Ticket Demand?

The Stones used a scam called "flex pricing" they only released a small amount of cheap seats, if you can call $150 cheap, in the initial sale and banked on fans panicking and buying the expensive seats early. Later they progressively dropped the prices of the expensive seats the closer it got to show day. They also offered the "mystery tickets" option for less than $100 so you could get a ticket but would not know where you were sitting until you got to the show and got your seats. They increased the number of mystery tickets for a venue depending on how a show was selling. I got lower level "mystery tickets" for both Stones shows for about $50 each and was siting next to people who paid $650 for a ticket during the initial sales.

Just a guess but I am willing to bet you will be able to get decent seats day of show in the parking lots of these big stadiums for much less than face.......

Edit: Just checked Boston and you can get seat just about anywhere in the Stadium. The only sections blocked out are in front of the stage and a few upper level sections. Might just wait until close to show to see if I can grab a decent seat below face.........

Edit 2: now that I check actual seats most of the stadium is sold out with only singles and resale's available so I take it back...Boston sold very well

Edited by classicrawker

1 minute ago, moreblack said:

Not always, they played the exact same buildings in a good number of cities.

Other than festivals, I can't recall VR doing stadiums on the regular. I might just be misremembering - did VR do an outdoor football stadium tour? In Chicago, they only ever did the Allstate Arena (not even the biggest b-ball arena in the city), never the United Center (bigger b-ball arena) much less Soldier Field.

1 hour ago, fallglimmer said:

Most people I've talked to didn't even know  Slash wasn't in the band before

Yeah, there are quite a few people like this, it's funny. They completely missed the whole Axl/Slash fall-out and nuGNR period. :lol:

4 hours ago, P1g Vomit said:

Go to the website and use the interactive map. I was interested in seeing how the Detroit show was doing too so yesterday I went to the interactive map and literally counted all the unsold seats. It just took me 10 minutes, and there were only 2,547 unsold seats by my count. And ford field can fit 50,000 people.

SOB please post more here!

We need more people with chilled out brains over here

P.S. you recordings are amazing!

1 minute ago, classicrawker said:

The Stones used a scam called "flex pricing" they only released a small amount of cheap seats, if you can call $150 cheap, in the initial sale and banked on fans panicking and buying the expensive seats early. Later they progressively dropped the prices of the expensive seats the closer it got to show day. They also offered the "mystery tickets" option for less than $100 so you could get a ticket but would not know where you were sitting until you got to the show and got your seats. They increased the number of mystery tickets for a venue depending on how a show was selling.

Just a guess but I am willing to bet you will be able to get decent seats day of show in the parking lots of these big stadiums for much less than face.......

@ Metlife is never a good idea to try this.  Between the cost of parking and the fact that like 30%-40% of the people taking the train there are almost never any scalpers around.  It's not worth it for people with extras to go through the whole ordeal of heading out there trying to sell and it's not a good idea to head out there without tickets.  I have Giants season tickets and I have only seen a handful of scalpers in almost 10 years.  I tried to do it this way for Wrestlemania a few years ago and was not able to get into something for like the 1st time in my life.  There was literally ZERO people outside an event with 75,000 people selling outside before it started.

1 hour ago, Nicklord said:

@DieselDaisy

Have you ever stepped outside UK? Because UK and the rest of Europe are 2 very different things.

Hmm, well the United Kingdom is geographically Europe, and also is in (as I speak) the European Union, so I do not understand what you are grasping at here, (it is usually an indigenous Briton making the argument for British isolationism and exceptionalism!), however, I have traveled extensively in Europe - especially in Italy and Spain. Do you not agree that Europe - Spain, Greece and Ireland but also the rest of Europe - is broke? Do you not agree that the goateed wrestling fans, the type of person buying Guns N' Roses tickets in America, are a specie almost non-existent in Europe?

Edited by DieselDaisy
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, axlslash said:

Other than festivals, I can't recall VR doing stadiums on the regular. I might just be misremembering - did VR do an outdoor football stadium tour? In Chicago, they only ever did the Allstate Arena (not even the biggest b-ball arena in the city), never the United Center (bigger b-ball arena) much less Soldier Field.

I meant compared to NuGNR in the same time period, following their respective tours and they'd play the same buildings in some cities.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, moreblack said:

I meant compared to NuGNR in the same time period, following their respective tours and they'd play the same buildings in some cities.

Gotcha. Shit, yeah, VR played the same buildings and sold a hell of a lot more tickets.

28 minutes ago, Saltzy said:

@ Metlife is never a good idea to try this.  Between the cost of parking and the fact that like 30%-40% of the people taking the train there are almost never any scalpers around.  It's not worth it for people with extras to go through the whole ordeal of heading out there trying to sell and it's not a good idea to head out there without tickets.  I have Giants season tickets and I have only seen a handful of scalpers in almost 10 years.  I tried to do it this way for Wrestlemania a few years ago and was not able to get into something for like the 1st time in my life.  There was literally ZERO people outside an event with 75,000 people selling outside before it started.

Yeah I have been to MetLife before and see your point as it is not easy to get to.

My experience at Boston Gillette is there will be a mob of people selling tickets in the lots. The only questions is how many will sell below face...........:shrugs:

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If they booked stadia in Europe, similar sized venues to the ones in the United States, the tour will flop like a pair of granny's breasts. The English for instance are not bothered about GN'R as they await Oasis's return. We don't have that white trash goateed wrestling sub-culture that America has, that provides the lion's share of Guns N' Roses crowds. Also, Europe is broke. Europe hasn't got two thre'penny bits to rub together.

Ehm, if they come to Italy for one or two shows, they could easily  book a big stadium like San Siro in Milan or Olimpico in Rome .. Italy is mad about GNR..  It's a band "you should see at least once in a lifetime". Plus a lot of occasional fans would attend..

;)

Edited by Italian girl

1 minute ago, Italian girl said:

Ehm, if they come to Italy for one or two shows, they could easily  book a big stadium like San Siro in Milan or Olimpico in Rome .. Italy is mad about GNR..  It's a band "you should see at least once in a lifetime". Plus a lot of occasional fans would attend..

I thought you lot liked Opera?

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

If they booked stadia in Europe, similar sized venues to the ones in the United States, the tour will flop like a pair of granny's breasts. The English for instance are not bothered about GN'R as they await Oasis's return. We don't have that white trash goateed wrestling sub-culture that America has, that provides the lion's share of Guns N' Roses crowds. Also, Europe is broke. Europe hasn't got two thre'penny bits to rub together.

I have. I'd go. :D

3 minutes ago, axlslash said:

And therein lies my problem! But seriously, it's too bad this tour is selling so badly. This PR team is clearly just incompetent.

"It's too bad this tour is selling so badly"  WTF are you talking about? 

4 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Well at those American prices there would just be you, in the VIP box, munching on a Prawn Sandwich.

Can I get that with dripping on it? :lol: To be fair, those "American prices" are still a fuckload cheaper than the Vegas prices. 

Edited by Dazey

3 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I took his post as sarcastic. Hopefully it was meant that way. 

Indeed it was. I was mocking the negative nancies bitching about how the band isn't doing "enough" propo/marketing. For my unsarcastic opinion:

2 hours ago, axlslash said:

It's super weird to sit here, without tickets because I didn't know until the day after the MetLife on-sale how much money I'd have to spend and now effectively priced out of the MetLife secondary market with the show a near-instant sellout, praying for a second show to get added, and people are talking about the tour needing more promo or saying that it isn't working. The internet is a silly place.

• Like 1