Myles Kennedy: We Have Recently Had Communication About Reconvening Slash & The Conspirators; New Album

6 hours ago, wasted said:

That's why it's easier for Slash to just play on CD II for Axl. But then if he brings 6 WOF type songs in. It could be a decent reunion album. I guess re-recording Axl's material with Slash helps blend the two. Looks like 2020. 

Axl chucked his own 'CD2' (if it exists) into the vault for crying out loud!!!

I think Slash and Duff will do everything in their power, everything they can to make another Guns album possible with them as part of it.

Why wouldn't they want to be on another one? a final one at least.

They said they liked Axl's tunes. I would have said I'd liked it even if I didn't and then try to be a part of it on Axl's terms, at least something I can live with.

It's all on Axl. He dictates what type of album it can be. We don't know in what capacity Slash can contribute. He is an original gunner so he can bring half an album and change Axl's way of looking at it completely or write a ton of ideas for Axl to go through, bring a couple of tunes and his lead playing.

All we know is Slash is gonna reconvene with Myles and The Conspirators, and that Axl said he wants to release more Guns music and do an AC/DC album.

Too early to tell, especially when this tour is gonna continue for a long while before they can even move forward with album plans.

Edited by Rovim

1 minute ago, Rovim said:

I think Slash and Duff will do everything in their power, everything they can to make another Guns album possible with them as part of it.

Why wouldn't they want to be on another one? a final one at least.

They said they liked Axl's tunes. I would have said I'd liked it even if I didn't and then try to be a part of it on Axl's terms, at least something I can live with.

It's all on Axl. He dictates what type of album it can be. We don't know in what capacity Slash can contribute. He is an original gunner so he can bring half an album and change Axl's way of looking at it completely or write a ton of ideas for Axl to go through, bring a couple of tunes and his lead playing.

All we know is Slash is gonna reconvene with Myles and The Conspirators, and that Axl said he wants to release more Guns music and do an AC/DC album.

Too early to tell, especially when this tour is gonna continue for a long while before they can even more forward with album plans.

You don't think GNR could go on a run like Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon or Permanent Vacation, Pump, Get a Grip? 

Just decide to make music for the fans. 

38 minutes ago, DieselDaisy said:

Axl chucked his own 'CD2' (if it exists) into the vault for crying out loud!!!

Rock n roll. 

1 hour ago, wasted said:

You don't think GNR could go on a run like Steel Wheels, Voodoo Lounge, Bridges to Babylon or Permanent Vacation, Pump, Get a Grip? 

Just decide to make music for the fans. 

Nah, not really. I think recent events with this band have led you to believe Axl might do that. He'll say Slash is a cancer and not in this lifetime and then sellout live, but I don't think he did the fake reunion for the fans or will do shit for the fans when it comes to Guns albums.

The Stones or Aerosmith never cared like I believe Axl does when it comes to his tunes.

If it was like that, he would have been more loose with his talk, but instead gave the impression he's still in about the same place mentally when it comes to Guns albums.

But that may be because I refuse to believe Axl is even capable of completely selling out and nothing he did in the studio has led me to believe that's his intention. The art, does it still come first?

It's possible there's still a difference for Axl between touring for cash and tarnishing Gn'R's perfect streak of albums with disposable shit made only as an excuse to tour more and make money.

Edited by Rovim

Nah, not really. I think recent events with this band have led you to believe Axl might do that. He'll say Slash is a cancer and not in this lifetime and then sellout live, but I don't think he did the fake reunion for the fans or will do shit for the fans when it comes to Guns albums.

The Stones or Aerosmith never cared like I believe Axl does when it comes to his tunes.

If it was like that, he would have been more loose with his talk, but instead gave the impression he's still in about the same place mentally when it comes to Guns albums.

But that may be because I refuse to believe Axl is even capable of completely selling out and nothing he did in the studio has led me to believe that's his intention. The art, does it still come first?

It's possible there's still a difference for Axl between touring for cash and tarnishing Gn'R's perfect streak of albums.

Or the tour was the only way to lure Slash back to Guns. Axl is hoping to get him back into the studio. 

CD kind of proved hardly anyone will accept Guns without Slash. So  he gave up and now really wants to bring Slash back for the fans and hopefully a record. 

