1 hour ago, tsinindy said:

Add Buffalo, Lancaster, PA and Winnipeg

Excellent. So far it looks like we have billboards for:

- Hershey, PA

-Lancaster, PA

-Buffalo, NY

-Montreal

-Winnipeg

Any more confirmed/rumored billboard sightings? Indy? Columbus? Raleigh? Cleveland?

Hmmm. So Europe is gonna definitely be all summer 2017, no? Has to be. Would make no sense to go back to NA before you've been to Europe. So, we are talking fall 2017 at the earliest for NA arena tour. Hershey, Lancaster & Buffalo are damn near the same market. It seems awfully early for billboards to be hyping a fall 2017 tour- almost a year ahead? 

Something seems funky. The billboards seem way early for shows, but... What the fuck is going on?

4 minutes ago, nonok said:

I'm hoping that if they do screw Europe over they'll at least play in St. Louis. Or release something from The Vault. I'll even take Pitman getting manhandled by Duff.

No possible way they would skip Europe. They've already announced Asia & Australia & other points farther flung on the map. The Machine sees Europe.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

Hmmm. So Europe is gonna definitely be all summer 2017, no? Has to be. Would make no sense to go back to NA before you've been to Europe. So, we are talking fall 2017 at the earliest for NA arena tour. Hershey, Lancaster & Buffalo are damn near the same market. It seems awfully early for billboards to be hyping a fall 2017 tour- almost a year ahead? 

Something seems funky. The billboards seem way early for shows, but... What the fuck is going on?

I was thinking the same thing. I'd say this may likely just be a live DVD release as well as theater screenings. Similar to the Appetite for Democracy. But who knows. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Modano09 said:

It's been pissing and moaning from the start.

Axl and Slash (with Duff) reunite, which seemed unthinkable. Soon enough it's complaining that Izzy and Steven aren't there, without knowing why. Steven is involved and then he's not involved enough. Izzy wanted more money than he was offered, then everyone is bad but Izzy. The set list doesn't change to appease the people watching every show through cell phones, and that's bad. Now they're touring another part of the world, and that's bad, because, basically, once they played the show you went to, they're supposed to stop touring and work on a new album (with Steven and Izzy) because that's what you want next. The last year has been fans being given something great followed by fans complaining that they want that plus something else. 

You deserve a round of applause for this post ? 

Yeah I get bored with the set list but how drastic can gnr really get with it?!?! I want new material but, I also don't want gnr to release material for the sake of just getting new material out there. Otherwise, chances are that's going to sound bad and not be accepted because if you're not releasing material through the purpose of creating art and just looking to make money, your fans aren't going to buy it. Probably time to take your ADHD meds at that point... and I really want new material but Chinese leftovers or newly written, it has to be something that they believe in and want us to hear because it expresses what they're going for. 

But I do hope they work things out with Izzy...

11 hours ago, Wagszilla said:

China Exchange interview

He also said a reunion wouldn't happen in this lifetime in 2012. ;)

10 hours ago, Fitha_whiskey said:

As genius and ballsy as the idea of naming this tour "Not in This Lifetime" was, it's equally terrible to name 2017 "The Machine is Back At It"... :facepalm: For us that are into Pink Floyd, as you figure Guns are too, that is just some bad imagery. (Welcome to the Machine)...

The machine is obviously alluding to a locomotive. Locomotive confirmed for 2017!

Make it so! :headbang:

Edited by Reclamation Project

7 hours ago, Billsfan said:

You deserve a round of applause for this post ? 

Yeah I get bored with the set list but how drastic can gnr really get with it?!?! I want new material but, I also don't want gnr to release material for the sake of just getting new material out there. Otherwise, chances are that's going to sound bad and not be accepted because if you're not releasing material through the purpose of creating art and just looking to make money, your fans aren't going to buy it. Probably time to take your ADHD meds at that point... and I really want new material but Chinese leftovers or newly written, it has to be something that they believe in and want us to hear because it expresses what they're going for. 

But I do hope they work things out with Izzy...

