GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

4 minutes ago, Padme said:

What are you talking about? You started this thing saying you look at their own words from a different angle. You don't see things the way other people see things. When they explain things in their own words. I'm afraid there is little room for any personal interpretation

I wasn't talking about what was said, I was talking about the video depictions. I merely stated that I didn't really see it as Axl trying to put Stephanie in Erin's place. YOU are the one who is misunderstanding my comment. And when I said I wasn't focusing on the negative, all I meant was that I choose to look at the now and future and not the past.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Padme said:

In 1994 during the lawsuit Axl had with Erin and Stephanie. Erin did an interview with People magazine. She claimed that for more than a year after the break up Axl was pretty much stoking her. According to Erin, Axl would call her, send her flowers and letter. These stuff took place when he was dating Stephanie. It doesn't sounds like Axl was madly in love with Stephanie if he was trying to persuade Erin to get back with him.

Erin didn't specify whether Axl was still sending gifts after the relationship with Stephanie had started. Maybe at first he was sending flowers and caged birds but later it was just letters to explain the situation. It's not uncommon that after you've been in a relationship with someone for years, communication doesn't come to a total halt even after you are no longer together. I don't think this is evidence that he didn't love Stephanie.

4 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I wasn't talking about what was said, I was talking about the video depictions. I merely stated that I didn't really see it as Axl trying to put Stephanie in Erin's place. YOU are the one who is misunderstanding my comment. And when I said I wasn't focusing on the negative, all I meant was that I choose to look at the now and future and not the past.

I'm not talking the videos themselves. I'm talking about the documentaries they made regarding the videos. I'm afraid Stepahanie was playing Erin (Elizabeth) role. Both Axl and Del James said that in the documentaries.

3 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Erin didn't specify whether Axl was still sending gifts after the relationship with Stephanie had started. Maybe at first he was sending flowers and caged birds but later it was just letters to explain the situation. It's not uncommon that after you've been in a relationship with someone for years, communication doesn't come to a total halt even after you are no longer together. I don't think this is evidence that he didn't love Stephanie.

I don't know what he said in the letters because I didn't read them. But he was clearly trying to get back with her. That's what she said. The time frame Erin talked about it was when he was already dating Stephanie.

7 minutes ago, Padme said:

I'm not talking the videos themselves. I'm talking about the documentaries they made regarding the videos. 

And here is where our lines started to get crossed...I know that they were re-enacting those situations Axl had with Erin...I was talking about the videos proper not the documentaries. 

2 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

She merely said he continued to try to contact her.

He did it several times over a long period of time. Why was he so interested in keep in contact with his ex wife when he had a new girlfriend? Why did he need to send flowers? 

1 minute ago, Padme said:

He did it several times over a long period of time. Why was he so interested in keep in contact with his ex wife when he had a new girlfriend? Why did he need to send flowers? 

Because he knew Stephanie was cheating on him and he probably sensed she was going to leave him.

Probably his hurt ego led him to try to go back to someone he knew was safe, a woman that loved him before he was rich and famous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

And here is where our lines started to get crossed...I know that they were re-enacting those situations Axl had with Erin...I was talking about the videos proper not the documentaries. 

But if you watch the documentaries, you have things explain there. You don't need me nor anybody else. I told you from the begining that all you need to  do is to watch the Making of Videos. You can find them in Youtube. It is called the Makin' Of the Fuckin' Videos.

20 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

Now I'm done being nice....killuridols you have been nothing but a bitch to me since I came to this forum. On several occasions you have personally attacked me, been condescending to almost everyone who disagrees with you and think you're smarter than everyone else due to your education....NEWS FLASH having book smarts doesn't make you the sharpest tool in the shed. 

Excuse the fuck out of me for having the nerve to have an opinion that is not of the majority....I thought that's what this platform is for. And if you want me gone, too fucking bad because as I said before YOU nor anyone else will force me out.

9 minutes ago, killuridols said:

lol dude...

I hardly ever brought up my education here unless it was necessary, like when I had to explain the background of some of my opinions (i.e. the debate about politics we had before) but for Guns N' Roses I don't need College books so I don't know what the hell it is your problem with that. Do you have a personal problem with people that go to school? What should I do about it to make you happy?

Stop being so resentful about other people's lives and stick to the topic.

Two or three pages ago you called me jaded and tried to take the discussion to a personal level. I didn't allow you and I know you're very frustrated about that :)

Most people here debate and argue on a daily basis without any problems, how come you can't do that?