9 minutes ago, wasted said:

Or the tour was the only way to lure Slash back to Guns. Axl is hoping to get him back into the studio. 

CD kind of proved hardly anyone will accept Guns without Slash. So  he gave up and now really wants to bring Slash back for the fans and hopefully a record. 

Yeah, but why specifically say in the China Exchange interview Slash can "be a part of it if he wants to"?

Even if bringing Slash back was for the fans, that doesn't mean he'll release a shit album that caters to a common denominator. There's a huge leap there that is based on not much to be honest.

Doesn't fit with How Axl did things in the past, and this fake reunion doesn't mean he completely sold out. He's still saying how his favorite tunes to play live now are Chinese tunes.

He said he always considered bringing Slash back. If that's true, (in Axl's mind) it means he could have thought about it since 2010 when Duff became a friend again or earlier.

I don't think the plan to deliver artistic visions is dead cause Slash and Duff are back in Guns, but it's possible I might be missing something. It would mean Axl lost his fire and interest to create art which is hard to believe.

Edited by Rovim

4 minutes ago, Rovim said:

Yeah, but why specifically say in the China Exchange interview Slash can "be a part of it if he wants to"?

Even if bringing Slash back was for the fans, that doesn't mean he'll release a shit album that caters to a common denominator. There's a huge leap there that is based on not much to be honest.

Doesn't fit with How Axl did things in the past, and this fake reunion doesn't mean he completely sold out. He's still saying how his favorite tunes to play live now are Chinese tunes.

He said he always considered bringing Slash back. If that's true, (in Axl's mind) it means he could have thought about it since 2010 when Duff became a friend again or earlier.

I don't think the plan to deliver artistic visions is dead cause of Slash and Duff, but it's possible I might be missing something.

Axl was offering Slash 3 songs on CD in 2001. 

It's just the excitement of the reunion must change your mindset. It's more a UYI vibe. 

With Slash he can just go in and blow the doors off. But Axl can still get his material out as well. All in a successful fan friendly way. 

It's okay I can come down from the ledge now. 

53 minutes ago, wasted said:

Axl was offering Slash 3 songs on CD in 2001. 

It's just the excitement of the reunion must change your mindset. It's more a UYI vibe. 

With Slash he can just go in and blow the doors off. But Axl can still get his material out as well. All in a successful fan friendly way. 

It's okay I can come down from the ledge now. 

You could be right. It's just I don't think it must change your mindset. Especially considering Axl is less black and white when it comes to certain things, perhaps even selling out.

Cause you know... I go back to how he talked about the next possible Guns album recently and also the importance of the vault for him and precisely because when it comes to Axl caring about what fans think, it's more the big picture. How Guns will be remembered in the long run. How much timeless he can achieve through Guns, his artistic vehicle. I think he believes the only road to total legendary status is an immaculate track record of timeless Guns albums.

Maybe that's why he mentioned he didn't do enough in Guns. He joked about the catalog being very small. That means it bothers him it's like that and maybe that could be the reason why he'll actually move his ass and deliver at least a final great Guns album with Slash and Duff fitting his musical vision.

And that's directly connected to the albums. Only to the albums as long as the tour is good enough to be lucrative. He's having a fun time making money and listening to Slash playing solos over what he worked so hard to achieve on his own, with no support from Slash and Duff.

This is a time to take it all in. And cash in. There will be a time to go back to it and tinker with super weapons at his disposal. But the goal is always total destruction. He moves slowly, but always forward. He wants to first write melodies and lyrics now. I think that's cause he still cares about what's the ideal way of making it the most organic it can be. Still artistic. Could have used a few Slash riffs and made cock rock anthems.

It ain't over until Axl has released another album. When he releases disposable shit, call me.

Edited by Rovim

1 hour ago, Rovim said:

You could be right. It's just I don't think it must change your mindset. Especially considering Axl is less black and white when it comes to certain things, perhaps even selling out.

Cause you know... I go back to how he talked about the next possible Guns album recently and also the importance of the vault for him and precisely because when it comes to Axl caring about what fans think, it's more the big picture. How Guns will be remembered in the long run. How much timeless he can achieve through Guns, his artistic vehicle. I think he believes the only road to total legendary status is an immaculate track record of timeless Guns albums.

