10/29/16 - Santiago, CL - Estadio Nacional

alfierose

27 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

That crowd is insane!!! That has got to pump the band up like crazy.  Best crowd of the tour so far, imo.

Out of likes but so agree! Will be great fun to see who can top that and who in the end after the SA tour is over will be crowned best crowd! :D

Edited by marlingrl03
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

People need to stop comparing GN'R shows to the AC/DC shows.  It just shows how little you understand about music and vocals.  AC/DC songs basically have ONE vocal range and style...it's all rasp, all the time.   Guns N' Roses songs have a much, much broader range and require more than one style of vocals to sing. 

The reason Axl Rose is considered by many industry professionals as one of the best singers of all time is because he has a 6 octave vocal range.  6 FUCKING OCTAVES and he was recorded using his 6 octave range on Guns N' Roses songs.

http://www.concerthotels.com/worlds-greatest-vocal-ranges

this! yes! i have been trying to tell people this but they don't want to listen, smh...

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, Kasanova King said:

People need to stop comparing GN'R shows to the AC/DC shows.  It just shows how little you understand about music and vocals.  AC/DC songs basically have ONE vocal range and style...it's all rasp, all the time.   Guns N' Roses songs have a much, much broader range and require more than one style of vocals to sing. 

The reason Axl Rose is considered by many industry professionals as one of the best singers of all time is because he has a 6 octave vocal range.  6 FUCKING OCTAVES and he was recorded using his 6 octave range on Guns N' Roses songs.

http://www.concerthotels.com/worlds-greatest-vocal-ranges

Yea except saying ACDC songs are all in one range is completely inaccurate. He was hitting extreamly high notes on the Brian material and found a nice mid voice on much of Bon's    

Axl's current range isn't 6 octaves but what ACDC showed us is that those songs are in a range that works for his current voice and with a little effort he could use a similar style on songs like YCBM PC SCOM and the easiest of all to change would be November Rain. The voice he uses in the outro of Patience would work for NR. 

We haven't had Axl on vocals on different material since Baz released his album in 06 so ACDC is really the rare chance we got to see what Axl could do singing something other than Guns material and he proved to be exceptional. The reaction from the world agreed he was great. I think it's a natural comparison to make. 

We know Axl still sounds good, but he might be expecting too much of himself if he's trying to sing the "tougher" songs in their original pitch/key/octave or whatever. But yea it's just something I noticed and see an easy fix for. 

13 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

The voice he uses in the outro of Patience would work for NR. 

This. He should also use it for YCBM, parts of Estranged, and songs where he generally sounds Mickey. He's 54 I can't fault him losing some range but Axl should focus on reworking the songs in a way he can sing them. YCBM right now is dreadful to listen to save for the bridge. While yes, the new vocal technique wouldn't be similiar to the studio version it would sound a hell of a lot better than how it sounds now.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Kasanova King said:

That crowd is insane!!! That has got to pump the band up like crazy.  Best crowd of the tour so far, imo.

56 minutes ago, dontdamnmeuyi2015 said:

I told you fans are going crazy for GNR!

This is the epic tour!

Enjoy your South American and Mexican fans!:headbang:

Has anyone noticed the camera crane in front of the stage? Was that for recording purposes or just for the screens... Anyway, even though there were 65 thousand at Mexico City shows this Chile crowd tops it all...

• Like 1

show looks cool, the problem is the stale setlist.

it takes away much of the excitement for us following online.

how hard can it be to play Nightrain as opener once in a while?  rotate the songs a bit too.

I am excited Axl and Slash are back together and it's working out but please....I'm starting to get bored.

it's not just GNR never changing their shows but the skeleton of this setlist has been the same since 2002.

17 minutes ago, AxlRoseCDII said:

This. He should also use it for YCBM, parts of Estranged, and songs where he generally sounds Mickey. He's 54 I can't fault him losing some range but Axl should focus on reworking the songs in a way he can sing them. YCBM right now is dreadful to listen to save for the bridge. While yes, the new vocal technique wouldn't be similiar to the studio version it would sound a hell of a lot better than how it sounds now.

