Wacky World of The Ominous Ninja Izzy Stradlin and NO! Gang

SerenityScorp

1 hour ago, Darkenchantress said:

Holy shit, i needed a dictionary just to understand the first paragraph! :lol:

Wow!! It's even worse for pretentious wankery use of the English language than Axl's letter to the hall of fame! 

Maybe this is how those two cast their voodoo energy juju spells at each other these days.

Edited by MillionsOfSpiders
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, Archtop said:

If I check the forum on my phone it explains the meanings.

Whoops Forget it..😂 Just noticed it says Dolphin. :facepalm: 

I already noticed the explanation what the dolphin means... so I hid my comment. 

22 hours ago, Tori72 said:

About the dolphin button: according to the Ask Stuff Anything thread, it's supposed to be "the ultimate GnR like".

Kuvahaun tulos haulle axl rose swimming with dolphins

:lol:

3 hours ago, cindy1985 said:

:shrugs:How can upload a photo??

If you have a photo online you'd like to post here -> just click with the right mouse button of the on top of the photo -> copy image  (or copy) -> click again with right mouse button on your post -> paste.  If you have a photo on your computer, flash drive etc. you have to upload it online first. I have used imgur.com for that. 

4 hours ago, Darkenchantress said:

Holy shit, i needed a dictionary just to understand the first paragraph! :lol:

I had harder time to understand/ believe that Alan Niven said something positive about Axl. 

Edited by Fourteenbeers

10 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Did he actually say the name Axl and not just call him red like normal ? 

Alan called him Axl.

I have to admit, some fans in this forum have given Axl pretty interesting nicknames. :P  (such as world's most dangerous pianist, Mickey Mouse or the "singer".) If you think about it, quite a lot of  shit gets thrown at him here. And this is a Gn'R  fan forum... 

Edited by Fourteenbeers
typo

1 minute ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Alan called him Axl.

I have to admit, some fans in this forum have given Axl pretty interesting nicknames. :P  (such as world's most dangerous pianist, Mickey Mouse or the "singer".) If you think about it, quite a lot of  shit gets thrown at him here. And this is a Gn'R  fan forum... 

no matter what happened in the past, axl is a great perfomer and a great songwriter. 

5 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Alan called him Axl.

I have to admit, some fans in this forum have given Axl pretty interesting nicknames. :P  (such as world's most dangerous pianist, Mickey Mouse or the "singer".) If you think about it, quite a lot of  shit gets thrown at him here. And this is a Gn'R's fan forum... 

Haha, they're better than the usual Axhole, Assl, Fatxl, Waxl, Axl Pose, XXL... :lol:

• Haha 2

59 minutes ago, cindy1985 said:

no matter what happened in the past, axl is a great perfomer and a great songwriter. 

Axl is great, I witnessed that myself  this summer in concert. But he was at his best like all of the members of the classic lineup - when they were together. I know that they have parted ways and that's something we just have to except. But I don't believe for a second that Axl would have made as far as he did without the others (and obviously they also had a lot of luck.)

[ GUNS N' ROSES POSTER ]

47 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Haha, they're better than the usual Axhole, Assl, Fatxl, Waxl, Axl Pose, XXL... :lol:

I was trying to be polite (and leave those out of my post ). But I think that I've seen them mostly elsewhere online, not so much in this forum. 

(TBH, I've posted few Mickey Mouse pics here myself too :P)

Edited by Fourteenbeers
typo

3 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Axl is great, I witnessed that myself  this summer in concert. But he was at his best like all of the members of the classic lineup - when they were together. I know that they have parted ways and that's something we just have to except. But I don't believe for a second that Axl would have made as far as he did without the others (and obviously they also had a lot of luck.)

[ GUNS N' ROSES POSTER ]

I was trying to be polite (and leave those out of my post ). But I think that I've seen them mostly elsewhere online, no so much in this forum. 

(THB, I've posted few Mickey Mouse pics here myself too :P)

I agree completely with you my friend I saw them too this summer. The original line up was the best it was the right time the right place and the right guys. 

1 hour ago, Fourteenbeers said:

Alan called him Axl.

56 minutes ago, MillionsOfSpiders said:

Gingersnap! :awesomeface: 

I think it was invented here, wasn't it? OR WT?