Maybe that's why he mentioned he didn't do enough in Guns. He joked about the catalog being very small. That means it bothers him it's like that and maybe that could be the reason why he'll actually move his ass and deliver at least a final great Guns album with Slash and Duff fitting his musical vision.

And that's directly connected to the albums. Only to the albums as long as the tour is good enough to be lucrative. He's having a fun time making money and listening to Slash playing solos over what he worked so hard to achieve on his own, with no support from Slash and Duff.

This is a time to take it all in. And cash in. There will be a time to go back to it and tinker with super weapons at his disposal. But the goal is always total destruction. He moves slowly, but always forward. He wants to first write melodies and lyrics now. I think that's cause he still cares about what's the ideal way of making it the most organic it can be. Still artistic. Could have used a few Slash riffs and made cock rock anthems.

It ain't over until Axl has released another album. When he releases disposable shit, call me.

I think a string of albums would have to come from Slash. Axl wanting to start from lyrics and melodies makes it more Slash playing Axl songs. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rovim said:

2008 just called

homepage_large.896b858e.jpg

So Myles can release albums with two different bands, plus a solo album....and has a label willing to back him. But Axl can't be bothered to sharr ONE album? And some posters say it's all the label's fault.

"Jerry, let's do all we can to block an Axl or GnR release. Instead, let's see if we can get three Myles Kennedy albums out there."

"Sounds like a great plan. That will make us the most money."

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Apollo said:

So Myles can release albums with two different bands, plus a solo album....and has a label willing to back him. But Axl can't be bothered to sharr ONE album? And some posters say it's all the label's fault.

"Jerry, let's do all we can to block an Axl or GnR release. Instead, let's see if we can get three Myles Kennedy albums out there."

Clue to Axl worship: it is never Axl's fault. Axl must be defended at all costs. Two examples,

- Metallica, just released an album yesterday, but it is them who are the 'nostalgia' act and not Axl, an Axl now engaged on a reunion tour of the hits, with only one (2008) album to show for twenty-five years!

- Chinese delayed? Labels fault. Producers fault. Departing band mate's fault. Cat's fault (he ate the master tapes'). Canda's fault. Everybody's fault but the principal person in the whole thing, i.e. Axl Rose

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Apollo said:

Maybe not now but back in 99,2000 there was label interference. It was a different time. 

I feel like they should have put CD II out in 2010, even as just a bonus disc or digital. 

Right now I doubt they have a reunion record ready to release. They aren't going to put out CD II now that Slash and Duff are back. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

Clue to Axl worship: it is never Axl's fault. Axl must be defended at all costs. Two examples,

- Metallica, just released an album yesterday, but it is them who are the 'nostalgia' act and not Axl, an Axl now engaged on a reunion tour of the hits, with only one (2008) album to show for twenty-five years!

- Chinese delayed? Labels fault. Producers fault. Departing band mate's fault. Cat's fault (he ate the master tapes'). Canda's fault. Everybody's fault but the principal person in the whole thing, i.e. Axl Rose

I don't think anyone said that. Just Metallica rely a lot on nostalgia too at this point. 

There's evidence of label intervention in 99, 2000. It was a set back. But by 2004 the label just wanted it. That's when Axl decided not to. 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, wasted said:

I don't think anyone said that. Just Metallica rely a lot on nostalgia too at this point. 

There's evidence of label intervention in 99, 2000. It was a set back. But by 2004 the label just wanted it. That's when Axl decided not to. 

Poppycock.

In between all that philosophizing about how Axl could do a new album with Duff and Slash...

Why not just assume them sitting all together and doing a Guns album? 

They're back after 23 years. They are musicians. They wrote history together. They probably missed each other in some way, I don't know.

After all this time, I'm convinced they are hungry again working together. They've past so much fucking shit but that's over for now.

So why doesn't take nobody in consideration that they could sit together somewhere ... in a hotel room or in the fucking plane ... and write a bunch of new songs that got the spirit they couldn't have when written solely by one guy.

Axl’s proud on some of his songs? Great. Work on some old ideas, too. 

I know Izzy's lacking but three Guns are better than one.

At the end it's a fucking rock n roll album. It's nothing impossible, even in Axl's world. Maybe he's in the mood again. 

Edited by Free Bird

1 hour ago, Free Bird said:

In between all that philosophizing about how Axl could do a new album with Duff and Slash...

Why not just assume them sitting all together and doing a Guns album? 

