10/29/16 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional

alfierose

16 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

Don't Cry

I can't tell much bc the crowd is having fun and singing along, but it seems Axl doesn't go for some notes when he performs in SA, it's like he knows he's getting help so he lays off a bit and is a tad more conservative versus in the states he's all alone haha 

i guess the only evidence I have is 2014 he was terrible vocally in SA then got to Vegas and turned it around started to sound decent again. So idk if it's that he's just started this leg or simply not going to go after some notes bc he'll be drowned out anyways. 

He sounds fine, but I just think he was slightly better in NA based off what I've seen in SA two shows in. 

9 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

I can't tell much bc the crowd is having fun and singing along, but it seems Axl doesn't go for some notes when he performs in SA, it's like he knows he's getting help so he lays off a bit and is a tad more conservative versus in the states he's all alone haha 

i guess the only evidence I have is 2014 he was terrible vocally in SA then got to Vegas and turned it around started to sound decent again. So idk if it's that he's just started this leg or simply not going to go after some notes bc he'll be drowned out anyways. 

He sounds fine, but I just think he was slightly better in NA based off what I've seen in SA two shows in. 

Saw Axl sound awesome here in Porto Alegre 2010, the rasp was all over the place and we also had Baz as opener :headbang:

I think he sounded weaker on these first shows maybe cuz he's sick

Edited by jafeijo
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Gibbo said:

He sounds so badass on parts of this and weak on others, but when he goes to stand by Slash (2:42-2:52) that voice is menacing, imo this song needs that low growl. It just makes it sound 100 times better and brings some emotion to it.

@Italian girlas far as Axl's voice in NA versus SA I think another factor is he's performed so many shows this year already and in such a short span, might just be some fatigue. But yea I agree that in NA that was the start of the tour, they needed to make a good first impression and Axl delivered. I'm convinced though that Axl will get stronger on this SA leg. He has that tendency, however I think where his voice has been the last 2 shows is telling that he wasn't doing much singing on his little break. He's going to have to rebuild some of that vocal power/strength but it wasn't a long break so I expect he'll be firing on all cylinders shortly. 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 3

I was there, epic show. Axl & the guys were awesome, especially Slash. Estranged blew my mind. Pretty decent Rocket Queen and YCBM vocal performances by Axl, he is improving his "middle voice" i think. The only two bad things of the night: Axl vocals at Coma (if he keep singing like that in that song they should remove it from the setlist or just make it instrumental) and the fact that they left out Patience.

1 hour ago, marlingrl03 said:

Well If history repeats itself you will get that....you guys had great set lists last time! :)

yeah i know last time was yestedays and twat maybe this time we can get i don't know prostitute and irs :D or any extra song should be great the thing is that i don't want the same setlist like the show of peru n chile  

2 hours ago, shjtjustgotreal said:

I should move to south america, NA crowd fcking sucks :D:D 

I love the enthusiasm of the SA crowds however for me as long as there is a crowd that looks like they are enjoying the music I say its a good crowd regardless of location or physical jumping around and whatnot :) 

4 hours ago, GNR 1991 said:

This setlist is beyond stale at this point. Add to the fact that they've completely abandoned the section with either OTGM or Michelle, both songs Axl shines on.  

Although if it is true that Axl is sick that gives good reason to take it easy.  However I do agree that a couple of song change ups would more than be welcomed in the next few shows