To me it's all about how his voice projects

i posted this in the other thread but you can hear how loud his voice is, how clear it is and it sounds damn good while he's running around. Then at the end he goes back to that high voice that is hardly audible and sounds like it's coming from the back of his head. 

to me it shows the clearest difference in his voices and shows why he should focus on how his voice projects. Because this outro voice is perfect to my ears

another thing I noticed is he has to use a lot more power to get that high voice to sound good, while the other voice he can sprint around and use minimal effort and sound brilliant 

Edited by IncitingChaos
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

To me it's all about how his voice projects

i posted this in the other thread but you can hear how loud his voice is, how clear it is and it sounds damn good while he's running around. Then at the end he goes back to that high voice that is hardly audible and sounds like it's coming from the back of his head. 

to me it shows the clearest difference in his voices and shows why he should focus on how his voice projects. Because this outro voice is perfect to my ears

I love the patience outros from this tour also, that's pure vintage Axl. But yeah, I completely agree. As a singer I can tell he's using his head voice when it's mickey, while the general meat and potatoes of the rasp comes from his chest and throat.

5 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

It doesn't matter what he sounds like to us watching via periscope, it matters to the fans at the venue and I'm pretty sure they are very happy with what they get.

And just to add to this so it doesn't turn into a YouTube versus live debate, the show I went to was 100% incredible. I spent no time studying how Axl was sounding just enjoyed one of the best tours this year and had a great time! 

But I can't go to these shows so I'm just being a critic and hope it doesn't take away from anyone who attended. We all know how great the shows are live. 

But with that said if you attended a show in 2010 you could tell a difference and if Guns ever do a live performance for tv I hope we get less high Mickey vocals. 

3 minutes ago, vloors said:

Would love a straight rock setlist just for at least one show. No ballads. But thats not going to happen.

The average fan expects certain songs (the singles) at the concert and guns n roses are expected to play em.

Well, if they had 10-15 albums then there could be shows without some hits now and then, but if they drop all ballads they would have half empty arenas (in best case scenario)...

1 minute ago, oaka said:

We keep forgetting that a year ago this tour and its massive success were not even an issue for the fans! Let's enjoy this reunion/regrouping (whatever you want to call it), this historical moment in rock and the fact that everything seems to work so well and let's stop whining. Still to this moment I can't believe that we are living these moments...I never thought that it would be possible. Thanks to this tour and the enthusiasm it has generated in my soul I have found a way of escapism from some really negative things in my life. So, THANK YOU GNR FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART and I don't care if the set list is stale, if Axl's rasp was missing in Paradise City or whatever....I WAKE UP AND THERE ARE VIDEOS OF AXL, SLASH AND DUFF PERFORMING TOGETHER IN SOLD OUT STADIUMS!!!!! Say whaaaaaat????????? THAT'S ENOUGH FOR ME. 'Cause I never dreamt I would relive these moments. 

Haha well said, I'll lay off the criticisms till next time. Still love what's going on with this band 

• Like 1

I saw Axl in 2010 and again in 2012. I honestly had a much better time in 2012, the setlist was much better for me as he added Civil War and Estranged. 

In 2012 both times Axls voice was shot by PC but it didn't matter cos we were singing it so loud with him, and he was definitely giving it his all. 

6 minutes ago, janrichmond said:

@IncitingChaos i haven't seen them since 93 so I'm certain Axl will sound very different but i know i'll still enjoy it to the max:lol:

Yep :) 

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

We know Axl still sounds good, but he might be expecting too much of himself if he's trying to sing the "tougher" songs in their original pitch/key/octave or whatever. 

This! I think most of us would prefer it, if Axl would use a different kind of voice on certain songs. But I guess this is why people call Axl a perfectionist. He wants to sing songs in their original pitch/key, even if it means that he'll sound like Mickey. He doesn't want to cheat. He doesn't want to make the songs easier for himself, even if the songs would sound better that way. No matter what, he always tries to sing the songs in their original pitch/key. That's just how it is.

17 hours ago, GN'R MEX said:

i hope to see a better setlist here in mexico 

Best predictor of future behaviour is past behaviour so I wouldn't expect anything too different from these recent shows. Any changes will be a slow evolution I think rather than a radically different set list happening overnight

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, scooby845 said:

anyone managed to find one of these? or Lima ones?

These picks are awesome but isn't the real excitement from getting a pick at the show because it was actually used by Slash / Richard / Duff? Doesn't seem quite as cool getting an unused one 

• Like 1