Jim Breuer: Dave Grohl Should Front AC/DC Instead of Axl Rose

RONIN

Dave Grohl... nope! 

Doesn't have the range. He would do the gig, but he's no way near as good a choice as Axl.

I hear what he's saying though. Dave would go up and say "this is for Brian" etc. But Axl obviously isn't doing that. He did however make his intentions very clear in the Interviews: he's there for as long as they need/want him, if Brian comes back he's gone, if Brian can't come back and they want to do more he's open if he's available.

• Like 3

11 hours ago, DMathski said:

He does have a good point that it would be cool to see Axl mention Brian during the show I don't believe he's done that...

That would be awkward. I don't think he should do that. People might take it the wrong way.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, NicoRourke said:

That would be awkward. I don't think he should do that. People might take it the wrong way.

I agree. It would be awkward and whatever Axl says, there will be people who will misinterpret it.

• Like 1

On 6/4/2016 at 4:54 AM, spliff said:

Relax Axl's defense force.. it's just an interview/opinion

1. Tired of listening to @JimBreuer badmouth @axlrose...Axl is killing it for AC/DC. All Breuer's ever done is talk shit about GN'R and Axl

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

@gnrbader @axlrose Chad - I think he sounds fine ? For me ( as a fan) it's like trying to accept a step mother - I'm not ready ...

0 retweets0 likes

Retweet

More

@JimBreuer @axlrose Jim-That's fair enough and I hear you. Axl has taken a lot of heat over this and unjustly so. He deserves better...

0 retweets

Retweet

More
@gnrbader @axlrose he's the innocent one here. I'm seeing him with G&R . THAT I'm excited to see

If you've seen any of the clips of him talking about GnR, it's pretty clear he doesn't think much of the band or Axl. His "praise" is usually comprised of backhanded compliments.

I'm guessing he wants to stay in Axl's good books in case he runs into him. 

Dave Grohl represents rock n' roll to him, but Axl, an icon and rock legend, doesn't? <_<

• Like 3

21 hours ago, Tom2112 said:

Dave would go up and say "this is for Brian" etc. But Axl obviously isn't doing that.

Why would anyone say that? How cheesy would that be? What does it mean anyway? It is not for Brian. It's for the fans... for AC/DC.... their crew. To finish the tour. The douche really shouldn't dictate what others should say.

9 hours ago, PatrickS77 said:

Why would anyone say that? How cheesy would that be? What does it mean anyway? It is not for Brian. It's for the fans... for AC/DC.... their crew. To finish the tour. The douche really shouldn't dictate what others should say.

Well it's a nod to a guy who's been forced into retirement, and it's a nod to the fans of the band that are disappointed that Brian isn't there. 

Axl has given Brian a nod simply by singing his music with respect and acknowledging how great a singer Brian was and what a challenge it us to sing a lot if his songs.

And yes, these gigs are for the money and the fans (that order),still nothing g wrong with tipi g the cap to Brian... seen as he was the lead si Ger for 36yrs, and he didn't leave on bad terms.

Edited by Tom2112

50 minutes ago, Tom2112 said:

Well it's a nod to a guy who's been forced into retirement, and it's a nod to the fans of the band that are disappointed that Brian isn't there. 

Axl has given Brian a nod simply by singing his music with respect and acknowledging how great a singer Brian was and what a challenge it us to sing a lot if his songs.

And yes, these gigs are for the money and the fans (that order),still nothing g wrong with tipi g the cap to Brian... seen as he was the lead si Ger for 36yrs, and he didn't leave on bad terms.

And yet the shows are still not for Brian, so no need to say they are. ;-) He said that him joining the band is no reason to celebrate, because of Brian's circumstance. That's nod enough.

Jim I think you're an excellent comic. But please -Dave grohl? Axl is killing it and you should enjoy it while it lasts. It could a been some nobody from an ac dc cover band that's what the options were. You seriously think that would a been better? Angus wants to continue on so that's happening. If Brian was capable I would hope it would be with him, but that's not the case. They had a bunch of shows sold and Axl stepped in to help, end of story. Hopefully Brian returns but if he doesn't I hope ac dc continues. 

Jeez people lighten up Breuer  is not criticizing Axl he is just expressing his opinion as he is a very close friend of Brian's......

Jim actually just put out a Rock album and did this song with Brian and sings with him.  He was on Howard Stern yesterday and told the story that when they played it back Brian could not tell when it was him or Breuer singing at times........Jim does an amazing Brian Johnson imitation IMHO

Edited by classicrawker

12 hours ago, classicrawker said:

Jeez people lighten up Breuer  is not criticizing Axl he is just expressing his opinion as he is a very close friend of Brian's......

Jim actually just put out a Rock album and did this song with Brian and sings with him.  He was on Howard Stern yesterday and told the story that when they played it back Brian could not tell when it was him or Breuer singing at times........Jim does an amazing Brian Johnson imitation IMHO

Does this sound like a guy who likes Axl/Gnr?