Ticket Demand?

I am bored and have way too much time on my hands tonight so I went Googling UYI tickets to see if I could see any prices on them. My own ticket stub is ripped and the price is gone. Ran the prices  I did find through this inflation calculator (http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl) Came up with this:

1. Florida Suncoast Dome, December 1991, Upper Deck: $16.50 ($28.72 in 2016 money)

2. Toledo OH Speedway July 1991, GA: $22.50 (39.17)

3. Los Angeles, Great Western Forum, July 1991, Colonnade West Row 13: $25.00 ($43.52)

4. Oakland Stadium with Metallica, August 1992, GA: $27.50; $30 ($52.23)

5. Joe Robbie Stadium, Miami, New Year's Eve 1991, Section 111: $16.50 ($28.72)

6. Houston Summit, January 1992, Section 236: $20 ($33.80)

Edited by stella

4 hours ago, stella said:

I am bored and have way too much time on my hands tonight so I went Googling UYI tickets to see if I could see any prices on them. My own ticket stub is ripped and the price is gone. Ran the prices  I did find through this inflation calculator (http://data.bls.gov/cgi-bin/cpicalc.pl) Came up with this:

1. Florida Suncoast Dome, December 1991, Upper Deck: $16.50 ($28.72 in 2016 money)

2. Toledo OH Speedway July 1991, GA: $22.50 (39.17)

3. Los Angeles, Great Western Forum, July 1991, Colonnade West Row 13: $25.00 ($43.52)

4. Oakland Stadium with Metallica, August 1992, GA: $27.50; $30 ($52.23)

5. Joe Robbie Stadium, Miami, New Year's Eve 1991, Section 111: $16.50 ($28.72)

6. Houston Summit, January 1992, Section 236: $20 ($33.80)

I think that times have changed drastically!

In the past, live shows helped selling albums. now the only way for artist to earn a lot of money is playng expensive shows..

we can find albums for free on the net,  concerts not.. so prices are growing up madly..

• Like 1

On ‎4‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 1:20 AM, Bono said:

Who the fuck pays that kind of money for their phone? Only a  dipshit would pay that much. I pay $45/month and have unlimited incoming and outgoing texting and calling anywhere in North America. You kids and your fancy "smart phones". Can't say the people who own them are all that smart if the're paying between $200-$300 a month for one. That's nearly a monthly car payment. 

I have a smart phone with unlimited everything for $45 a month. Straight Talk Pre-paid and I have better service than the contracted fools and equal or better experience.

• Like 1

For all of you feeling bad about seat prices, consider that I have been a GNR fan since I was 3 years old in 1990, My older brother got me hooked on them so I bought him and myself tickets for $278 total for 2 tickets, we live in the dead center of Wisconsin and have to drive 290 miles to Chicago to Soldier Field (My Beloved Packers bitter rivals house) and then be directed into the middle of section 430, which is close enough to bang your head on the bottom of the space station flying by in Earths Orbit just to see Axl Rose, Duff & Slash share the same stage together again! its worth the experience even though I think it sucks a hardcore fan like myself won't be able to really see them. I wish my seats were better, but its still better seating than going to Rock USA in Oshkosh and you actually get to see your favorite band play!. Plus I hope these tickets are just my safety net and I can find something waaay better!.

I have here a map of my seats, and a video I found on youtube of somebody in Section 431 near my section....yes nose bleed seats are actually an upgrade from where I'm at!

At 37 seconds into the video the endzone on the far end will be where the stage is :(

https://youtu.be/MbuVSN5B1-M

dmqhoz.jpg

• Like 1

Tickets in the U.K. if I remember correctly were £15 for the UYI shows. My first Guns show in 1987 was £5 at Newcastle City Hall it was downstairs seating only the Balcony was closed. Demand wasn't that high given they were a new band just starting out. By the time they played back in the region at Gateshead Stadium they were the biggest band on the planet.

1 minute ago, Braxon Raine said:

I've asked 9 different friends if they want to see GNR with me in Pittsburgh and the answer has been the same.  Yes, but can't afford it.  

same thing with metlife. none of my friends are really into gnr but they were down until they saw the prices. and now I might have to overpay to see it alone :facepalm: 

9 hours ago, ZoSoRose said:

Seems to be pretty decent. Floor and upper bowl are relatively sold out

Well that seems pretty good, especially since Detroit is probably the poorest market. But we make up for it by being known as Detroit Rocks City (best thing Kiss ever did). So we live music, especially rock and roll. I happen to know a few people that I would classify as "strapped for cash" that are STILL finding a way to see this show, so that just goes to show. 

How do you find this information btw?

On a different note, I was thinking, maybe they are not revealing the other hand on purpose? Giving away less information seems to be the way this tour is being done. So you wait a couple of weeks, see how well gnr sells the show alone, then if needed you announce the opening band to help boost sales. Or maybe you announce a BETTER opening band for the shows that are struggeling to SELL?

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

8 hours ago, bigpoop said:

I think the whole thing about the general public only caring about Axl and Slash is not really true. People may not be able to name all the members, but they have an image in their minds, and the band in the Vegas videos doesn't match it. This thing not being a full reunion is a big factor in my opinion.

I disagree completely. Yes SOME people might care, but they are the small miniority. Ticket prices are the biggest reason why some shows are struggeling, all other factors are secondary.

