Aziz Ibrahim confirms Slash was to join the Stone Roses in 1996

27 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Yeah there was no mention about it, even Im hearing this for the first time. 

I thought it was a pretty well known rumour, seems to be some conflicting stories about it though. This guy says the Roses wanted to get Slash to piss off John Squires, the other story is Slash asked to join but they didn't want him and Slash says he never offered so who knows?.

Edited by Silverburst80

1 minute ago, Silverburst80 said:

I thought it was a pretty well known rumour, seems to be some conflicting stories about it though. This guy says the Roses wanted to get Slash piss off John Squires, the other story is Slash asked to join but they didn't want him and Slash says he never offered so who knows?.

Ohh for a second I thought Slash was about to join the Rolling Stones, I got confused, but still I had not heard about this rumor about Stone Roses. 

But thanks for the info!

8 minutes ago, Slash787 said:

Ohh for a second I thought Slash was about to join the Rolling Stones, I got confused, but still I had not heard about this rumor about Stone Roses. 

But thanks for the info!

Slash probably thought he was getting an offer to join the Rolling Stones he was using pretty heavy in 96. I can picture him showing up to the gig and saying to Brown " Fucking hell Mick you look weirder than normal, where's Keef?".

Edited by Silverburst80
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Silverburst80 said:

Slash probably thought he was getting an offer to join the Rolling Stones he was using pretty heavy in 96. I can picture him showing up to the gig and saying to Brown " Fucking hell Mick you look weirder than normal, where's Keef?".

LOL

1 hour ago, moreblack said:

They sound almost too soft for the kind of rock Slash likes to make.

I think if we know anything about Slash is that he may look like rock star 101 but if you take away the leathers and what not he's a pretty adaptable guitarist. Funnily enough i could see him grooving away on the wah pedal on Fools Gold he'd certainly tear Love Spreads a new one. As Mani the bass player said in hindsight " it could have been great or it could have been shite".