer imo. Adler definitely slays AFD against anyone, and Sorum is better on USI, but for one drummer to play both eras, he's does both decently (albeit not as good as the individuals).

Brain ftw

33 minutes ago, SWINGTRADER said:

This man destroyed Rocket Queen( I love this song) to the point that if they don't fix it fast, I will use it as a piss break when they come to San Diego. The man is not a GNR drummer,

Frank should be required to watch this video a 100 times.

I so don't wanna agree with you. But I do :( Rocket Queen was just painful last night.

1 hour ago, Walapino said:

Frank is a solid drummer but he doesnt play well Estranged, RQ, Dont Cry, N Rain, etc he either speeds them, enters late or does to may drumfills for my taste! 

So in other words, he is a solid drummer who fucks up the GNR catalog.

At this point they should just bring Adler back even if they have to stick a pole to his back to support it. I don't care if we call it Crippled n' Roses, something needs to be done.

I would take Matt at this point. 

Edited by SWINGTRADER
  • Like 1

Frank is an excellent drummer, and after seeing them live this weekend, I am even more convinced that Axl was right to keep him on board.   

No disrespect meant for drummers past, but Frank is the drummer for this era of GnR.  

I really really love the core band of Slash, Duff, Fortus, and Frank. 

• Like 3