GN'R Adds Four More Dates to the 'Not In This Lifetime' Tour!

They waited until Coachella was done to add an LA show.  Marketing ploy to make sure Coachella sold well.

I predict there will eventually be a Second LA Show at the home of the Blue Crew Dodgers.  They play at dodgers on 8/18 and then San Diego is 8/22.  No brainer that there will be a second LA show.  You heard it here first!

Edited by BadApples87
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

They waited until Coachella was done to add an LA show.  Marketing ploy to make sure Coachella sold well.

I predict there will eventually be a Second LA Show at the home of the Blue Crew Dodgers.  They play at dodgers on 8/18 and then San Diego is 8/22.  No brainer that there will be a second LA show.  You heard it here first!

Seems very likely to happen. Dodger Stadium holds 56,000 and the Los Angeles combined statistical area is 18 million people. Vast majority of people at Coachella weren't even GN'R fans, so the market is barely tapped at this point.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

Hopefully a show at the palladium or somewhere a bit smaller then Dodger Stadium, like the forum or sports arena 

1 minute ago, fumardude said:

Hopefully a show at the palladium or somewhere a bit smaller then Dodger Stadium, like the forum or sports arena 

I saw them at the Forum in 1991.  Oh yeah.  Guns N Roses (Izzy still in the band) and Skid Row.  Great Show! 

But logic dictates that they would play two at dodgers stadium.  The stage is already set up, etc. 

6 minutes ago, fumardude said:

They could do two at Dodger Stadium and then a smaller show as well. Palladium only holds 3,700 so that would be a good one. Blu-ray opportunity.

• 8/18 - Dodger Stadium
  • 8/19 - Dodger Stadium
  • 8/20 - Palladium (meanwhile the road crew is moving all the stadium stuff to San Diego)
  • 8/22 - San Diego stadium gig
Edited by GNRfan2008

9 minutes ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Vast majority of people at Coachella weren't even GN'R fans, so the market is barely tapped at this point.

So true, Millennials  that don't know who GNR is, LOL.  I guess some millennials know who they are, so kudos to the few that do.  But most of them were there for other acts.

Edited by BadApples87

9 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

This is great news! Seems like this GNR reunion tour will be a huge success!

I can't help but wonder, what comes next for GNR?

They could tour this for years. The demand seems to be there. Even more than expected.

29 minutes ago, BadApples87 said:

You're on to something for sure...there is a hold on the venue for a second night.

I have a friend that works for the Dodgers, he told me this information on Friday.  I actually told him bs on it at first bc I thought they'd play the Rose Bowl for sure in LA.

Whether night 2 happens or not is a different story, but they have a hold on the stadium.

I do think they might add a second night in LA, that would make sense. It looks as though the Dodgers aren't back until the 22nd. Assuming that it would take at least a day to restore the field for baseball, they could easily do a show on 8/19 or 8/20 and be out of there with plenty of time to spare. l.

1 hour ago, FuriousStyles said:

Toronto was one of the hottest tickets on the entire tour.

Really surprised they went to Foxboro twice.....

Same here. The promoter doubling down on Foxboro might bite them in the ass with so many tickets to sell at those prices, but no guts no glory I suppose. GNR gets their $$ even if they sell only one ticket, so the pressure is on the promoters. 

26 minutes ago, Martin Riggs said:

Sports Arena is now closed, isn't it?

Yeah, it closed for demolition earlier this year. And the Coliseum next door to it is gearing up for the Rams. Sports Arena was a bit of a hellhole by the time it closed, too...if they were going to play a venue that size, the Forum probably would have been a better bet. It's just recently been renovated and has close to the same capacity that the Sports Arena did.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BadApples87 said:

So true, Millennials  that don't know who GNR is, LOL.  I guess some millennials know who they are, so kudos to the few that do.  But most of them were there for other acts.

Not so on Saturday night. According this LA Weekly article, while the other simultaneous acts were well attended, GN'R had the largest turnout by far.

1 hour ago, BadApples87 said:

That doesn't make sense to me since a majority of the Coachella tix were sold out last May during the pre-sale prior to any performers being announced. And, then, the remainder of the tix sold out in January once the lineup was announced.

So what was there to wait on?

• Like 1

Call me a contrarian, but this kinda sucks IMO.  There is a tangible difference in the feeling in a air when a band is playing a one night only show vs. playing multiple nights.  Certainly when you are talking about stadium shows.  

I may be wrong, but I think this is gonna result in way more people that don't really care going and as a result, way shittier crowds.

I'm still looking forward to the 7/23 Metlife show, but not quite as much as I was yesterday to be honest.

1 hour ago, PirateRadio said:

Last weekend I went to a sellout a Dodgers game against SF. I've been many times. No way I'm touching this one. The place is a complete fiasco. 

Yeah its horrible if u stay for all 9 getting out of that place.Getting in isn't great either .Looks like I'll have a huge group to go with so well do a party bus make it that much funner without anyone having to worry about driving

19 minutes ago, stella said:

Yeah, it closed for demolition earlier this year. And the Coliseum next door to it is gearing up for the Rams. Sports Arena was a bit of a hellhole by the time it closed, too...if they were going to play a venue that size, the Forum probably would have been a better bet. It's just recently been renovated and has close to the same capacity that the Sports Arena did.

Agreed. Forum looks much nicer since the renovation. Saw Rush there on the last show of the R40 tour.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, NicDwolfwood said:

Agreed. Forum looks much nicer since the renovation. Saw Rush there on the last show of the R40 tour.

Same, I saw Aerosmith there last year and I was very impressed with what they did.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, supercool said:

they should have played at the rose bowl stadium.

Looks like Coldplay is at the Rose Bowl on 8/20 and 8/21. Perhaps there wasn't enough turnaround time to get GnR loaded out and get Coldplay's stuff loaded in. And that would probably have made it impossible to add a second show, too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, GNRfan2008 said:

Palladium only holds 3,700 so that would be a good one. Blu-ray opportunity.

NO... We've already got Tooubadour Blu Ray... Now its time for a massive stadium DVD concert film production... They should film where it;s most sold out..!!

• Like 1