GNR Women's discussion

Carlycosmos

17 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

On the second Sydney show thread, comments bashing Axl's performance on Whole Lotta Rosie and saying that he's done with AC/DC because of that, followed by theories that Axl hates Australia.

Meanwhile, on the AC/DC forum...

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

After reading all this, I watched the video of Rosie (I missed it live) expecting a complete disaster. It wasn't so bad :shrugs:. Axl has sung it like this on some AC/DC shows. As for Angus, the guy just made a mistake.

I can't believe they actually have a theory that Axl hates Australia :lol: 

Why would he go there if he hates it so much? For what it's worth he could just add shows in northern England and Scotland and other parts of Europe to make up the lost money and leave them out altogether. If he hates them so much. 

I remeber standing in Manchester and thinking on some AC/DC songs that if Axl sang GnR songs like that it wouldn't be good enough for us. To me, he sounded perfect that night, but I remeber thinking that, especially on You Shook Me All Night Long :shrugs:

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Why would he go there if he hates it so much? For what it's worth he could just add shows in northern England and Scotland and other parts of Europe to make up the lost money and leave them out altogether. If he hates them so much. 

I remeber standing in Manchester and thinking on some AC/DC songs that if Axl sang GnR songs like that it wouldn't be good enough for us. To me, he sounded perfect that night, but I remeber thinking that, especially on You Shook Me All Night Long :shrugs:

When I read that theory, I was like my god those guys have freakin lost their mind. It is utterly ridiculous. I like to read the show threads since I am not able to watch the shows live right now, but it is torture. I can not stand hearing all the nitpicking, stupid ass theories, and complaints. Ok, rant over!:lol:

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

When I read that theory, I was like my god those guys have freakin lost their mind. It is utterly ridiculous. I like to read the show threads since I am not able to watch the shows live right now, but it is torture. I can not stand hearing all the nitpicking, stupid ass theories, and complaints. Ok, rant over!:lol:

I agree... out of likes:P

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Blackstar said:

On the second Sydney show thread, comments bashing Axl's performance on Whole Lotta Rosie and saying that he's done with AC/DC because of that, followed by theories that Axl hates Australia.

Meanwhile, on the AC/DC forum...

:rofl-lol::rofl-lol:

After reading all this, I watched the video of Rosie (I missed it live) expecting a complete disaster. It wasn't so bad :shrugs:. Axl has sung it like this on some AC/DC shows. As for Angus, the guy just made a mistake.

I don't get all the criticism -- I'm not the most knowledgeable about the technical aspects of music, its more the feelings/emotions.  However, when you watch the videos of the shows  those guys are working their asses off.  They are giving 110% at every show and you can feel that they love every minute of it. I saw them twice last year and they were the two best concerts I've ever seen of any band.   I remember walking out of the stadium feeling like I had just seen a legendary moment like seeing Jimmy Hendrix or Rolling Stones back in the day.

1 hour ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Could they zoom in a little closer?:lol::lol:

I love 2016-2017 Axl. 

• Like 4

8 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I guess it's safe to say all crazy fans love nitpicking. All kinds of fandom. The bigger the fandom, the pickier their fans :facepalm:

I have seen this kind everywhere in reddit, tumblr, it can't bother me much anymore...

7 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

I understand people who say his voice is weak on certain songs, because it is, I don't think it's because he hates Australia though :lol:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

I guess it's safe to say all crazy fans love nitpicking. All kinds of fandom. The bigger the fandom, the pickier their fans :facepalm:

I have seen this kind everywhere in reddit, tumblr, it can't bother me much anymore...

Yeah I quit trying to fight them, unless they get really asinine with their comments. They all think they are experts. Since I have been waiting nearly 30 years to get to see them, I would be so fuckin' happy to finally see them. I have seen Aerosmith five times when I was younger and can say that two of those times were not that good because Steven Tyler was actually having throat issues.

