Why aren't they playing...

16 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

Fuck if I know lol

No argument there

Yeah it was the only reason I typed what I did. Believe me I want izzy and Steven there full time, I'd prefer sorum over Frank even though Frank has gotten better. But even now, Adler is still soooooo much better at the appetite material than Frank. 

Unfortunately not our decision to make. But to me I'd figure duff and slash wanted sorum before Frank, if it was an equal partnership and majority decision I feel like we'd have sorum

Edited by Billsfan
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, Billsfan said:

Yeah it was the only reason I typed what I did. Believe me I want izzy and Steven there full time, I'd prefer sorum over Frank even though Frank has gotten better. But even now, Adler is still soooooo much better at the appetite material than Frank. 

Unfortunately not our decision to make. But to me I'd figure duff and slash wanted sorum before Frank, if it was an equal partnership and majority decision I feel like we'd have sorum

You have to think Adler is going to be 'popping up' again somewhere, he's still said nothing at all on social media or to the press. Do you think he would have by now if that was all he was getting? I don't know what to think :/ that can't be it for him. I hope not anyway.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

You have to think Adler is going to be 'popping up' again somewhere, he's still said nothing at all on social media or to the press. Do you think he would have by now if that was all he was getting? I don't know what to think :/ that can't be it for him. I hope not anyway.

Yeah I'm willing to bet Adler will be back and it wasn't just the two shows. Just select shows that work out with his schedule 

• Like 2

On 7/21/2016 at 3:48 AM, Lumikki said:

I don't get it either. I don't hate CITR, but there are so many better songs on CD.

And if it were up to me, they'd drop more than half of the set list :awesomeface:

Get rid of November Rain, Paradise City, It's So Easy, Brownstone, KOHD, LALD, Seeker, Out Ta Get Me, YCBM, My Michelle, Patience, DTJ, Chinese Democracy, TIL, CITR, Attitude/New Rose, Godfather theme and other unnecessary solos

Keep:

Jungle
Nightrain
Rocket Queen
Estranged
Coma
Civil War
Don't Cry (preferably the 87 or the alt. version, and make it a fixed spot on the set list then)
SCOM (because the casuals like it, but I wouldn't mind to see that one go either)
Better
Sorry

Add from the GNR back catalogue:

14 Years
Yesterdays
Dead Horse
Breakdown or Locomotive (can alternate those)
Don't Damn Me
Ain't It Fun
So Fine (for Duff's solo spot)

Add from CD:

Prostitute
Street of Dreams
TWAT and Shackler's Revenge (can alternate those too, just like Breakdown and Locomotive)

Add from VR/Slash's solo stuff (they could regularly swap some of those in and out):

Back And Forth Again
Back To The Moment
Slither
Fall To Pieces
Starlight
Gotten
By The Sword

And while we're at it, let's throw some of Izzy's solo stuff in too. Maybe some of these:

Sweet Caress
River
Shuffle It All
Gotta Say
Take A Look At That Guy

Obviously, we need Izzy for a lot of these, so get him back and make this reunion perfect. Don't care who drums, Frank can stay as far as I'm concerned.

:awesomeface::awesomeface::awesomeface:

You're mad...

No way on earth can you get rid of Paradise City!. There is no song on earth better to close any bands concert with. I'm ok with you axing anything in favor of another song, but axing Paradise City is like saying "I like my body but get rid of my heart".....No WAY!

I will say, I love the idea of Startlight & Don't Damn Me that you had.... they definitely NEED to be there at some point.

Edited by SlashElvisTCB
  • Like 1

The fact they are playing CD songs gives me hope they are or might be continuing to develop on from CD to the next record. If it was just old material I would feel like it was dead in the water. 

Chinese Democracy, Sorry, Better, This I Love, Catcher in the Rye  add to the show. 

23 hours ago, Tom-Ass said:

ok, it is Guns N' Roses but every band has album that flopped and not many cared about. I don't think many of them continue to play four songs a night off of them. Bands have entire albums that they leave for the wayside. Not saying Axl needs to do that but how many songs have they played off CD this tour? 6? They haven't played that many off either Illusions album and those are far more popular. It isn't even close. LIES? Half the shows they don't even play 1 song from it. It just seems like Axl is beating a Dead Horse with CD.. Like he is still trying to justify it is great and sell it to people. It was a Guns album buy title but every one knows it was Axl's solo album.. His "vision". Play a couple songs off of it.. fine. But four a night is overkill when their are so many fan favorites that aren't being played. 

