Top 5 Axl/DC songs

dgnr

So following @thedemocracyrose idea of rating the top 5 concerts, why not rate the top 5 songs?

1- Back in Black
(the 'sings it like he means it' says it all)

2- Thunderstruck
(those screams, that rasp :drool:)

3-For Those About to Rock
(his voice just fits this song like a glove)

4- Rock or Bust
(he gives a whole new life to this song. Everyday I find myself singing it)

5-Hells Bells
(because it's inhumane. He has to be a god to pull this of so perfectly)

Edited by dgnr
  • Like 1

Hard to choose five... To me he was a breath of fresh air to most of the songs. But these are the five songs that came to mind first.

1. If you want blood

2. For those about to rock

3. Hells bells

4. Hell aint a bad place to be

5. Shot down in flames

For me this would be like the classic comment of choosing between your children ... (even though i only have one, but :) )

I think he did good on all eventually... some took a bit longer to  get the groove and rythm and tempo ... I felt that you could tell he perhaps not used to sing that "slow" .. he more agressive and forward pushing on his own material ... (exept ballands... yes of course) ... so imo he had a little problem with BIB and and FTATR and a few other in the beginning but that got better quickly ,,,and after that i think he did all realy good... Then it just comes down to favourites... and again i could pick all easily... but i have said and i say again.. High Voltage ,,, it looked like they had a blast playing that ... and that Axl realy liked that to ... and...Hell Aint A Bad Place To Be...

The thing he did good excelent ....was to get that phrasing and accentuating right on both how Bon sings and how Brian sings ... that impressed me... and then he put his vioce and energy and little bits and pieces of his style on it to ....

im absolutely sure no one else would have come close....

at the end it was... just like he never done nothing else....

I thought he was awesome on Givin The Dog Abone .. to ...

ALL OF THEM ... :)

Edited by night prowler
  • Like 1

Tough choice - the only songs I don't really think suit Axl's voice are TNT and Touch Too Much (And in defense of that one, it may get better if they do it more). If I had to pick 5 though...

1. Shoot To Thrill

2. Thunderstruck

3. Given The Dog A Bone

4. Rock Or Bust

5. Shot Down In Flames

6 hours ago, night prowler said:

For me this would be like the classic comment of choosing between your children ... (even though i only have one, but :) )

I think he did good on all eventually... some took a bit longer to  get the groove and rythm and tempo ... I felt that you could tell he perhaps not used to sing that "slow" .. he more agressive and forward pushing on his own material ... (exept ballands... yes of course) ... so imo he had a little problem with BIB and and FTATR and a few other in the beginning but that got better quickly ,,,and after that i think he did all realy good... Then it just comes down to favourites... and again i could pick all easily... but i have said and i say again.. High Voltage ,,, it looked like they had a blast playing that ... and that Axl realy liked that to ... and...Hell Aint A Bad Place To Be...

The thing he did good excelent ....was to get that phrasing and accentuating right on both how Bon sings and how Brian sings ... that impressed me... and then he put his vioce and energy and little bits and pieces of his style on it to ....

im absolutely sure no one else would have come close....

at the end it was... just like he never done nothing else....

I thought he was awesome on Givin The Dog Abone .. to ...

ALL OF THEM ... :)

the surprise for me was Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be. I never really was that keen on it until someone was talking to me about the lyrics. i'm a lyrics person thoughI also love a good beat but when I found out what the song was about I really started liking it.. a LOT! it would have made my top 10 if that was the choice :) 

2 hours ago, Powerage5 said:

Tough choice - the only songs I don't really think suit Axl's voice are TNT and Touch Too Much (And in defense of that one, it may get better if they do it more). If I had to pick 5 though...

1. Shoot To Thrill

2. Thunderstruck

3. Given The Dog A Bone

4. Rock Or Bust

5. Shot Down In Flames

TTM was pretty damn good (speaking mostly of Axl, the backing vocals are horrid) in Aarhaus. Way better than Prague.

14 minutes ago, AxlsFavoriteRose said:

the surprise for me was Hell Ain't A Bad Place To Be. I never really was that keen on it until someone was talking to me about the lyrics. i'm a lyrics person thoughI also love a good beat but when I found out what the song was about I really started liking it.. a LOT! it would have made my top 10 if that was the choice :) 

Don't mind her playing a demon
As long as it's with me
If this is hell then you could say
It's heavenly

• Like 1

1. Thunderstruck

2. Sin City

3. Rock n’ Roll Damnation

4. If you want Blood You Got it

5. Givin the Dog a Bone

I'd still like to hear more Chris Slade tracks, Big Gun ofcourse, but some more Razor's Edge material like "Fire your Guns" or "Rock your heart out".