05/22/16 - Prague, Czech Republic - Letnany Airport

downzy

I've gotta be honest, I don't think Touch Too Much sounds that good. First off, the riff sounds too twangy to me - Angus needs to do that palm-muting with the heavy accents from the studio version, that's what makes the song groove IMO. And I don't think it's the most suitable song for Axl's voice. When he goes for the high notes at the end the rasp is there, but most of the song sits in that range between his middle range and his falsetto. Very hard to deliver the rasp in that range, plus I don't think the rasp would song especially good on that one.

Still awesome they played it though. I'm curious to hear Dog Eat Dog now.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

I paid 20.00 for a beer at a concert here in the US back in 2012 and another 20.00 for a vodka tonic at Peter Frampton in 2014. at GN'R I wised up and had three cocktails from booze I brought from home at the hotel before the concert then I took some prescribed pain meds during the concert and had a pleasant buzz going on thru til it ended. it's ridiculous they way they overcharge for booze at events,  not just concerts but sports events and such. especially since the price of the tickets alone are often astronomically out of control :angry:

Hahaha, you could get 10 beers for that price at today's Prague gig. And people still complained :D 

Just now, Powerage5 said:

I've gotta be honest, I don't think Touch Too Much sounds that good. First off, the riff sounds too twangy to me - Angus needs to do that palm-muting with the heavy accents from the studio version, that's what makes the song groove IMO. And I don't think it's the most suitable song for Axl's voice. When he goes for the high notes at the end the rasp is there, but most of the song sits in that range between his middle range and his falsetto. Very hard to deliver the rasp in that range, plus I don't think the rasp would song especially good on that one.

Still awesome they played it though. I'm curious to hear Dog Eat Dog now.

Pretty sure they've played Dog Eat Dog already on this tour. I could be mistaken. I watched Riverplate again the other day so I could be getting confused with that.

20 minutes ago, killuridols said:

His bloated face is because of Botox or plastic surgery. Or just him being 54 years old. :shrugs:

Drinking during Nov Rain in Las Vegas? I haven't seen that. Please show me picture or video.

Yes, during the 2nd Las Vegas show there was a bottle of beer on his piano and he drank some before November Rain. 

2 minutes ago, oaka said:

Yes, during the 2nd Las Vegas show there was a bottle of beer on his piano and he drank some before November Rain. 

Ok, but I haven't seen that in other shows so for one time we can't say that he's always drinking alcohol.... On stage? I don't know... If it's just a sip I guess it's not too bad.

5 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Ok, but I haven't seen that in other shows so for one time we can't say that he's always drinking alcohol.... On stage? I don't know... If it's just a sip I guess it's not too bad.

He always had a table at the back of the stage full of red cups during NuGN'R and has a guy to refill his red cup on the chair. It's not water as he has a water bottle there as well. He's a rockstar. He likes to drink. Probably loosens him up for the show and helps with nerves etc. He probably just went a bit overboard tonight haha.

I don't really think it was that much of a off night from what I've seen so far. Back In Black is REALLY good even compared to other performances we've seen so far. 

Edited by BatVin

1 minute ago, AlexC said:

He always had a table at the back of the stage full of red cups during NuGN'R and has a guy to refill his red cup on the chair. It's not water as he has a water bottle there as well. He's a rockstar. He likes to drink. Probably loosens him up for the show and helps with nerves etc. He probably just went a bit overboard tonight haha.

I've seen that but I don't think they are alcohol cups at all. They must be juices, energetic drinks or probably tea with lemon and honey. 

Wouldn't it be too crazy for him to be drinking alcohol during the whole show? Hmmm

22 minutes ago, The Garden of Guns N Roses said:

Was the show really that bad today?? 

No I would not say that...I watched it live and for most of it, it was great.  Yet there were some iffy moments on certain songs. Maybe just an off day! 

8 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I've seen that but I don't think they are alcohol cups at all. They must be juices, energetic drinks or probably tea with lemon and honey. 

Wouldn't it be too crazy for him to be drinking alcohol during the whole show? Hmmm

Not at all, it's only 2 hours and he's singing for the most part. Only enough time for 4 or 5 beers. Plus what's he supposed to do during Angus's Let There Be Rock solo? :P

not bad.  its different from when he was sitting.  and now he is using his mickey voice again. .  i think its because while standing you cant hunch over and use your diaphragm as easy .  but its not the end of the world/  and thunder rocks... i am not concerned.

25 minutes ago, killuridols said:

No, I don't think it's bad at all to have a sip of beer during a rock concert.