4 minutes ago, Fourteenbeers said:

I don't remember that been mentioned here...  I think Ned Flanders was invented here but nobody uses it anymore - it's gone out of fashion... :lol:

Ahhh... I love Ned Flanders (the nickname). Didn't know is not used anymore. I used "Lortus" the other day. Is it out of fashion too? :rofl-lol:

3 hours ago, Fourteenbeers said:

http://www.richardfortus.com/   It's seems still to be in fashion on his website...

First time I enter his website and Axl's quote hurt my heart "he was the guy we always were looking for". "We finnally have the real rhytmyn section" WHY GINGER WHY

And the worst part is that I genuinaly like Fortus, I think he is a very talented and nice dude. But my heart, my poor heart just broke

#imwaytodramaticiknow :no:

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TheKillerQueen said:

First time I enter his website and Axl's quote hurt my heart "he was the guy we always were looking for". "We finnally have the real rhytmyn section" WHY GINGER WHY

And the worst part is that I genuinaly like Fortus, I think he is a very talented and nice dude. But my heart, my poor heart just broke

#imwaytodramaticiknow :no:

If I remember correctly, somebody in this thread debunked that quote. Axl wasn't talking about Izzy no matter how much Lortus tried to make it look that way.

Edited by Kris_1989

Found it

On 5/26/2017 at 2:45 PM, BorderlineCrazy said:

There's ALWAYS a chance! Oh no, wait, it's Guns N' Roses we're talking about, sorry. :P

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Found that quote from Axl. It's from 2002!! Talking about Richard replacing Paul Huge (when the original band getting back together wasn't a possibility at all). Fortus edited the quote :facepalm:

On Richard Fortus replacing Paul Tobias:

Axl: "Paul helped us a lot in the writing and the recording of this record and to me was a vital part of not only the band but also my life. The world tour really wasn't his cup of tea whereas he's much more comfortable in a studio setting. We're fortunate to have found Richard who has this vibe kind of like [former guitarist] Izzy [Stradlin] but with amazing feel. The first thing I heard Richard play was the beginning of 'Stray Cat Blues' by the STONES and he did it with the right feel. Richard likes to play rhythm. He's an amazing lead player and very technically skilled. He really likes the pocket that Brain sets and the two of them click with Tommy so we finally have the real deal rhythm section, as Richard is a proven professional. Basically, Richard's the guy that we always were looking for. I think that we'll go on to write some very interesting things with Richard and he's already done some rhythm work and some leads on the album." 

Axl did do a silly comparisson between Richard and Izzy but he was basically talking about how Richard was the right fit to play with Brain and Tommy in the Nu band. I loved how Axl was talking wonders about Paul Huge but then some honesty slipped through and he said "we finally have the reao deao rhythm section", admitting Paul SUCKS!

Didn't have the time to read the whol interview right now but it seems interesting, Axl didn't sound so angry and bitter at Slash at that point.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, kkferro72 said:

Ahhh... I love Ned Flanders (the nickname). Didn't know is not used anymore. I used "Lortus" the other day. Is it out of fashion too? :rofl-lol:

Yeah, 'Gingersnap' is Women's ThreadTM,  but Ned Flanders and Lortus they came from this thread. And Ned is such a great one for Duff, it will never be 'demodé' :rofl-lol: Off the top of my head, Stizzy Stradler is also a trademark from this thread. And there was a time when Slashy-poo was a thing at WT, not anymore though :P 

• GNFNR 1
  • Haha 1

@Kris_1989 Reading that still makes me want to throw up. Fn' Lortus <_<

3 hours ago, dgnr said:

Yeah, 'Gingersnap' is Women's ThreadTM,  but Ned Flanders and Lortus they came from this thread. And Ned is such a great one for Duff, it will never be 'demodé' :rofl-lol: Off the top of my head, Stizzy Stradler is also a trademark from this thread. And there was a time when Slashy-poo was a thing at WT, not anymore though :P 

Lol, Ned was sort of an accident but it sort of stuck at least for a while. Pretty much at the same time I also called him Harvey Dent, guess I wasn't too happy about Duff's behavior back then :P

• Like 1