Not sure how far back this altercation goes but please both of you try and be respectful of other people's contributions. I only pointed out to the rest of the mod team the other day that this thread has been peaceful for a good while now. Lets keep it that way.

Thanks

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Not sure how far back this altercation goes but please both of you try and be respectful of other people's contributions. I only pointed out to the rest of the mod team the other day that this thread has been peaceful for a good while now. Lets keep it that way.

Thanks

I agree, I said the exact same thing a few pages back. I will endeavor to keep my peace. I apologize for my actions.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Padme said:

But if you watch the documentaries, you have things explain there. You don't need me nor anybody else. I told you from the begining that all you need to  do is to watch the Making of Videos. You can find them in Youtube. It is called the Makin' Of the Fuckin' Videos.

I have watched them....I have heard all the explanations....I am talking about just watching the videos.

Just now, Rocketqueen76 said:

No wasn't taking it to a personal level....I even told you that YOU took it personally. And what frustrates me is your attitude...one person even left the forum because of you....I enjoy a healthy debate but it seems that you on the other hand don't. If a person doesn't agree with you then they're wrong and try to get them to jump through rings of fire to prove their point. And by the way, calling people biscuits and saying they need to be frozen because if their opinion is quite childish.

I'm always debating with @Blackstar, @Frey, @Lumikki, @MillionsOfSpiders and other people who ocassionally join our long winded debates and even though it gets rough sometimes, the next day we go back to our daily chat and everything's always fine. We are all passionate about our GN'R theorization but we all contribute with our knowledge and sources to keep this thread cool and free of "misinformation", like when we debunk rumours, false pictures and other tumblr/instagram bullshit.

We love that stuff!

The "biscuit" thing is a JOKE :rolleyes: we have used here before. Looks like you didn't read that part of the thread, I understand it is a very long thread and little time to keep up with it but please have some respect for the people who've been here for a long time. By "freezing" I mean someone has to be ignored (like use the ignore button), it doesn't mean to have them banned or expelled from the thread (and we can't do that either, anyway).

12 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Thanks

I'm sorry Alfie!! That is embarassing that you were proud of us and now we are not behaving anymore :(

Will try to keep it cool or Santa won't drop presents for us this year :ph34r:

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Padme said:

Maybe he just wanted to see how she was doing or was hoping for forgiveness or wanted to discuss the videos or wanted to get his belongings back. There could be any number of reasons. We don't know how many times he contacted Erin while with Stephanie because Erin wasn't specific about that at all nor do we know whether he was still sending flowers at that point.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rocketqueen76 said:

I have watched them....I have heard all the explanations....I am talking about just watching the videos.

Ok you watched the videos.You made your own interpretation, fine. But later you have  an explanation from the people involved. Then there isn't much for debate. If you want to stick to your original interpretation of the videos, sure that's your right. Sorry, but I don't see the point.

26 minutes ago, killuridols said:

Because he knew Stephanie was cheating on him and he probably sensed she was going to leave him.

Probably his hurt ego led him to try to go back to someone he knew was safe, a woman that loved him before he was rich and famous.

Ok, but why insiting with his ex wife? Why wasn't he looking for a new relationship with some other woman other than Erin? The only reasons I can find are: 1) He was still inlove with Erin 2) Stephanie's kid was too important to him. He wanted the kid to stay. So he needed Stephanie to stay

3 minutes ago, Padme said:

Ok you watched the videos.You made your own interpretation, fine. But later you have  an explanation from the people involved. Then there isn't much for debate. If you want to stick to your original interpretation of the videos, sure that's your right. Sorry, but I don't see the point.

Ok, but why insiting with his ex wife? Why wasn't he looking for a new relationship with some other woman other than Erin? The only reasons I can find are: 1) He was still inlove with Erin 2) Stephanie's kid was too important to him. He wanted the kid to stay. So he needed Stephanie to stay

I have watched the documentaries as well so I know all about the explanations all I was saying was that I'm choosing to enjoy the video for the video's sake and not really delve into what was going on behind the scenes because I would rather not think about that negative time that they were going through

4 minutes ago, Scream of the Butterfly said:

Maybe he just wanted to see how she was doing or was hoping for forgiveness or wanted to discuss the videos or wanted to get his belongings back. There could be any number of reasons. We don't know how many times he contacted Erin while with Stephanie because Erin wasn't specific about that at all nor do we know whether he was still sending flowers at that point.

