Rumored Concert Date Thread

On February 18, 2016 at 4:06 PM, Blake Sabbath said:

I'm willing to bet a (big?) announcement may occur once they hit 30 million fans on Facebook. 

Or knowing GN'R it'll come and go without a peep!

My guess is the latter. The most we'll see is just a post acknowledging it like "30 million #GnFnR fans can't be wrong!" or something like that. I doubt they're holding out on announcing any major plans just based on Facebook fan numbers.

5 minutes ago, James Bond said:

My guess is the latter. The most we'll see is just a post acknowledging it like "30 million #GnFnR fans can't be wrong!" or something like that. I doubt they're holding out on announcing any major plans just based on Facebook fan numbers.

Personally I'm hoping for something as lame is "It's So Easy to get 30 million fans!" but I'd prefer something more creative (for them) as "Apparently 30 million people have a lot of Patience!"

• Like 4

There's a couple childhood friends of mine on facebook that work events at Soldier Field in Chicago...Anyways, they had a little post about how fun it was going to be working the Guns N' Roses shows over July 4th weekend. These are women that would never come up with some story like that, unless, it had been mentioned at their job. So take that for what it's worth.

12 minutes ago, nugdafied said:

There's a couple childhood friends of mine on facebook that work events at Soldier Field in Chicago...Anyways, they had a little post about how fun it was going to be working the Guns N' Roses shows over July 4th weekend. These are women that would never come up with some story like that, unless, it had been mentioned at their job. So take that for what it's worth.

It sounds promising!

But is there a chance they heard it on the radio or read it on the internet?

On 15.02.2016. at 9:16 PM, Billsfan said:

@Eddie Money thanks for keeping us all updated man. Cool stuff! Do you think when you get home there will be a chance to find out when we could start gettin interviews from the band and some promotions? There's just a lot of questions to be answered including how the hell this reunion even came about and I'm just wondering how much longer we have to wait for anyone to start talking..?

makes sence.they are rehersing now the cd song as the opener, then hey will go over all the UYI's and etc with Matt and Izzy ;)

28 minutes ago, Spirit said:

I somehow doubt CD will be the opener..

Marketing this as the return of the Axl/Slash/Duff trio, I think they'll go for something classic.

If they come out playing CD songs and Axl sounds like shit. The whole thing will turn into a joke fast.

• Like 1

On 2016. 02. 16. at 4:55 PM, Estranged1 said:

CD is as much a Guns album as the album the Crue made with John Corab is a Crue albumi, or the album VH made with Gary Charone is a VH album- they aren't and they are better off forgotten.  Most Guns fans don't count 1993-2014 as a Guns era, rather an Axl era under the name GnR (just to stick it to Slash et al....and try and prove some point). 

Nah the John Corabi Crüe album is the ONLY really good Crüe album, and he was a better vocalist than Vince Neil EVER were

When i listen to it, at least i won't feel myself totally embarassed:facepalm:

That being said, i think CD as an Axl solo record under the GNR (brand)name. I woouldn't mind a few CD songs, but i want more UYI deep cuts... they've got so many great songs that needs to be played now!

Dropping in since no one's mentioned it yet. The Loop in Chicago had an "Appetite for the 80s" theme going on this weekend. Complete with a GN'R-inspired logo on their Facebook page. They're teasing a major concert announcment for tomorrow. It's possible it won't be about GN'R, but I'm feelin' this might be confirmation on the Soldier Field shows. Here's hoping! 

3 minutes ago, olga said:

Dropping in since no one's mentioned it yet. The Loop in Chicago had an "Appetite for the 80s" theme going on this weekend. Complete with a GN'R-inspired logo on their Facebook page. They're teasing a major concert announcment for tomorrow. It's possible it won't be about GN'R, but I'm feelin' this might be confirmation on the Soldier Field shows. Here's hoping! 

Where'd you see them teasing a major concert? Their Facebook is totally dedicated to GNR at the moment it wouldn't surprise me if it was announced tomorrow 

1 minute ago, KiernanProud said:

Where'd you see them teasing a major concert? Their Facebook is totally dedicated to GNR at the moment it wouldn't surprise me if it was announced tomorrow 

Actually, just checked their Twitter and it looks like it's cheap trick 

5 minutes ago, KiernanProud said:

They mentioned an announcement on their Facebook a couple of times. My understanding is that Cheap Trick will be in the studio tomorrow while the announcment is made. A Cheap Trick show has already been announced for Chicago. 

So I did some more digging and I may be wrong about thinking Cheap Trick would be in studio. I think a new song of theirs will be debuted tomorrow morning. It's hard to tell with the wording of the posts on The Loop's Facebook, but I still hope the concert news is not just Cheap Trick-related. I'll be real salty if they just dropped so many GN'R hints for kicks. <_<

8 hours ago, KiernanProud said:

If they are having a major concert announcement, it's not Cheap Trick.  Their show with Heart and Joan Jett has been announced and on sale for some time.

8 minutes ago, GNRfanMILO said:

We miss you Eddie :cry:

I'm getting the feeling Eddie has been silenced for one reason or another.

edit: to elaborate I do not mean banned.  But I have a feeling his pipeline of information has either dried up...or someone truely on the inside has told him to STFU.

Edited by tsinindy
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, olga said:

So I did some more digging and I may be wrong about thinking Cheap Trick would be in studio. I think a new song of theirs will be debuted tomorrow morning. It's hard to tell with the wording of the posts on The Loop's Facebook, but I still hope the concert news is not just Cheap Trick-related. I'll be real salty if they just dropped so many GN'R hints for kicks. <_<

Damn, it is https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10153267410801714&id=164348051713&refid=17&_ft_=top_level_post_id.10153267410801714%3Atl_objid.10153267410801714