GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

On ‎2016‎-‎12‎-‎01 at 11:26 PM, traciij said:

My First G'n R show, 10/19/89 LA Coliseum - I had no idea the history of the band I was hearing at that time :axl92:

Full AFD line-up.. so cool! Has anyone else on here seen the original 5 I wonder? If so do tell!

1 minute ago, Andy14 said:

Axl, the Emojis Man :wub::rofl-lol::devilshades:rock4:popcorn::ph34r::axl92::heart:

Why the cherries I wonder?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

Full AFD line-up.. so cool! Has anyone else on here seen the original 5 I wonder? If so do tell!

I wish I had :o I only saw Duff with Loaded back in 2002. It was a good show anyway.

This is random but, any of you guys watch Supernatural? Cause the whole last episode, titled "Rock never dies" was like a big shameless criticism at the GnR reunion. They even said "what'd make the fans happier is new music" :awesomeface: 

49 minutes ago, Darkenchantress said:

I wish I had :o I only saw Duff with Loaded back in 2002. It was a good show anyway.

This is random but, any of you guys watch Supernatural? Cause the whole last episode, titled "Rock never dies" was like a big shameless criticism at the GnR reunion. They even said "what'd make the fans happier is new music" :awesomeface: 

I tried to watch Supernatural but couldn't get past the first episode. Now that show is like 10 seasons long, right? A lot of catching up to do but whatever, I'll just see the one you're talking about for now.

I was in kindergarten when the AFD5 was in full force:max::thumbsdown:

4 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I tried to watch Supernatural but couldn't get past the first episode. Now that show is like 10 seasons long, right? A lot of catching up to do but whatever, I'll just see the one you're talking about for now.

I think is in season 12 right now, I honestly don't know how I got so far. I guess I keep watching it for nostalgic reasons :lol:

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

That's hilarious! I watched the first few seasons, but fell away..I'm going to have to find that episode now :lol: 

(is sam or dean Winchester on this board? :ph34r:)

55 minutes ago, Jane M. said:

I was 11 going on twelve in 87. I bought AFD when it first hit. My mother caught me listening to WTTJ and asked me with a straight face..."Are you sure you're my child?" I laughed so hard.

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

I tried to see it once also, but didn't really like it...Anyways, now I have to check that one you're talking about ;)

Speaking of TV shows, I always liked 'How I met your Mother' - except the final! Really what the fuck was that? Don't even get me started  - and I think that part of me liking that show so much was due to its slight but spot on references to Guns N' Roses. The Chinese Democracy ones were so, so good :rofl-lol: :rofl-lol:

Check it out:

-----

I didn't even exist when the AFD 5 were running the world. Don't make me feel bad :P

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I was 11 going on twelve in 87. I bought AFD when it first hit. My mother caught me listening to WTTJ and asked me with a straight face..."Are you sure you're my child?" I laughed so hard.

Yeah...I was 10 in 87 and my mom has tried listening to Guns, but just not her type of music lol. I seem to be the only rocker in the family! :lol: I went from a huge Huey Lewis and the News fan when I was a kid to GNFNR...I have eclectic taste. 

1 minute ago, marlingrl03 said:

Yeah...I was 10 in 87 and my mom has tried listening to Guns, but just not her type of music lol. I seem to be the only rocker in the family! :lol: I went from a huge Huey Lewis and the News fan when I was a kid to GNFNR...I have eclectic taste. 

Lol. My mom listened to old school R&B and all my friends were listening to New Edition, Troop and Ready For The World....being a black female rocker was rough lol.

• Like 1

Just as I have posted on official socmed thread,  "I feel great and so happy, thank you all. Cherry on top, there'll be new dates and tickets coming up and we'll announce it soon. And of course, we're going to continue our world tour. Cheers"

Doesn't look any new thing for me :shrugs:

Damn, but if that interesting AFD tribute by a "NotSoGN'R" turns out to be a surprise... :wow:

1 hour ago, Lumikki said:

I watch Supernatural, it's the only show I've stuck with for 12 freaking seasons.

I haven't watched the latest couple of episodes, but now I'll have to catch up I guess :lol:  I love when they throw in classic rock or metal references like that.

Yeah, they dont mention GnR but is about a 80's hair metal band that reunite in 2016 and the references are there the whole episode :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lumikki said:

I watch Supernatural, it's the only show I've stuck with for 12 freaking seasons.

I haven't watched the latest couple of episodes, but now I'll have to catch up I guess :lol:  I love when they throw in classic rock or metal references like that.

And now, thanks to you, it's stuck in my head too :P

But I seriously can't think of anything either regarding the cherries. Maybe he just saw them and liked them and there's no big mystery behind it.

Also random, but I saw this on Tumblr.

Don't know if this is from this year's Thanksgiving or an older post, but I think it's sweet that the first thing she mentions being thankful for are her brothers. Always good to see they're still close.

And she considers the Lebeises her adopted family too (though I sort of knew that already, I've read something similar before somewhere...).

tumblr_ohd9h8qKWk1vkt6tqo1_540.png

:wub::wub:

Hope Axl held Christmas party N' invite Sluff, GN'R N' His Bro Sis, also Steven N' Izzy :lol:

• Like 2