Interviews + Media reactions to AXL/DC, good and bad

The Archer

http://loudwire.com/jim-breuer-prefer-dave-grohl-front-ac-dc-axl-rose/

The guy is entitled to his opinion of course, but he is a moron if he thinks that Axl isn't doing well fronting AC/DC, or that Dave Grohl would be better. I mean, even when the interviewer says that people compare Axl's singing to Bon, this guy is adamant that David Grohl sounds just like Bon Scott :lol:. Oh my God.

Apparently, he feels that Axl hasn't done enough to show respect to Brian or his status (maybe he didn't watch the group interviews) and that Dave would do a better job by doing shout outs to Brian during every show. He loses all credibility with his position that Dave Grohl represents what Rock is (okay, I'm kind of biased because I hate Nirvana but he's okay with the Foo fighters), but c'mon Axl doesn't? The biggest joke is him implying that Axl's 'intentions' are all wrong. Hahaha. Yeah, Axl is evil and you hate him - unfortunately, a lot of the AC/DC fans who are hating on the present situation are doing so because of deep rooted biases against Axl, and even hearing evidence to the contrary that he sucks as AC/DC's frontman isn't going to change their minds.

Anyhow, bad publicity is good when it is as biased as this is and easily disproven.

Edited by The Archer

12 minutes ago, The Archer said:

http://loudwire.com/jim-breuer-prefer-dave-grohl-front-ac-dc-axl-rose/

The guy is entitled to his opinion of course, but he is a moron if he thinks that Axl isn't doing wel fronting AC/DC, or that Dave Grohl would be better. I mean, even when the interviewer says that people compare Axl's singing to Bon, this guy is adamant that David Grohl sounds just like Bon Scott :lol:. Oh my God.

Apparently, he feels that Axl hasn't done enough to show respect to Brian or his status (maybe he didn't watch the group interviews) and that Dave would do a better job by doing shout outs to Brian during every show. He loses all credibility with his position that Dave Grohl represents what Rock is (okay, I'm kind of biased because I hate Nirvana but he's okay with the Foo fighters), but c'mon Axl doesn't? The biggest joke is him implying that Axl's 'intentions' are all wrong. Hahaha. Yeah, Axl is evil and you hate him - unfortunately, a lot of the AC/DC fans who are hating on the present situation are doing so because of deep rooted biases against Axl and even hearing evidence to the contrary that he sucks as AC/DC frontman isn't going to change their minds.

Anyhow, bad publicity is good when it is as biased as this is and easily disproven.

How ridiculous to say that Dave Grohl could front ACDC.

I almost want to see other singers try it for proof of how good Axl is doing.

• Like 1

Dave Grohl is the name you grab out of thin air when you can't think of anything bloody better to say! 

Let's think of the most inoffensive, boring, people pleasing option and go with that. The one where you won't get any come back for saying it coz everyone loves Dave. 

i don't think picking Axl was the easiest option for AC/DC. They will be well aware of the risk that comes with him, and it is a big risk for them. 

They went with who sounded best at the time,  bonus he's a big enough name to keep tickets sold, but it's still cool to me that they went with riskier option coz he sounded good. RnR. 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Dave Grohl is the name you grab out of thin air when you can't think of anything bloody better to say! 

Let's think of the most inoffensive, boring, people pleasing option and go with that. The one where you won't get any come back for saying it coz everyone loves Dave. 

i don't think picking Axl was the easiest option for AC/DC. They will be well aware of the risk that comes with him, and it is a big risk for them. 

They went with who sounded best at the time,  bonus he's a big enough name to keep tickets sold, but it's still cool to me that they went with riskier option coz he sounded good. RnR. 

Yeah, respect. Guaranteed, they had a lot of people warning them not to do it.

7 hours ago, Kira said:

How ridiculous to say that Dave Grohl could front ACDC.

I almost want to see other singers try it for proof of how good Axl is doing.

He is right about one thing, Dave Grohl would completely kiss ass and swing off Brian Johnsons nuts at every show. The other stuff is a load of shit.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Dangelus said:

There's only one man other than Axl fit for the job: Myles motherfuckin Kennedy!!

I hear he goes pretty well head to head with Axl on the GNR songs too...

:facepalm: We have Myles rivaling Axl for Axl/DC too now? Really?

• Like 2

9 hours ago, Blake Sabbath said:

Has any one else considered that maybe Angus instructed Axl specifically not to make reference to Brian during these stand in performances?

It wouldn't matter if he was or wasn't, I didn't see Brian dedicating every song to Bon Scott when he replaced him. This isn't a tribute show. 