3 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

I understand people who say his voice is weak on certain songs, because it is, I don't think it's because he hates Australia though :lol:

Right, exactly! He has always been weak on certain songs....but to blame it on Australia. Um, no. :facepalm:

5 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

Yeah, I hear ya....I just read it super fast and keep scrolling. I never say anything but sometimes I need to vent and so I do it here, my safe place haha. :) 

6 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Agree with that. Those comments actually make no sense at all. That's like saying you got a bad burger at McDonald's and then claiming it's because McDonald's doesn't like the state or country where you got it.

1 minute ago, BlueJean Baby said:

Yeah I quit trying to fight them, unless they get really asinine with their comments. They all think they are experts. Since I have been waiting nearly 30 years to get to see them, I would be so fuckin' happy to finally see them. I have seen Aerosmith five times when I was younger and can say that two of those times were not that good because Steven Tyler was actually having throat issues.

They are so ungrateful. They've been to their concerts while the members are separate, they've been seeing this line up, some of them even for several times, some of them have even seeing them live in the 80s-90s and here I am, never ever seen GN'R live. And there's no way I can see them when they were the biggest most dangerous band in the world, I was born around same time Slaxl was broken :( 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tifalucis said:

They are so ungrateful. They've been to their concerts while the members are separate, they've been seeing this line up, some of them even for several times, some of them have even seeing them live in the 80s-90s and here I am, never ever seen GN'R live. And there's no way I can see them when they were the biggest most dangerous band in the world, I was born around same time Slaxl was broken :( 

I feel your pain, I have it too. :shrugs:

36 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

They love to hate everything over there in the main section :wacko:

25 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

15 minutes ago, marlingrl03 said:

11 minutes ago, Fansince88 said:

I don't get all the criticism -- I'm not the most knowledgeable about the technical aspects of music, its more the feelings/emotions.  However, when you watch the videos of the shows  those guys are working their asses off.  They are giving 110% at every show and you can feel that they love every minute of it. I saw them twice last year and they were the two best concerts I've ever seen of any band.   I remember walking out of the stadium feeling like I had just seen a legendary moment like seeing Jimmy Hendrix or Rolling Stones back in the day.

I think that the current band is good for what it is now and that Axl is very good on some songs but mediocre on others (and Paradise City is bad overall and not just because of the vocals), but, like @MillionsOfSpiders said, it's one thing to point out certain weaknesses and not sugarcoat, and another thing to nitpick everything and try to back it with absurd theories. And the "hatred for Australa" is one of the most implausible and far-fetched theories I've read here (another one was that Axl uses auto-tune :rolleyes:)

25 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

It's because, although we admit that we can't expect Axl to sound like he did in his prime, the old performances of the GnR songs are stamped on our mind and we subconsciously make the comparison. It would have been the same with You Shook Me All Night Long or High Voltage or even If You Want Blood (admittedly one of Axl's best AC/DC songs) if he had sung them in 1992, but they are good enough or stellar because there are no old performances of them.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, killuridols said:

Stop tagging that person.... If it's the real Slash, all this madness will scare him away and if it's not, then :facepalm: at you.

:thumbsup:

4 hours ago, Whiskey Rose said:

So someone came in here and stole @Andy14's gif?? Not cool. But on the other hand Andy, what if it is someone on the GnR team? I know you want your privacy with these, but playing devil's advocate here, they are so good, they deserve to be seen!! And they are not disrespectful or anything, so none of the guys would get offended, I think they would love them.. I think you should upload them all and tweet them to everybody in the GnR Universe, thus claiming your creative genius.. :ph34r:

GN'R or not,deserve to be seen or not its up  to Andy if She want to share it. They need to ask permission N' tag the Artist who makes it.

3 minutes ago, BlueJean Baby said:

He was just here again

Why do I feel like it's Axl not Slash. Slash isn't really into reading things like this, or is he.:jerkoff: I remember Dizzy saying they have a couple days rest so it's very possible he's here. How did you know he was here again?

Edited by Ubukitty
Addition

1 minute ago, Ubukitty said:

Why do I feel like it's Axl not Slash. Slash isn't really into reading things like this, or is he.:jerkoff:

There's an interview with Slash and Duff talking about reading the VR forums back in the day so I wouldn't be surprised if they still did. I'll see if I can find it...

Edited by Kris_1989
  • Like 1