You have somehow, rather implausibly, agreed with him, before going on to espouse all of the points of dissension he is attacking haha!!

1 hour ago, DieselDaisy said:

You have somehow, rather implausibly, agreed with him, before going on to espouse all of the points of dissension he is attacking haha!!

Well the post isn't wrong. I see both sides to it but I'm not like some posters around here crying a river because they're not getting what they want because they feel entitled to something ;) 

19 hours ago, Rovim said:

But Axl said not soon. How do you define "not soon"? not next year or in 2 or 3 probably. In 2002 he said it wasn't the word and it took 6 more years.

If he's gonna incorporate new tunes with lyrics and melodies first, I'm guessing that will take time. A release in 2 to 3 years would be a miracle.

First of all, I don't think this new teaser means new music.

But what we've learned from the past is, that brutally honest Axl isn't reliable at all. So whatever he said or will say in the future is something I would take with a grain of salt.

1 hour ago, Billsfan said:

Well the post isn't wrong. I see both sides to it but I'm not like some posters around here crying a river because they're not getting what they want because they feel entitled to something ;) 

Is there a thoroughly unrepentant - 'the reunion is perfect, Frank/Fortus are better than Adler/Izzy, I love Melissa, the setlist is perfect and I want it to remain completely static, I do not want a new album but want nostalgia tours indefinitely'' - fan, outside Modano perhaps and the confines of certain other fan fora of a censorial persuasion?

My point is that, even it (the reunion's) keenest supporters have to produce a number of caveats to their admiration, basically highlighting how superior it could have all been.

12 hours ago, Modano09 said:

It's been pissing and moaning from the start.

Axl and Slash (with Duff) reunite, which seemed unthinkable. Soon enough it's complaining that Izzy and Steven aren't there, without knowing why. Steven is involved and then he's not involved enough. Izzy wanted more money than he was offered, then everyone is bad but Izzy. The set list doesn't change to appease the people watching every show through cell phones, and that's bad. Now they're touring another part of the world, and that's bad, because, basically, once they played the show you went to, they're supposed to stop touring and work on a new album (with Steven and Izzy) because that's what you want next. The last year has been fans being given something great followed by fans complaining that they want that plus something else. 

Lol. 

So to paraphrase a Slash quote, we should all just shut up and take whatever we get. 

You are combining viewpoints of different people and acting like they represent one voice.  SOME people wanted Izzy back. SOME people wanted Adler. SOME want to music. You are acting like 90% of the fan base are saying the exact same thing. That's simply not the case. Different people want different things. 

This is an open forum. We live in America where people are allowed to share our opinions. And people are allowed to have a different opinion than you. You aren't God. You don't own this site. You aren't the boss. Don't you realize you are adding to the negativity and complaining that you are complaining about? Why is it Ok for you to "whine and moan" constantly about other posters?

I want new music from my favorite singer. I'm bored with him basically touring the same set-list for the past 16 years. You want to look at YouTube videos of him singing SCOM for the 384th time. I would prefer to hear The General. To each his own. 

And lol. Only on a GnR forum would people think their favorite artist NOT releasing music is a thing to be happy about. Funny. 

TL/DR - people have different opinions than you. And that's OK. If you want people to stay positive, then you should stay positive too. ?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DieselDaisy said:

Is there a thoroughly unrepentant - 'the reunion is perfect, Frank/Fortus are better than Adler/Izzy, I love Melissa, the setlist is perfect and I want it to remain completely static, I do not want a new album but want nostalgia tours indefinitely'' - fan, outside Modano perhaps and the confines of certain other fan fora of a censorial persuasion?

My point is that, even it (the reunion's) keenest supporters have to produce a number of caveats to their admiration, basically highlighting how superior it could have all been.

Great post and you nailed it. 

It's silly for people to get angry if people have a different opinion than them. And silly to carry grudges against other posters. 

Thankfully most posters are like you. They can talk about the good and the bad, without being offended or having their feelings hurt. 

Check your PMs, I've got a funny story to tell you.