11/12/16 - Sao Paulo, BR - Allianz Parque

alfierose

45 minutes ago, TOS--LOA said:

I'm gonna be that guy. Why are they being such pussies and not playing from the Alt setlist every single night? They sound killer on anything they play. What the hell are they afraid of? 

This will sound crazy, but Axl only changes the set when he's not in a good mood, or  just not feeling it. If he's happy and everything's running smoothly he tends to keep things the same, but when he wants a change of pace to energize himself or change his mood he adjust. Right now it seems things are clicking how he wants, and being consistent with the set and performance is keeping him happy...but that's just a guess based on the minimal number of interviews we have on Axl talking about playing certain songs on certain nights. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, IncitingChaos said:

This will sound crazy, but Axl only changes the set when he's not in a good mood, or  just not feeling it.

Axl talked about how they discuss it on stage. In ear monitors. The setlist is mostly the same, with a few tunes that can always change. It's not about good mood, but more of what song Axl is in the mood of playing when it comes to shit you can alternate between.

Special cases include high as fuck places, where it is difficult for Axl to sing so the order of songs might be switched around, or if the crowd is not into a song like happened for Chinese and Axl cuts it and straight to Jungle.

But mostly it's about what the band (mostly Axl) want to play. Suggestions must fly all the time. Sometimes Frank makes special requests. Now granted, he is always denied by Axl just cause it's Frank, but I'm sure Axl considers it if it's someone important or it's a good night for Axl vocally or he just fucked a model right before the show.

Edited by Rovim
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, SEPTEM said:

I dont know why some forumers complain. Songs like coma are entirely for us die hard fans.  Plus weve had twat, utlh, michelle, otgm, raw power, yesterday, sorry, even acdc songs with angus., adler, etc .   

And yet some of u say its always the same?  

U want the entire catalogue??  With the musicians u want, whenever u want,..??

Please get real and cherish what we have. This reality is waayy more than whatever any of us ever dreamed a couple of years a go. 

please give us more positive rules to follow

should i like and cherish richard the guitar player too?

19 minutes ago, Rovim said:

It does. It totally does. Axl talked about how they discuss it on stage. In ear monitors. The setlist is mostly the same, with a few tunes that can always change. It's not about good mood, but more of what song Axl is in the mood of playing when it comes to shit you can alternate between.

Special cases include high as fuck places, where it is difficult for Axl to sing so the order of songs might be switched around, or if the crowd is not into a song like happened for Chinese and Axl cut it and straight to Jungle.

But mostly it's about what the band (mostly Axl) want to play. Suggestions must fly all the time. Sometimes Frank makes special requests. Now granted, he is always denied by Axl just cause it's Frank, but I'm sure Axl considers it if it's someone important or it's a good night for Axl vocally or he just fucked a model right before the show.

In Arlington I watched Axl get pissy with someone as they were about to start Out Ta Get Me, he said "no," then realized he wasn't on the internal mic and switched as he walked back towards Melissa then My Michelle started which was really a strange set move at that time bc OTGM had become pretty consistent unless Steven was there. 

i remember the look on his face was like he was annoyed and this video shows him after he said no to OTGM and goes over to Frank and Melissa...he talked to them for a moment which I thought was weird...he just didn't seem happy about something, maybe someone messed up Better, but he looked fine after it was just a brief moment where I thought something was wrong and he changed the set. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, IncitingChaos said:

In Arlington I watched Axl get pissy with someone as they were about to start Out Ta Get Me, he said "no," then realized he wasn't on the internal mic and switched as he walked back towards Melissa then My Michelle started which was really a strange set move at that time bc OTGM had become pretty consistent unless Steven was there. 

i remember the look on his face was like he was annoyed and this video shows him after he said no to OTGM and goes over to Frank and Melissa...he talked to them for a moment which I thought was weird...he just didn't seem happy about something, maybe someone messed up Better, but he looked fine after it was just a brief moment where I thought something was wrong and he changed the set. 

Sounds like something that is completely possible with Axl. But oftentimes the reason is not because he's mad these days, more like if he notices the vibe of the show is all wrong for the song they're doing, but other than mid song changes, it is being discussed on stage between them. Axl will sometimes take into consideration what others in the band want to do as well, and if he wants to and capable vocally, he'll do it.

Edited by Rovim

Just now, Rovim said:

Sounds like something that is completely possible with Axl. But oftentimes the reason is not because he's mad these days, more like if he notices the vibe of the show is all wrong for the song they're doing, but other than mid song changes, it is been discussed on stage between them. Axl will sometimes take into consideration what others in the band want to do as well, and if he wants to and capable vocally, he'll do it.

Yea plenty of reasons to change the set, but things must be running pretty smooth if they feel the current set is holding its own with the audience. 

I just watched an interview where he talked about playing Whole Lotta Rosie and Riff Raff at a show in Florida in 2011 or 12? , said he needed to get himself going, he wasn't feeling it and those songs help...funny how he loves ACDC and how important it is to him. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Gibbo said:

It's So Easy
Mr Brownstone
Chinese Democracy
Welcome To The Jungle
Double Talkin' Jive
Better
Estranged
Live & Let Die
Rocket Queen
You Could Be Mine
You Can't Put Your Arms Around a Memory/New Rose
This I Love 
Civil War
The Godfather
Sweet Child O' Mine
Wish You Were Here
Layla/November Rain
Knockin' on Heaven's Door
Nightrain
Patience
The Seeker
Paradise City 

@gunsguy update the setlist in the OP. TWAT was not played, I guess Grace is new to the GNR forum so she din't know that she posted a pic of the general setlist floating around and TWAT is basically on alt, even though I would love to hear TWAT every night.

4 hours ago, TOS--LOA said:

I'm gonna be that guy. Why are they being such pussies and not playing from the Alt setlist every single night? They sound killer on anything they play. What the hell are they afraid of? 

I think they arent playing alt songs or extending the set cause here in São Paulo trains only work untill 00:00, if tjey extend the gig more than this, a lot of people will have to spend the night on the streets.