Rumored Concert Date Thread

7 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

Fucking weird coincidence that on the day Cheap Trick is announced when we thought it could be GnR Izzy creates a twitter account and tweets Rick Nielsen.

These are crazy times.

An important Brazilian journalist wrote yesterday on his Twitter: ''band that everyone thought would come in 2016 - had site to 'confirmed' and gave date - does not come, but agrees to talk to 2017.''
Some sites and a fan club that bears the name of Axl Rose said several times that the band tava closed to come in Brazil and South America between October and December 2016.
Once I questioned this journalist about the rumors that were emerging from the band this year in Brazil and he said he would only manifest when he had 100% sure, even with some people saying they knew before.

4 hours ago, erikmathaus said:

An important Brazilian journalist wrote yesterday on his Twitter: ''band that everyone thought would come in 2016 - had site to 'confirmed' and gave date - does not come, but agrees to talk to 2017.''
Some sites and a fan club that bears the name of Axl Rose said several times that the band tava closed to come in Brazil and South America between October and December 2016.
Once I questioned this journalist about the rumors that were emerging from the band this year in Brazil and he said he would only manifest when he had 100% sure, even with some people saying they knew before.

Stadiums were booked in Brazil for October. Two dates in São Paulo, one in rio, one in Belo Horizonte and one in Porto Alegre I heard. Nothing's confirmed though.

4 minutes ago, rockphantom said:

The six announced shows may be a test run for the world tour.

Akin it to a one night stand with your ex just to scratch an itch. :lol:

No need to make a long term commitment if the Red Head and the Top Hat can't get along...

that makes sense- so you suspect no news until after those shows? what about the rumored shows in may? they can't really announce a week before the show?

2 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Buzz seems to have died down this past week, not to mention Mr. Money is MIA.  Wonder if they really are doing this on a "wait and see" basis, hinging on Vegas & Coachella.

Do you mean in terms of their own stage performance being on par?

Because, I would think they've got their answers when it comes to ticket sales.

As much as I would love more shows, especially one near me that I can attend, if this is all we get for now, that's ok with me. Just to know Axl, Slash, and Duff will be on stage together again, makes me happy as a fan. I'm sure tons of YouTube videos will pop up. 

Or perhaps this is just a small tease in order to let the world know they are indeed back. Then record an album, then next year full world tour.

Edited by Iron MikeyJ

1 minute ago, Spirit said:

Do you mean in terms of their own stage performance being on par?

Because, I would think they've got their answers when it comes to ticket sales.

I can only speculate based on the lack of a proper NA tour announcement thus far, but maybe they're waiting to see how the shows all mesh and how much chemistry is there before they commit to something larger.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sofine11 said:

Buzz seems to have died down this past week, not to mention Mr. Money is MIA.  Wonder if they really are doing this on a "wait and see" basis, hinging on Vegas & Coachella.

If they are doing more shows this year...that is a huge risk.  The only thing that could explain that is no other shows have guarantees and may be based on gate and the second Mexico City show isn't exactly selling like hot cakes...dunno.

aint one damn thing about this band that makes any sense any more really:

2 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

If they are doing more shows this year...that is a huge risk.  The only thing that could explain that is no other shows have guarantees and may be based on gate and the second Mexico City show isn't exactly selling like hot cakes...dunno.

They certainly don't seem to be in a rush to confirm anything, do they?  This does seem to be larger than anything management/Fernando has tackled before, so maybe it's just taking a bit longer to map everything out and finalize things before a proper announcement can be made.  That is, assuming the plan is still to tour NA this summer.

6 minutes ago, tsinindy said:

As far as I can see the second Mexico show is 95% sold out.

Over 100,000 tickets for two dates in one city is good.

A Brazilian journalist advancing the coming of the band in 2014 in South America said: ''Guns N' Roses is talking to play in Brazil. Nothing confirmed and far from confirmed, but still have a chance''

This means that they left the door open for concerts in Brazil this year.

Just now, erikmathaus said:

A Brazilian journalist advancing the coming of the band in 2014 in South America said: ''Guns N' Roses is talking to play in Brazil. Nothing confirmed and far from confirmed, but still have a chance''

This means that they left the door open for concerts in Brazil this year.

Not to rain on your parade, but they seem to be in "talks" to play literally everywhere these days. 

2 minutes ago, Spirit said:

As far as I can see the second Mexico show is 95% sold out.

Over 100,000 tickets for two dates in one city is good.

How do you see that?  According to what I've heard they have not released General B section tix For sale and won't until A sells out and haven't released several of the seated sections in the back until the closer sections sell out.

if that is wrong and someone knows for sure I'd love to be corrected 

Just now, tsinindy said:

How do you see that?  According to what I've heard they have not released General B section tix For sale and won't until A sells out and haven't released several of the seated sections in the back until the closer sections sell out.

if that is wrong and someone knows for sure I'd love to be corrected 

I've checked out the ticketmaster site many times.

Sometimes single seats pop up in the back of the venue. General B also pops up from time to time.

This indicates tickets that are canceled and put back into sale.

Just now, Spirit said:

I've checked out the ticketmaster site many times.

Sometimes single seats pop up in the back of the venue. General B also pops up from time to time.

This indicates tickets that are canceled and put back into sale.

So have I..never has that happened to me.  You must have good timing.