They're back after 23 years. They are musicians. They wrote history together. They probably missed each other in some way, I don't know.

After all this time, I'm convinced they are hungry again working together. They've past so much fucking shit but that's over for now.

So why doesn't take nobody in consideration that they could sit together somewhere ... in a hotel room or in the fucking plane ... and write a bunch of new songs that got the spirit they couldn't have when written solely by one guy.

Axl’s proud on some of his songs? Great. Work on some old ideas, too. 

I know Izzy's lacking but three Guns are better than one.

At the end it's a fucking rock n roll album. It's nothing impossible, even in Axl's world. Maybe he's in the mood again. 

But shouldn't we factor what an album means to Axl? after all, he's the one who calls all the shots. (many shots at least)

I don't think it's just a rock n roll album. It's Gn'R's legacy, believe it or not. A Guns album has a lot of weight. You gotta understand it's not an Izzy or Slash solo album. It's an Axl Rose solo album filtered through Guns.

Don't think it's gonna be a fuck yeah album.

It's very possible they're sitting together or did or will. But there is talk about Slash reconvening with Myles and the Conspirators once the tour is over.

We have so little information we have to read between the lines with Axl and consider he doesn't operate the same way as a prolific musician or any other musician will really.

So you can't just use what works in your head for other normal human beings. It's Axl and he's still the boss. It looks like he wants to rerecord vocals, write new tunes with vocal melodies and lyrics in mind first, and still wants to use his tunes or what he has with Slash playing on top of it.

What is likely the case here, going by what Axl said recently, is that he will once again go for an album that has the "right" tunes, musical statement, and a lot of work is ahead of them cause he's not gonna use what he has as is.

Edited by Rovim

50 minutes ago, Rovim said:

But shouldn't we factor what an album means to Axl? after all, he's the one who calls all the shots. (many shots at least)

I don't think it's just a rock n roll album. It's Gn'R's legacy, believe it or not. A Guns album has a lot of weight. You gotta understand it's not an Izzy or Slash solo album. It's an Axl Rose solo album filtered through Guns.

Don't think it's gonna be a fuck yeah album.

It's very possible they're sitting together or did or will. But there is talk about Slash reconvening with Myles and the Conspirators once the tour is over.

We have so little information we have to read between the lines with Axl and consider he doesn't operate the same way as a prolific musician or any other musician will really.

So you can't just use what works in your head for other normal human beings. It's Axl and he's still the boss. It looks like he wants to rerecord vocals, write new tunes with vocal melodies and lyrics in mind first, and still wants to use his tunes or what he has with Slash playing on top of it.

What is likely the case here, going by what Axl said recently, is that he will once again go for an album that has the "right" tunes, musical statement, and a lot of work is ahead of them cause he's not gonna use what he has as is.

I honestly cant view this POV as anything other than madness, If Axl truly thought this way I would walk away as a fan because we will never hear another GnR album ever again. 

"It's an Axl Rose solo album filtered through Guns."

Axl Rose is not Guns n Roses & I suspect he now understands that quite well. Another album remotely close to CD & that will be it for GnRs legacy. 

Guns N Roses is a collaboration of five specific musicians, Not Axl & four anybody's. The sum was always greater than the parts, Axl included. 

Your post is a road map to "Everyone telling Axl to piss off, again

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Good, Fuck'n, Night. said:

I honestly cant view this POV as anything other than madness, If Axl truly thought this way I would walk away as a fan because we will never hear another GnR album ever again. 

"It's an Axl Rose solo album filtered through Guns."

Axl Rose is not Guns n Roses & I suspect he now understands that quite well. Another album remotely close to CD & that will be it for GnRs legacy. 

Guns N Roses is a collaboration of five specific musicians, Not Axl & four anybody's. The sum was always greater than the parts, Axl included. 

Your post is a road map to "Everyone telling Axl to piss off, again

Well, how do you think it is currently, if you had to guess? I'm not trying to pass my opinion as Axl's, I'm just trying to figure out, based on his past actions and what we know he said, what are the realistic possibilities for a future release.

You don't have to agree with it dude, but I don't know if it's that crazy, given how weird this current Guns situation is, and how Axl went through the Illusions release and Chinese as well.

I can't see how Axl is gonna not consider the meaning of a Guns album and how his existing unreleased material is going to reflect current Guns and Slash and Duff fit into his musical interests.

