05/22/16 - Prague, Czech Republic - Letnany Airport

downzy

You guys are fucking crazy. Listened to BIB and Thunder and he sounded brilliant. Maybe this show wasn't as absolutely fucking incredible as the others, but it was still a good show. Maybe Axl has a touch of the flu? Who knows. Still sounded great to me anyway.

• Like 4

I just got back from the show. It was amazing, Axl sounded great and getting off the chair added more energy to the show. I really enjoyed it......BUT

......then I read your comments :blink:, it really made me sad 

Whatever, if you have any questions, let me know, I'll try to write a review

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, metalms said:

I read on some boards that he had a cold.  guess we will have to wait and see if we hear anything all guess work just in case it hasnt been posted already...

Damn, it's really bad, Axl is great with AC/DC because he can rasp like crazy, but when he needs clean voice it's just disaster.

It was great seeing Axl on feet during the whole show, he was moving a lot, even dancing. He was sitting only for a little while during one Angus's solo 

The crowd where I stood (front of stage) was great, people were dancing, singing and jumping, sometimes I couldn't see the stage and hear what Axl was saying, so I'm really surprised to read about zombies....

7 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

being on his feet for a full performance also probably made his leg hurt like hell the longer he was on it. hard to do anything well when you're in pain, or at least that's been my experience :shrugs:

I was very impressed with his pain tolerance, especially during those Vegas shows.

I broke my fibula once, and had a walking boot. When I sat & had it elevated, it didn't hurt too bad. But when I lowered it, the blood would rush down, and it hurt like an absolute MFer... I was amazed in Vegas, because I never saw so much as a grimace from him when he lowered it down... I don't think he could've been on too powerful of a painkiller either, because that would make him loopy... He's just been toughing it out. I tip my hat for that, for sure...

• Like 3

Axl's fine, that voice crack isn't a cause of poor singing. It's likely he was under the weather...he's flying all over Europe straight from the states and is interacting with different people and different climates everyday...it's very possible he's dealing with a cold. 

Im sure he will get better soon but singing every 3 days while being sick is not good. He sounds great though! I don't get the doom and gloom around here. Axl set the bar high at the first 3 shows but not everything is going to be perfect. I think his best shows are still ahead of him! I look forward to it.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

I was very impressed with his pain tolerance, especially during those Vegas shows.

I broke my fibula once, and had a walking boot. When I sat & had it elevated, it didn't hurt too bad. But when I lowered it, the blood would rush down, and it hurt like an absolute MFer... I was amazed in Vegas, because I never saw so much as a grimace from him when he lowered it down... I don't think he could've been on too powerful of a painkiller either, because that would make him loopy... He's just been toughing it out. I tip my hat for that, for sure...

i totally agree! I broke my ankle and foot years ago and I was in complete agony and I was ON strong painkillers. my surgeon told me that the injury I had, which seems similar to Axl's, is one of the sheerest pains you can have. and yeah I was in Vegas too and amazed he could even perform much less do it as great as he did :headbang:

33 minutes ago, AlexC said:

This is my fanatical analysis (albeit mostly guesswork off of mobile recordings): Axl didn't have enough time to warm up due to the early start. Got over excited for his first show without the throne and thought he was the shit and absolutely went for it harder than usual (you can hear him going sick on BiB, sicker than usual anyway) so he tired his voice out a bit too early in the show. Plus I think he was a little bit more drunk than usual judging by him swaggering around thinking he's the shit. Also he had a couple of lyrical mistakes (forgot the first "yeah, it's alright" on Thunderstruck. All these factors (which are probably wrong :p) resulted in a less than stellar performance. Axl's greatness is a double edged sword in my opinion. He overperforms to such an unbelievable degree sometimes, that when he doesn't quite reach that level he gets criticized for it.

Dude, stop saying Axl is an alcoholic! :anger:

And this is NOT his first show out of the throne. He did Vienna standing up most of the concert. Check your facts before saying BS.

I think Axl is sick. Here you can see him blowing his nose (around 1.15 min)

I know there's another recent video with the same situation but cant find it now..

And here, with scarf on, he looks purple at times. He's clearly feeling very cold here. Remember Axl lives in California and he's not used to this shit European weather:

12 minutes ago, killuridols said:

And this is NOT his first show out of the throne. He did Vienna standing up most of the concert. Check your facts before saying BS.