I have a vision of The Stones playing four songs from Dirty Work haha.

• Like 1

On 7/22/2016 at 10:49 PM, killuridols said:

What you quoted in red color is exactly where the mistake lies. The mistake fans from the old era make, that is. 

When the official announcement of the return of Slash and Duff was made, the press release never mentioned "reunion" or "classic era". It was worded out as "regrouping" of the "iconic lineup". The only names included in the PR were Slash and Duff. There were never promises of Izzy or Adler or Sorum or anyone else. The person you quoted is wrong and they are basically lying because there is no official message from the band where you can quote them saying this tour "is about playing the classics". Truth is not much was revealed regarding who were the other players in the band or what kind of setlist it was going to be. So making up that this tour is about playing the classics and only the classics it is basically spreading erroneous information.

It's not true either that the setlist is "CD heavy". They started playing only 3 songs from CD and now upgraded to 4, but there's still other 20 songs that belong to the "classic era", including all the radio hits the casuals are eager to listen to. Complaining about barely a handful of CD songs in the setlist is definitely a "hater" kind of bitching that makes no sense at all.

Regarding the members of the previous lineups, I never felt enough disdain for them as to avoid going to a show if they ever came near my town. Seeing Axl was a bigger reward for me to look after, rather than sink myself into disgust for some guys who are not criminals, just musicians who were granted the opportunity to play in a great band. Maybe it plays a big factor that I live in Argentina and it is not very often that we have the chance to see artists of Axl's caliber, for which every time it happens, we feel very grateful and don't pass on the opportunity just like that. Perhaps that is why they love coming here and are so fond of our audiences. They know we genuinely love what they do and are loyal to them. Every show for me was amazing, I have no complains about the live shows the nuGNR lineup put on because they sounded great every time.

As for age and all that, I repeat, to me is not about how old you are but what kind of approach you've taken in your life. I was around in the 90s and lived the "old era" too, not the AFD/Lies one, the UYI one, so I guess I know where I'm standing in time and place. It seems that we are just different when it comes to remembering those days. I don't feel nostalgic because I moved on with Axl. People feel nostalgic of something that it is not there anymore. I grew up, he grew up, he grew older, I'm older too and I don't miss what I know it's gone and it's not coming back. I like who he is now, the artist he's become and how well he's doing this year after so much pain. You won't see me crying over his photos of when he was 28 years old or watching old videos from the shows in the 80s-90s. I'm looking forward to see him in November again after 5 years, not to be transported to 1992 but to enjoy the songs that have become the soundtrack of my life.

And I wasn't talking about you when in my previous posts I mentioned feeling sorry for some fans attending the shows. I don't know if you have read this but just in case you haven't, I'll paste the link to this article that I read the other day and I couldn't help but feeling pity for the woman who literally shit her pants during the Philly show and everyone else who, according to this magazine, in light of "reliving" their youth have had to stoop so low.

http://www.phillymag.com/ticket/2016/07/15/guns-n-roses-review-2016-tour/#rVXyIhBsfwfHdO0u.99

Regrouping vs reunion or reuniting.. One could argue the wording as a case of semantics. I get what you're saying but I think when a lot of people heard about it there was a basic assumption that original members equal classic catalog, or at least classic catalog heavy. There was so much magic  musically within the classic lineup, and it's been so many years since those days that when it started to look like they might reunite, the thirst for the real deal lineup got very real. And yes, I believe it is about reliving that magic and excitement for a lot of us. 

Honestly I wasn't sure if you were initially referring to me or not. It seemed like you may have been, based on some language you used that was virtually identical to what I wrote in a thread I started in this forum about seeing GNR for the first time being a dream. I have learned great lessons in the past when it comes to making assumptions about personally being slighted so I didn't know for sure. 

Anyway, I read the article. Sounds like a lot of people probably felt like hell the following day lol. My husband and I will be arriving in Houston, TX for the show on the day of and staying overnight afterwards. We will definitely be taking a cab from the hotel to the show and back because we don't want to be driving along side a bunch of drunks. We just may walk back to the hotel, might get there faster and not pay just to sit in a can stuck in concert traffic. 