• Like 2

I don't get all the jokes about being deaf. It's an awful condition and as sad as it is Brian still a legend and deserves more respect just as we did with Malcolm. It's not direct at you, but I've seen harsh comments everywhere.

Edited by Silent Jay
  • Like 2

42 minutes ago, Silent Jay said:

I don't get all the jokes about being deaf. It's an awful condition and as sad as it is Brian still a legend and deserves more respect just as we did with Malcolm. It's not direct at you, but I've seen harsh comments everywhere.

We had to endure way worse and harsher comments about Axl from thousands of AC/DC fans. Called him fatass, drugaddict, can't sing, irresponsible, unprofessional, crazy, psycho, the 7 plagues of Egypt.

I'm not up for worship of "sacred cows". Brian Johnson is a legend, so is Axl, even if he's younger, Axl is a rock icon as well.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

Nice words from disturbed

Really cool to hear David's admiration and respect for Axl's abilities and clarifying how difficult it was to do these songs, and in particular from the chair.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, The Archer said:

Really cool to hear David's admiration and respect for Axl's abilities and clarifying how difficult it was to do these songs, and in particular from the chair.

This

And its funny because i always saw people calling him a douche, but he seems like a cool guy to me...

Thanks to @IncitingChaos for finding the first of the long anticipated reviews for the UK gigs, from the Daily Mirror -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3625768/Axl-Rose-puts-energetic-performance-AC-DC-London-confined-wheelchair-broken-foot.html#comments-3625768

Back on his feet! Axl Rose puts on energetic performance with AC/DC in London after being confined to a wheelchair with a broken foot 

By SOPHIE GOULOPOULOS FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

He's spent the past month confined to a wheelchair on stage after breaking his foot in Los Angeles in early April. 
But it looks like Axl Rose is well and truly on the mend, taking to the stage with AC/DC in London on Saturday night. 
The 54-year-old put on an energetic performance with the legendary rock outfit, jumping around on stage with guitarist Angus Young.  
To accessorise, he also added several silver chains with crucifixes attached as well as chunky rings and bracelets. 
At 61, it seemed age has yet to affect guitarist Angus, who continued to jump around on stage and performed his signature move 'the duck walk'.  
Energetic: The former Guns 'N Roses frontman wore a loose-fitting flannel shirt, under which he wore a black T-shirt with a rubber duck on it
Age is no obstacle: Guitarist Angus continued to jump around on stage and perform his signature move 'the duck walk'
Bling! To accessorise he also added several silver chains with crucifixes attached as well as chunky rings and bracelets
Following his injury, Axl had been confined to a wheelchair for many of his dates with AC/DC as part of their Rock Or Bust world tour.
Axl stepped in for Brian Johnson after the 68-year-old pulled out due to hearing loss after 36 years as lead singer of the rock band.
Brian, the band's singer since 1980, was told by doctors he risked permanent hearing damage if he kept performing. 
Famous moves: He also performed his signature on-stage move 'the duck walk'
Back in business: He's spent the past month confined to a wheelchair on stage after breaking his foot in Los Angeles in April
Axl, who has largely been embraced by AC/DC fans, has left open whether he has become a permanent member of AC/DC or if he is just filling in. 
But the outfit have extended their tour, announcing a further ten shows scheduled for the United States.
The US shows will now end on September 20 in Philadelphia, which the band said would be the last date of its marathon Rock or Bust tour that began at the Coachella in California in April 2015.

• Like 2

On 03/06/2016 at 9:08 AM, Dangelus said:

There's only one man other than Axl fit for the job: Myles motherfuckin Kennedy!!

I hear he goes pretty well head to head with Axl on the GNR songs too...

Severe lack of rasp. Him singing Brian material would sound queer as fuck.

29 minutes ago, AlexC said:

Severe lack of rasp. Him singing Brian material would sound queer as fuck.

Ha ha, we must be the only community in the world where rasp is prerequisite to being a good singer!

can just hear Simon Cowell now, 'Terrible performance of Celine Dion's "my heart will go on," COMPLETELY lacking in rasp..." ?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

Ha ha, we must be the only community in the world where rasp is prerequisite to being a good singer!

can just hear Simon Cowell now, 'Terrible performance of Celine Dion's "my heart will go on," COMPLETELY lacking in rasp..." ?

He sounds like a dying cat, rasp aside.

31 minutes ago, Dangelus said:

It's true though, Back in Black without rasp would be pathetic.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AlexC said:

It's true though, Back in Black without rasp would be pathetic.

Well here's some more of Myles owning Axl... (Yes I'm kinda trolling...) 3:37 for some dying cat/raspless Back In Black. 

guess Myles will just have to stick to destroying Axl on GNR songs... ?