As I see it, it's still Axl's pet project. No matter how huge it is and that Slash and Duff are back. So it's like all these solo projects with Axl's at the center and he will still be the one to decide on it's direction, which remains unclear.

It's as straightforward as I can possibly explain, just the way I see it.

Edited by Rovim

Well, how do you think it is currently, if you had to guess? what? you think Axl is gonna release an album in 6 months with largely Slash tunes? you're dreaming. I'm not trying to pass my opinion as Axl's, I'm just trying to figure out, based on his past actions and what we know he said, what are the realistic possibilities for a future release.

You don't have to agree with it dude, but I don't know if it's that crazy, given how weird this current Guns situation is, and how Axl went through the Illusions release and Chinese as well.

I can't see how Axl is gonna not consider the meaning of a Guns album and how his existing unreleased material is going to reflect current Guns and Slash and Duff fit into his musical interests.

As I see it, it's still Axl's pet project. No matter how huge it is and that Slash and Duff are back. So it's like all these solo projects with Axl's at the center and he will still be the one to decide on it's direction, which remains unclear.

It's as straightforward as I can possibly explain, just the way I see it.

I'm not trying to say you are passing your opinion as Axls, I just find your POV frightening, is all.

I don't expect an album in 6 months, but time waits for no man. You really think Axl is going to record listenable music into his 60s?

Axl is doing an OK job on this tour but he needs Slash & Duff as much as they need him. Hes slowly fading.

Slash & duff recording over old work by Axl will just be more soulless uninspired music, it wont fly.

Collaboration is whats needed. 

The traditional thing for GNR to do at this point would be to record a song and stick it on a film soundtrack, just like Knockin' on Heaven's Door, You Could Be Mine and Sympathy for the Devil and then Axl's return with Oh My God. We were also introduced to Velvet Revolver on the Hulk soundtrack.

It would be nice to think they could get one song out next year. Nice but perhaps unrealistic.

Even if they intend to record an album, it most likely won't get released while they're still together.

There is no next Guns album yet technically. And that's the point. This line up now made things more complicated.

Gn'R starting from scratch is not likely cause Axl said "Slash could play on it if he wants to" after Axl mentioned he played them the shit and they liked it

A hybrid album of old material and new will also be problematic cause of things that just don't work in context with this line up, mainly Slash. Lyrics and music.

A completely old release of just CD ll and get it out of the way is not gonna happen cause it's not relevant anymore to current Guns.

Axl has mentioned he's interested in writing vocal melodies and lyrics first.

My guess is it will be a hybrid album with usable songs from the vault rerecorded, new Axl led tunes (lyrics and melodies first) with maybe a couple of new Slash tunes.

Slash's playing all over the album, with possibly some lead and rhythm work from Robin and Bucket.

2 hours ago, Rovim said:

There is no next Guns album yet technically. And that's the point. This line up now made things more complicated.

Gn'R starting from scratch is not likely cause Axl said "Slash could play on it if he wants to" after Axl mentioned he played them the shit and they liked it

A hybrid album of old material and new will also be problematic cause of things that just don't work in context with this line up, mainly Slash. Lyrics and music.

A completely old release of just CD ll and get it out of the way is not gonna happen cause it's not relevant anymore to current Guns.

Axl has mentioned he's interested in writing vocal melodies and lyrics first.

My guess is it will be a hybrid album with usable songs from the vault rerecorded, new Axl led tunes (lyrics and melodies first) with maybe a couple of new Slash tunes.

Slash's playing all over the album, with possibly some lead and rhythm work from Robin and Bucket.

I just keep think if they start fresh with this current line up they could do a great hard rock record. Maybe like Electric by The Cult or Pump by Aerosmith. But then you realise they already did that with AFD better than anyone else. 

It would awesome to get CD with Slash and Duff on it too. More layers, much more! But with less clean falsetto. 

11 minutes ago, wasted said:

I just keep think if they start fresh with this current line up they could do a great hard rock record. Maybe like Electric by The Cult or Pump by Aerosmith. But then you realise they already did that with AFD better than anyone else. 

It would awesome to get CD with Slash and Duff on it too. More layers, much more! But with less clean falsetto. 

I trust Axl will bring some logic into it.

Edited by Rovim