Myles Kennedy: We Have Recently Had Communication About Reconvening Slash & The Conspirators; New Album

3 hours ago, wasted said:

Axl will probably want Slash to fill in the blanks. But maybe Slash just gives the album GNR legit. 

Yeah I agree. Regardless of creative input, simply having Slash's stamp on the next GN'R album will legitimize it so much more with the public. Even if it's similar to Chinese Democracy sonically, people will approach it with an entirely different mindset which will, in turn, undoubtedly have an overwhelmingly positive effect on critical response and sales.

• Like 1

As long as Slash stays in GNR and new music will come out at some point, I'm cool with all of this. I just wonder what it actually means, if Slash is concentrating on The Conspirators for 18 months. What's Axl's doing in the meantime? Tinkering on CD2? Working on the next AC/DC album? I hope it's the latter and we're actually getting a new GNR record and an Axl/DC record in the not too distant future.

12 minutes ago, Lies They Tell said:

As long as Slash stays in GNR and new music will come out at some point, I'm cool with all of this. I just wonder what it actually means, if Slash is concentrating on The Conspirators for 18 months. What's Axl's doing in the meantime? Tinkering on CD2? Working on the next AC/DC album? I hope it's the latter and we're actually getting a new GNR record and an Axl/DC record in the not too distant future.

Yeah I'm hoping for that too. GN'R is a huge, monster machine at this point and will undoubtedly need downtime. So yeah, the guys all have side projects that they can indulge in during those quiet periods. So I'm hoping Axl does do an album with AC/DC during that time. I saw them live back in June and it was absolutely fantastic. It's fitting that he and Angus collaborate in the studio. We might get a really introspective, badass Bon Scott style album.

7 hours ago, AlexC said:

Yeah I agree. Regardless of creative input, simply having Slash's stamp on the next GN'R album will legitimize it so much more with the public. Even if it's similar to Chinese Democracy sonically, people will approach it with an entirely different mindset which will, in turn, undoubtedly have an overwhelmingly positive effect on critical response and sales.

7 hours ago, AlexC said:

I would assume so. CD reviews weren't all that bad but their was some background whingeing.

Sales is hard to judge because they are so down from CD era and not as many bail outs. I wonder if this is why they aren't rushing it. 

If the GNR reunion record sells less than CD we will see some primo postings. Walls of poetry. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, AlexC said:

If Slash was playing on CD it would have been received much better. I get resenting it because it's just Axl and he shouldn't have called it GNR, etc, etc...but it's far from a bad album. 

2 hours ago, Modano09 said:

If Slash was playing on CD it would have been received much better. I get resenting it because it's just Axl and he shouldn't have called it GNR, etc, etc...but it's far from a bad album. 

It's the album only Axl wanted to make. Slash said in his book it wasn't creative differences, and that he would have done anything, industrial whatever.

Slash didn't get why Axl couldn't just do a solo album that is separate from Guns, under Axl's own name. Why would he do that if he considers Guns to be his own band?

It took 20 years to get to a point where it's actually possible, now they can collaborate on material Axl is interested in, when Axl decides he wants to do it. So instead of Snakepit and fighting over riffs that could turn in Guns tunes, Axl doesn't seem to really care?

It's a more healthy situation with mutual respect and a shitload of material to work with and from. But their may be considerations we don't know about yet, other than just figuring out how to put the album together.

I guess nothing has changed, it's still Axl's band. It's whether Slash wants to play on CD II or not. If so, he might get some of his material on there, but it sounds like it will be co-writing with Axl lyrics and melodies, not Slash's vision of GNR. 

• Like 1

Myles says new album:

Is there any talk about a new album with Slash yet, or is Alter Bridge mainly at the forefront right now?  

Myles Kennedy: Alter Bridge is the forefront right now, but we’ve talked about reconvening in the next 18 months or so and doing another record with the Conspirators, so we’ll see how it all plays out!

http://audioinkradio.com/2016/10/alter-bridge-myles-kennedy-interview/

8 minutes ago, alfierose said:

Less of the personal attacks please otherwise the thread will end up up closed.

I had to clean up some posts after Alfie issued this warning, so consider this post the second and final verbal warning on this behavior. 

Either learn how to discuss the topic without insulting each other, or don't discuss the topic. Thanks.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RussTCB said:

I had to clean up some posts after Alfie issued this warning, so consider this post the second and final verbal warning on this behavior. 

Either learn how to discuss the topic without insulting each other, or don't discuss the topic. Thanks.

But the topic is not the issue. It's some random dude coming out of nowhere to disrespect Slash and his fans with no reason. It has nothing to do with Myles and what he said, it's non-sense!

• Like 1

More posts removed means a warning point issued.  

If you can't communicate with respect and civilly, you won't find a happy home here.  Feel free to disagree, but if you're goal is to antagonize and incite, you won't last long here.  

• Like 2

I think, at the end of the day, if Slash wants to make another album whether it is with Myles/Conspirators or with GNR, it's going to happen.  When?  Who knows?  This guy just loves making and recording albums (the quality of the album is another topic, though.)

In the touring sense, if Slash wants to tour with his solo band, sure it will not be in stadiums making millions of dollars in revenue, but Slash would still making healthy income since that tour would still be in solid venues (some arenas and nice music halls in non-North America locations) that most modern bands would love to play and headline in.

Edited by Anguyen92

1 minute ago, Anguyen92 said:

I think, at the end of the day, if Slash wants to make another album whether it is with Myles/Conspirators or with GNR, it's going to happen.  When?  Who knows?  This guy just loves making and recording albums (the quality of the album is another topic, though.)

And plus with that band I would imagine it being fairly easy to write and record an album seeing as how they do it at a very fast and productive pace.  I think GNR and the Conspirators can easily co-exist

1 hour ago, Silent Jay said:

Myles obviously wants a taste of Slash's momentum. The man is craving money.

Where's the proof in that?  He's got all the momentum he needs right now with Alter Bridge.  They are touring Europe, atm, playing some pretty solid packed theaters and got an arena tour (7 shows) in the UK in a few weeks.

Edited by Anguyen92
  • Like 2