Did you read the interview? He made more than one phone call. He send flowers, pets and letters on different occations. Erin said he did all this for more than one year. Sure he wanted forgiveness. He obviously cared great deal about her

21 minutes ago, killuridols said:

I'm always debating with @Blackstar, @Frey, @Lumikki, @MillionsOfSpiders and other people who ocassionally join our long winded debates and even though it gets rough sometimes, the next day we go back to our daily chat and everything's always fine. We are all passionate about our GN'R theorization but we all contribute with our knowledge and sources to keep this thread cool and free of "misinformation", like when we debunk rumours, false pictures and other tumblr/instagram bullshit.

We love that stuff!

The "biscuit" thing is a JOKE :rolleyes: we have used here before. Looks like you didn't read that part of the thread, I understand it is a very long thread and little time to keep up with it but please have some respect for the people who've been here for a long time. By "freezing" I mean someone has to be ignored (like use the ignore button), it doesn't mean to have them banned or expelled from the thread (and we can't do that either, anyway).

I'm sorry Alfie!! That is embarassing that you were proud of us and now we are not behaving anymore :(

Will try to keep it cool or Santa won't drop presents for us this year :ph34r:

Okay I am you know a real woman and to take my own advice and reign in my own Venom.... I didn't know about the biscuit joke so I apologize for you know getting a little on the defensive about that and as far as the respect goes I can get that too I understand but that's all I ever asked for since I came to the form as well, for the same respect.  no hard feelings for real just want to make sure that everybody stays cool about everything that's all.  nobody should feel like they can't have a certain type of opinion because it goes against the majority and with that being said I don't mind a debate I don't mind one getting a little heated I just want to make sure that that everybody you know keeps it in the f context in which it was meant that that's all.

6 minutes ago, KiraMPD said:

Fuckin' hell, that escalated quickly...

This is my sorry attempt to bring some "positivity" back.... (sorry if it's been posted already and I ask of you all to excuse me if it already has been because this thread is >500 fuckin pages long!!! :lol:)

So here is an axluff(??) moment I noticed while watching the Knockin On Heaven's Door during the Freddie Mercury Tribute concert - at 1:30 Axl audibly places the mic stand on the stage in front of him, at 1:32 Duff turns towards Axl as though he noticed something was up and then of course the high-five/hand-holding at 1:40.

Just thought it was a sweet moment is all...

Can't view it here in the U.S.

I suggest that the Erin/Stephanie discussion is avoided. Most of the times this subject has come up it has turned into a heated debate (more than any other topic discussed here) even on a personal level. I understand that some people are passionate about it but I think it's pointless to argue over it, because nobody has the whole picture (even though some of the posters here have access to some information that is not public) and everybody chooses what to believe from what has been said by people who were directly involved or have some knowledge of the situations due to their proximity to the people involved. So if someone believes that Axl didn't really love Stephanie, it's fine. If they believe he loved her to death, it's fine again. It's just opinion and speculation.

Edited by Blackstar
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, Padme said:

Did you read the interview? He made more than one phone call. He send flowers, pets and letters on different occations. Erin said he did all this for more than one year. Sure he wanted forgiveness. He obviously cared great deal about her

I think we are going in circles now.

The relationship with Stephanie didn't begin immediately after the breakup. As I said earlier, maybe at first he was sending gifts, perhaps hoping to win her back, then later (when with Stephanie) just tried to contact her for whatever reason.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, lilacmess said:

@Asia are you ready for another 2016 era fanvid?

Yeah @Asia! I was thinking about it the other day...it has to be done. There's a lot of new Slaxl material already (never enough though) If you need help with finding some footage that is lost in the threads, I can help and I'm sure the other girls and our chairman will help also ;)

5 minutes ago, SerenityScorp said:

Post all of Your Slaxl pics:headbang: to proves tht Axl loves Slash more thn Erin or Steph:rolleyes:

axl_and_dj_by_tianafinn-d4juuwz.jpg

I'm sorry...found this the other day...had to share :vomit:

1 minute ago, dgnr said:

Yeah @Asia! I was thinking about it the other day...it has to be done. There's a lot of new Slaxl material already (never enough though) If you need help with finding some footage that is lost in the threads, I can help and I'm sure the other girls and our chairman will help also ;)

axl_and_dj_by_tianafinn-d4juuwz.jpg

I'm sorry...found this the other day...had to share :vomit:

Thnk God I didnt drink anything