Seems someone misses the 'attention'

swishtz

Still don't know what Axl saw in DJ. The hat did not disappear after all. Axl was like "no, too much whammy bar" for others, but DJ got the gig without an audition? weird cause he doesn't know how to use a guitar at all. The separate standard tone and volume knobs on his guitar were too much for him to handle.

I just don't get. I saw Guns live with him and he was just as terrible as I thought he was gonna be. People were mocking him in the crowd and there was a cringe moment where he was like doing his sig Hogan move expecting cheers and people yelled "don't embarrass yourself" (not in english) but he just looked at them and didn't get why no reaction.

If you're gonna be short, you gotta at least deliver. Like Angus and AC/DC. Ashba was probably the worst possible choice Axl could have made. And it lasted for 6 years.

People that didn't like the shred players in Guns probably had no idea what was waiting for them in 2009. At least his time in Gn'R had comedic value.

• Like 1

On 11/21/2016 at 9:33 PM, Oldest Goat said:

I firmly believe the sole reason Axl chose Ashba was because of his stupid hat. I reckon Axl saw it as a symbol of fate/good luck/replacing Slash and evolving somehow. My impression of him is he is superstitious enough for this to be plausible.

:rofl-lol: totally agree!