On 21/7/2016 at 9:51 PM, thunderram said:

The consensus attitude in this thread seems to be "why don't they play the songs I like the most and not the ones I believe suck". It's like many don't recognize the simply truth that their personal taste doesn't represent the majority. This isn't your personal iPod being programmed here. The guys are going to play a combination of their most popular songs, what they enjoy playing, and songs they are trying to introduce to those that may not be as aware of them as the hardcore fans that frequent message boards like this one.

Like it or not, but CD is the most recent and relevant release from the GN'R brand name. It makes sense why they might want to drive up interest and promote that album and the only way to do that is by playing some of the material. I personally know of several lukewarm fans that are starting to warm up to the CD material.

Afterall, they are typically performing around 25 songs per night and only 3-4 are from CD. That's not all that many considering.

I'm not sure there is consensus to beging with. Anyway here is the thing, from 2001 to 2014 Axl had nu GN'R. They played SOD, CITR, CD, Sorry, etc. There are many UYI songs that haven't been played since the 90s. It is time to get at least some of those songs back. Why? Because this is now a reunion tour.  I understand that some people wanted to know how Slash would handle CD songs. Now we know. He has done a great job. We have an answer. Well I guess it is time to burry most of CD and focus on other songs that are a better fit for a reunion tour. The same way they swap Don't Cry and Patience, well sure they can swap Estranged for Breakdown or something of that kind. Another good thing to do would be to get rid of The Seeker and replace it with Yesterday, Perfect Crime, Dead Horse, Don't Damn Me or any other song.

On 21.7.2016 at 7:02 PM, Billsfan said:

Because it's guns n roses material. Legally, and it's axls band

Probably wrong. We don't know if this is Axl's band. Axl’s band released CD. Old Guns (running by Axl, Slash and Duff)released the classic albums.

A case can be made this band is running by the three of them again

Axl is using the platform of tens of thousands of people/85% casual fans to test out the CD material after feeling like it wasn't given a fair shake. He's probably trying to convince himself that the music is great but just wasn't accepted because Slash wasn't there.

On 21.7.2016 at 10:11 AM, Frey said:

... Street of Dreams? Or TWAT or Prostitute? Or even Shackler's. Those are the highlights for me on CD, and not the songs they're currently playing.

Because all 3 suck. TWAT is only good on CD, as he doesn't cut it live. And Shackler's is an aquired taste, but all the electronical crap pretty much ruins the song. The one song they kinda should do is Madgascar.

7 hours ago, Tiffani said:

Regrouping vs reunion or reuniting.. One could argue the wording as a case of semantics. I get what you're saying but I think when a lot of people heard about it there was a basic assumption that original members equal classic catalog, or at least classic catalog heavy. There was so much magic  musically within the classic lineup, and it's been so many years since those days that when it started to look like they might reunite, the thirst for the real deal lineup got very real. And yes, I believe it is about reliving that magic and excitement for a lot of us. 

Honestly I wasn't sure if you were initially referring to me or not. It seemed like you may have been, based on some language you used that was virtually identical to what I wrote in a thread I started in this forum about seeing GNR for the first time being a dream. I have learned great lessons in the past when it comes to making assumptions about personally being slighted so I didn't know for sure. 

Anyway, I read the article. Sounds like a lot of people probably felt like hell the following day lol. My husband and I will be arriving in Houston, TX for the show on the day of and staying overnight afterwards. We will definitely be taking a cab from the hotel to the show and back because we don't want to be driving along side a bunch of drunks. We just may walk back to the hotel, might get there faster and not pay just to sit in a can stuck in concert traffic. 

Yes I am aware of people assuming things and demanding stuff based on what they want and not on what the artist want. Semantics can be argued but there is not much point in doing so because press release is out and this is what they've chosen to be called. People can assume all they want but these guys never lied, they didn't promise anything to anyone. If people are disappointed at the setlist is because they rode too high on their own assumptions and expectations. But still, I really don't see how the current setlist is not classic material heavy.

Aright, hope you have fun at the show you're going, I know you will. GNR shows are always great. Have a safe trip going to and coming back from the venue :)