07/03/16 - Chicago, IL - Solider Field

RussTCB

1 hour ago, OutTaGetMesomeNightrain said:

There's still hardly anyone here!   But so far the people that are here are great.   

And dem shirts doe

IMAG0066.jpg

IMAG0067.jpg

If anyone is there at the show and has money to spare, I would love to own this shirt in size xl. I would pay for shipping and all that plus cost of course. PM me if you can. Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Yibrano Hudson said:

Looks cool, but i still prefer the one from the first show!

13578742_10154638675209123_896125066_n.jpg

Yeah this one is better and as I said this before, I don't usually buy litho's, but even I would be interested in buying this one. 

7 minutes ago, Yibrano Hudson said:

Don't the use those mics to record the audience when they record a concert?<_<

}.jpg

They often have mics right there regardless, I've been to countless shows with mics out the front exactly like that (including GNR), only one of which turned out to professionally recorded

Very curious to see the crowd when Guns hit . I don't post as much as I used to, but I thank everyone who has attended , keeping us informed. I can't wait for the Texas shows! I'm excited for lots of reasons. This will be my 12/13 time seeing Guns since 2006. And I hope it can top Hammerstein. I think the band is playing great . Axl is sounding very well. If I could add my two cents , only judging by the videos. And I only say this because lots of people are saying , it's Axl's best voice since the illusion tour . Based on what I hear, I still think his voice was stronger in 2006. And I'm not saying that in a bad way. I dont even care that I went to some shows and his voice was Mickey. I honestly am too wrapped up on having a good time to even notice at times . 

• Like 1

I'd imagine all of the shows since & including the Troubador have been pro shot & I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Not In This Lifetime" Tour Blu Ray available to buy as early as Axl does the American shows with DC (late August early September) 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, AFD5 said:

I'd imagine all of the shows since & including the Troubador have been pro shot & I wouldn't be surprised to see a "Not In This Lifetime" Tour Blu Ray available to buy as early as Axl does the American shows with DC (late August early September) 

Yeah, I have heard that ALL Guns shows since the 90s have been pro-shot but can't remember where I got that from.

Tbh, if I were in charge of something like that I'd wait 'til the tour hits europe/south america/australia NZ so there's the footage of all the crazy loud bouncy crowds (I'm looking at you Argentina) and make a full on tour retrospective blu ray available kind of like Nirvana's Live Tonight Sold Out (wishful thinking would have me add a bonus doco). Your average American crowd these days just doesn't look very interesting when you've got a hard rock band on stage, plus all the fast-paced video editing for the heavier songs etc and it'd just look like a long one of those Facebook promos that we get every few days. 

I know bands like AC/DC, Iron Maiden etc all like filming their home video releases in South America because the crowds just look and sound fucking incredible down there, which makes complete sense to me. 

Edited by cremefraiche
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, lassie said:

I hope for, So Fine. One In A Million. Dead Horse. Since I Dont Have You. Could be cool with some new songs.

Zero chance we hear One In A Million in 2016 unless they rework the lyrics.  Good song musically but the lyrics would be way too controversial and would be blown out of proportion in today's politically correct world.  And I don't think Slash is very fond of the song either. 

7 minutes ago, cremefraiche said:

Yeah, I have heard that ALL Guns shows since the 90s have been pro-shot but can't remember where I got that from.

Tbh, if I were in charge of something like that I'd wait 'til the tour hits europe/south america/australia NZ so there's the footage of all the crazy loud bouncy crowds (I'm looking at you Argentina) and make a full on tour retrospective blu ray available kind of like Nirvana's Live Tonight Sold Out (wishful thinking would have me add a bonus doco). Your average American crowd these days just doesn't look very interesting when you've got a hard rock band on stage, plus all the fast-paced video editing for the heavier songs etc and it'd just look like a long one of those Facebook promos that we get every few days. 

I know bands like AC/DC, Iron Maiden etc all like filming their home video releases in South America because the crowds just look and sound fucking incredible down there, which makes complete sense to me. 

Very true. The American crowds are beyond terrible. Argentina would defiantly be the place, best Rock N Roll crowd on the planet.

2 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

Zero chance we hear One In A Million in 2016 unless they rework the lyrics.  Good song musically but the lyrics would be way too controversial and would be blown out of proportion in today's politically correct world.  And I don't think Slash is very fond of the song either. 

At the KC show, they were playing GnR outside of the stadium and I heard One In A Million twice! I was like "seriously" when I heard it the first time lol. Duff was uncomfortable with the song too, according to his book. 

4 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

That you can have right about. But the song is not about being a racist or to hate gay people, but sadly many just assumed that is was.

Edited by lassie
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, jthunders13 said:

If they do a bluray do we want all from one show or a best of with a song or two from every city?

I'd presonally prefer a 'best of' (unless they release my show fully haha) with behind the scenes footage and stuff between the songs themselves. Similar to what I said above, Nirvana did it really well I think in Live Tonight Sold Out. 

• Like 2