I know there's another recent video with the same situation but cant find it now..

And here, with scarf on, he looks purple at times. He's clearly feeling very cold here. Remember Axl lives in California and he's not used to this shit European weather:

I did acknowledge that my "analysis" was most likely wrong. Chill. I also never said he was an alcoholic. And this was the first show he's done were he's deliberately not used the throne at all through the entire show. Yes, someone said he sat down during one of Angus's solos. Probably Let There Be Rock. But yeah, I am up to date on what's going on, I'm not just posting any old shit and claiming it as fact, quite the opposite if you actually read my post and not cherry pick the parts that piss you off.

But yeah, he could be a bit sick. That's also a possibility.

Edited by AlexC

30 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Axl likes to drink, that's common knowledge. It doesn't make him an alcoholic. He's still a perfectly functioning individual, alcohol doesn't get in the way of his life, etc.

I like to have a couple drinks every day too - I guess that makes me an alcoholic, huh?

• Like 1

Just now, Powerage5 said:

Axl likes to drink, that's common knowledge. It doesn't make him an alcoholic. He's still a perfectly functioning individual, alcohol doesn't get in the way of his life, etc.

I like to have a couple drinks every day too - I guess that makes me an alcoholic, huh?

I know he does. But people here make it sound like he does too much (touch too much? lol), like he goes drunk onstage or something and that he actually has alcohol inside those red vases on his stage table. There's no proof there's alcohol in them, maybe yes, maybe not. IMHO, I think that'd be insane but I really dont know.

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I know he does. But people here make it sound like he does too much (touch too much? lol), like he goes drunk onstage or something and that he actually has alcohol inside those red vases on his stage table. There's no proof there's alcohol in them, maybe yes, maybe not. IMHO, I think that'd be insane but I really dont know.

Why would that be insane?

4 minutes ago, killuridols said:

That's not even close to him calling him an alcoholic though. Besides, even if he is drinking on stage, who really gives a shit? Plenty of artists do.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Powerage5 said:

That's not even close to him calling him an alcoholic though. Besides, even if he is drinking on stage, who really gives a shit? Plenty of artists do.

I don't think he's noticed that the music industry is soaked with alcohol.

6 minutes ago, Andy14 said:

So, here's my review

You could see all over Prague that something was going on today. I got to the venue at half past 3 and the waiting was terrible. The weather was really hot today (maybe the hottest day this year) and there was no escape from the sun, so I was really tired even before the show. I think Axl should buy me a huge present since I was there because of him :P

When the intro started I had goose bumps but it took me another 2 songs to finally see Axl, I was quite close to the stage (I think 10th row) but the people went crazy and I couldn't see shit. Axl sounded great to me, yes, there was a moment when his voice broke, but jesus, he's a human, he can't sound like a machine every single show. I was happy to see him moving around the stage, he was dancing and something like duck walking, it was funny. There was even a moment when he looked like he wanted to run :rofl-lol:. He went several times on the catwalk, so I could see him properly :drool:. The crazy thing about him was his outfit, it was hot as hell and not only was he wearing hat and jacket, he also had a shirt around his waiste :wacko: (I hoped to see without a hat and jacket, but that's Axl...)

He really stole the show, it was due to his move on the stage, more energy. For a while it seemed to me like Axl's concert with some guys playing in the background. He seems more confident now. As you've discussed here that TNT and Dirty Deeds shouldn't be played...they were among the songs with the biggest crowd reaction.

And yes, Angus and his solo. I thought that it would never end. Or not in this lifetime :max:. He really wanted to show who's the king. Sorry Angus, still Axl. 

The crowd was great where I was standing. Of course, there were older people who didn't move or sing but I'm pretty sure they enjoyed the show. 

I can't forget...Axl looked great (even with the stupid hats :max:), sometimes I could see his younger self, in his gestures, moves and face as well. :drool:

What a day! I'm happy to have seen it. And am sorry that you were kinda disappointed. Believe me, it wasn't bad at all. Sure, it makes a big difference watching it on YT or periscope and actually being there. 

Can't wait to see Axl with GNR :headbang:

Great to hear a review! I thought Axl looked like he put a little weight on in the mid section recently but he's been in a chair for a month so that could explain it. Glad to hear everyone had a great time though