Surely if there's a problem with ticket sales now is the time to do those tv & magazine interviews to sell the shows. Just a side note it's really a shame Baz & Skid Row can't reconcile because I reckon that would be a hot ticket just like it was at Wembley Stadium in 1991 (NIN, Skid Row & Guns)

2 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

It should have been an arena tour. It has arena written all over it.

At the very least a mixture - stadiums in the bigger markets, arenas where things are smaller. They could have done what AC/DC did too. A short run of stadium summer gigs followed by an arena run in the smaller markets.

H

Surely if there's a problem with ticket sales now is the time to do those tv & magazine interviews to sell the shows. Just a side note it's really a shame Baz & Skid Row can't reconcile because I reckon that would be a hot ticket just like it was at Wembley Stadium in 1991 (NIN, Skid Row & Guns) Having said all that I'm pretty sure as more & more footage goes on to the Internet & people see a.) How good the band are playing  b.) The fact that everyone seems really happy to be sharing the stage. As the tour startsI expect ticket demand to go up again

2 hours ago, Iron MikeyJ said:

How do you find this information out?

Go to the website and use the interactive map. I was interested in seeing how the Detroit show was doing too so yesterday I went to the interactive map and literally counted all the unsold seats. It just took me 10 minutes, and there were only 2,547 unsold seats by my count. And ford field can fit 50,000 people.

Edited by P1g Vomit
  • Like 2

To me in sounds like tour is selling well with exception of Pitt,Kanas City and maybe Arizoan and Cleveland .16 out of 20 cities isn't that bad.Seen Sabbath a couple months ago at LA Forum place was jam packed they sold a tad over 14 thousand seats.If they were to play LA say Dodger Stadium it would take 3 nights at Forum to fit in as many people as 1 night in Forum.With the prices the promoters are paying the band per show unfortunately a stadium tour which I despise Stadium shows is the only way to go for them .Seen them in Vegas got a few friends making trek to San Diego a bunch that would go if they play LA I am on the fence even though I thought they sounded really good in Vegas 

On 07/04/2016 at 7:20 AM, Bono said:

Who the fuck pays that kind of money for their phone? Only a  dipshit would pay that much. I pay $45/month and have unlimited incoming and outgoing texting and calling anywhere in North America. You kids and your fancy "smart phones". Can't say the people who own them are all that smart if the're paying between $200-$300 a month for one. That's nearly a monthly car payment. 

In Portugal i pay +-11$ per month and have unlimited apps data, free 500 mins for calls and unlimited texting.

40 minutes ago, gt72 said:

To me in sounds like tour is selling well with exception of Pitt,Kanas City and maybe Arizoan and Cleveland .16 out of 20 cities isn't that bad.Seen Sabbath a couple months ago at LA Forum place was jam packed they sold a tad over 14 thousand seats.If they were to play LA say Dodger Stadium it would take 3 nights at Forum to fit in as many people as 1 night in Forum.With the prices the promoters are paying the band per show unfortunately a stadium tour which I despise Stadium shows is the only way to go for them .Seen them in Vegas got a few friends making trek to San Diego a bunch that would go if they play LA I am on the fence even though I thought they sounded really good in Vegas 

Not to pick...but they aren't playing Cleveland, believe you meant Cincinnati.

Generally, I am certain they are not freaking out at all...I imagine this is how they expected things to go with some struggles in the smallest market one week in.

theyll sell out any venue they play in LA including the Rose Bowl, which is where I expect they'll play before the end of the year.

Add in a decent support act and pump up the promo in the smaller markets a month before the show there and they'll sell enough to make it worth their while.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, P1g Vomit said:

No, some people are being over dramatic or don't understand the concert business. The tour hasn't even been on sale for a week and NJ, Boston, Chicago, Toronto, San Francisco, and San Diego are all sold out or 99% sold out(like 50 single seats scattered here and there) which will definetly be sold out by concert time.

Philly, Orlando, and Detroit are about 90% sold with 2-3 months left on sale. So I think  they'll be sold out by concert time.

houston and New Orleans I would say are about 80-90% sold with more than 3 months left on sale. I think both will sell out too.

Dallas, KC, and Cincinnati I have no idea cause there's no interactive map yet.

pittsburgh on the other hand I would consider the sales to be soft cause it's one of the earlier shows and it looks only a little over a half stadium full so far. But on the bright side even a show that draws 30,000 people would be equal to two sold out arena shows and should be profitable.

a lot of people freak out cause they don't see a show sold out right away. Especially when they compare gnr to artists who clim to have sold out stadiums when they don't realize a lot of time it's bs. A lot of artists say a show is sold out when all they did was lower the capacity of the stadium.

For instance one direction sold 35,513 tickets to the stadium in philly and called it a sell out.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Road_Again_Tour

But the tour before they actually did sell out the stadium twice and put over 50,000 people in there for each show.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/On_the_Road_Again_Tour

Madonna at ford field drew 30,119 people, they called it a sell out even though you could have fit 20,000 more people in there.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sticky_%26_Sweet_Tour

You can see on this chart other artist have put up to 50,000 people at ford field.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Field

Wow, thanks for that breakdown! 

I was a little worried about Detroit at first because of the raw map that pops up. Didn't think about looking at individual seats like you did. 

2500 left out of 50000 is awesome. I would guess it'll be sold out very soon in that case.